Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slowest build thread ever with crappy iphone photography W201 190E OZ Breyton 20V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowest build thread ever with crappy iphone photography W201 190E OZ Breyton 20V?

After drooling over them on the intarwebs for some time, I picked up a fairly clean 1991 190E in Seattle with just over 100K. Brought it home and immediately cut the springs. It sat perfect for a day, then the springs settled so now it sits on the bumpstops... so comfy.

Installed some euro lights.

Only the left front speaker worked with the factory cassette player, and it was blown. So I had a good friend of mine do a nice little install.

Then I bought some OZ Breytons that I'm currently refinishing.

Set the faces and lips up against the car just to get an idea of how it might look.

Then lastly, and the part that will most definitely take the longest, is the solution to my 2.3 8v being the most gutless turd I've ever driven... an audi 20v turbo engine. Don't expect anything quick on this one. I plan on building this engine and accumulating parts over the next few years before the swap happens. For now I'll just be happy to get the car sitting right on the new wheels.

OOO snap, this is heading in a good direction!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

snap ... like it

Comment

OOhh. Audi heart! This is interesting!

Comment

woooot, another local Mercedes!

Those Breytons are gonna look goooood...

Comment

Oh dang, this is in town.
            Too excited.
            IG: ossiep

Comment

Wheel centers got powdercoated yesterday. First they got stripped and then some of the imperfections were smoothed out.

then silver base was applied

recessed Breyton logo in black

then clear coat and done. Now just waiting on the lips.

Comment

Nice! those wheels will look great

I'm looking for a 190, hope i can find on up here this clean too.

Comment

I love my little 2.3 in my 230e! Awesome build man keep it up.
                  Follow on IG
                  amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                  Vintage AME Wheels
                  RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                  W115 & W123

Comment

Did you powdercoat the wheels yourself, or did you have a shop do 'em? Either way, looks like they came out clean!

Comment

Had them done by Custom Powderworks down here in Springfield

Comment

this thing has all the ingredients to be a stellar ride i can't wait to see this unfold
                        IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                        Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

Goodies laid out waiting for lips. Ups tracking says they're out for delivery today

Got the Nardi installed.

Threw on a mk3 jetta front lip.

Installed a Sickos car club sticker, good for 30hps on the dyno.

Then my buddy Luther from RSI helped me install rear coilovers using generic Ebay sleeves and some 425 lb/in 8" springs. Finally rides like a mercedes.

Used some pipe to center the sleeves.

The pipes sit nicely in the holes on the control arm,

Welded them in.

Then painted them and slipped the coilovers on. Works perfect. Don't mind that leaky shock

Comment

Almost together. Should have everything assembled tonight.

Comment

Test fit the a front wheel. Looks good so far. Having some issues assembling the rears but I'm hoping they go together tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X