No announcement yet.

1Bad37: C5 Corvette Meets '37 Chevy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Bad37: C5 Corvette Meets '37 Chevy...

This is my project... It’s a 1937 Chevrolet 1/2 ton truck, with a 2001 Corvette engine, or LS1, a T56 6 speed trans, and 3.46 rear end. The frame was custom made by myself with help from my father over the last two years to suit the full Corvette independent suspension and disk brakes all the way around. The truck is supported by a set of fully adjustable coil overs. The wheels are stock 2001 wheels 18x9.5+56 rear, 17x8.5+56 with 255s on rear so they don’t rub on the already 2inch wider rear fenders. The front end is narrowed 6 inches. The Corvette trans is under the bed connected to the motor by a torque tube. The torque tube was custom extended 6.5 inches. The trans being in the back was the reason I made the bed tilt, so people could see the amount of time and effort that went into the truck.The Corvette’s electronics are all there, slimmed down by myself on cold winter nights. (PITA:lol The Security systems are all there, I just wired it in such a way that everything that wants to talk, does.
    First off some "picking it up pics!" This kid has NO IDEA what he just got himself into!!!

100_3673m by Der E30, on Flickr

100_3678m by Der E30, on Flickr

I remember being super excited the whole ride home! People were giving us thumbs up the whole way!

100_3682m by Der E30, on Flickr

These were two years ago in July ’11...

IMG_0560m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_0562m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_0630m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_0570m by Der E30, on Flickr

That was the first time the frame had seen real daylight!

Fast forward to last summer...

[/QUOTE]

[IMG]
    background by Der E30, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    IMG_1302m by Der E30, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_1329m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1342mm by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1298m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1306m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1347m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1367m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1360m by Der E30, on Flickr

Annnnd some pics of under the hood and bed...
    [IMG]
    IMG_4504 by Der E30, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_4515 by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_4521 by Der E30, on Flickr

[IMG]
    IMG_4527 by Der E30, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    IMG_4528 by Der E30, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_4532 by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1298m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1306m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1347m by Der E30, on Flickr

IPhone doesn’t pick up light too well but I made due, the real camera was home that day...

IMG_1543m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1536m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1537m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1540m by Der E30, on Flickr

Driver’s point of view when cruising...

IMG_1535m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1547m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1551m by Der E30, on Flickr

Driving out of hell!

IMG_1535mm by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1544m by Der E30, on Flickr

A few with my great grandpappy’s truck the beast he bought new... The beast is next in line to get worked on...

IMG_1573m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1593mc by Der E30, on Flickr

And to the reason I'm starting a build thread today and not earlier is I was swamped with skool (and working on my DD's little issues) all winter and basically got nothing done all winter is that I'm almost done with skool for the summer and I will be actually making some progress!!!:metal: I'll upload some pics of the parts I picked up last wee. Shaved door kit and some glass related parts... Today I dropped off my glass to get tinted. Pics when its back! Gotta have SOMETHING done before the Arlington Show and SHine on the 14th!
    As she sits currently...

New things I got, besides the power window motor.

Sound deadener I've been doing plus the mock up actuator spot.
    -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

i dont really know what to say other than this is some cool shit dude. how does it handle in the twisties thats what i wanna know.

Comment

Damn, that's badass!

I love these restomod trucks.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Thanks guys! It handles quite well in the twisties although I won't push it as I have too much in it so I have more fun with my car... Funny how that works... I have a list that covers a whole sheet of paper to do over the summer, mostly to do with paint...
        Last edited by DER E30; 01-19-2015, 12:38 PM.
        -Christian.

Comment

Amazing truck man, espacially with that enginge
          IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

Awesome work man! Can't say I'm a fan of the wheels, and the cab and bed need to sit lower on the frame closer to the rocker panels. Or at least paint that part of the frame black.

Keep it up man, I'm sure the vette running gear in that is fun! It was a base vette that it was taken from I'm assuming?
            2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

such a badass whip. Reminds me of something you'd see on overhaulin..but home grown!
              Like a glove

Comment

Originally posted by Dome View Post
                Amazing truck man, espacially with that enginge
                Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
                Awesome work man! Can't say I'm a fan of the wheels, and the cab and bed need to sit lower on the frame closer to the rocker panels. Or at least paint that part of the frame black.

Keep it up man, I'm sure the vette running gear in that is fun! It was a base vette that it was taken from I'm assuming?
                Yeah, I don't have the filler panels in in any of the pics, I have ones that go below the doors and under the bed in front of the back fenders but they need some work to go on. When they're on the frame isn't visible at all from the side... Just need to paint the plate between the front a arms as that is visible from the front...
                Yup base vette that got totaled but still had good suspension and drivetrain...

Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post
                such a badass whip. Reminds me of something you'd see on overhaulin..but home grown!
                Thanks its been a long journey to get to here but its been worth it... I think
                -Christian.

Comment

This truck is soooo hard. LS1 all the things!
                  on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

Love your truck man! Any updates recently?

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Semu View Post
                      Love your truck man! Any updates recently?
                      Uhh, I took the bed all apart and cut my exhaust all up to adjust the tips. Was gonna order a complete vintage air ac/heater kit for it but idk if I will... Thinking about selling to do fun things to my e30 and buy a 46M3...idk maybe it's the January want something different sickness. I probably won't though so it will go further apart and get painted and said vintage air installed...also my trans needs new 1st gear synchro...
                      -Christian.

Comment

Pics of taking it apart... Dang, didn't realize they were that dark...

Put some sound deadener stuff in over the summer, makes the doors not sound like tin!

Always ***** the way the mufflers could be seen from the side under the fenders...

I WILL FIX!

Actually the second time the exhaust went under the knife, or should I say grinder! I angled the cans up so they can't be seen from the side, it looks 10x better...
                        -Christian.

Comment

Looking great!

Renato
                          Team TWM Performance
                          TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                          sigpic

Comment

Very cool man. I love the hints of vette throughout the truck. But I would change the wheels/ paint the brakes back to black. Love it otherwise!
                            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

such a cool build. I dig the mix of old with newer stuff, usually makes for reliable and fun rides

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Working...
                              X