Pedro'Z and the miata nb1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long and overdue news about the Miata :

Good news : Car is coming out of storage in a bit more than one month!
    Bad news : I still have to wait a bit more than one month! F*** Yeah! hahaha

Like most racing kids, I start collecting car parts during the long winter! However, I had a big problem! I couldn't afford all the expensive parts I was buying, and I didn't want to make a cheap build with fake parts...

After searching for a way to have free parts (which didn't worked well), I have decided to start refurbing wheels one step at a time! So in december, I bought my first complete set of wheels for a decent price :

AME Alloy Mesh, made by Enkei and produced only in Japan. Made a quick refurb and than sold them the next weekend!
    – They were three pieces welded;
    – 15×6;
    – Offset of 10;
    – And the Bolt Patern was 5×120.

They were cool wheels, However they had the wrong bolt Pattern... So I sold them for a very reasonable price and made some good profit! During that time I stumbled around a cheap set of SSR GT3 Wheels! I didn't know anything about those wheels but I knew I had a chance of buying three pieces wheels! Guess what! I was Right! They were 3 pieces, 18x8.0, +49 offset and 5x114,3. Sold them the next day and made a bit more money!

The week after, I found a guy who was selling some BBS RA for a very good price! Wrote him a quick e-mail and he answered me telling he was selling BBS RA and BBS RZ together! Bought the two sets, made a family picture and BAM, I had some new wheels for sale!

At the same time I bought a set of BBS RM from a friend, thinking they were THE WHEELS for my Miata! Hahaha

Sold the BBS RZ and RA and Ohhh Boy, I was wrong about the BBS RM! They were in bad shape, needed some love and some cleaning! Gave them all the love they needed and ended up with this result :

The Result was good! The wheels looked good and they were almost free with all the wheels I had bought and sold! But you know, sometimes you have a heart beat and you buy some other wheels! hahahah! SO the BBS RM are for sale and the new wheels are coming next week! Hope the community gonna enjoy them!

I will keep you updated!
    Last edited by Pedro'z; 04-26-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Hi! It's been almost 6 months since the last time I drove this little Roadster! Feels good to have her back on the road!

Here she is next to a twin, waiting to get out of the storage! (She is the one on the right with the roll bar!)

It was such a good thing to sit in this little car again! Such a big difference compare to my daily driver (Hyundai accent)... And like most members onthis forum, I started buying some car parts during last winter!

First thing I did when I came back home is installing a TechnoToy drift button from GarageStar and a Password JDM white knob. To be honest with you guys, I like how the drift button look in my interior. It feel like it's a good addition to my interior, however, I am not so sure about my Password JDM knob. I don't know if I like the look, the feel and the general aspect in my car... Personally, I would not recommend you this brand, service was lame, and the knob arrived a little bit damaged...

Here is a comparaison Between the stock knob and The Password white knob

That's it for today! Better updates are coming during the next days and weeks!

Comment

Yesterday was a good day!

Got the car back from the garage (I had a broken front wheel beering)! I also installed a GarageStar NB Radiator Cooling Panel / Wiper Cowl Panel and some Sexy bolts all over the engine bay and on my rear licence plate! Quality is A+ and the installation is super easy! I highly recommend you theses products! Once theses parts were installed, I grabbed my camera and went for a quick photo session! Hope you guys enjoy the newest additions and the pictures!

Comment

Made two big purchased last week! Here is one of them :

BTW, Sorry for the bad pictures. This Hardtop was in pretty rough shape! Paint was far from being good, hardtop was dirty as hell and the last owner Plasti dip the entire top. I NOW FUC**** **** PLASTI DIP. However after few hours, a lot of love and some magic products I brought it back to life.

During :

Final result, all clean and ready to go on the car!

I also bought some GarageStar OEM Hardtop Brackets with some Security bolts

Took the Softop off and clean the drains! Never realized how much important cleaning the drains was! I had one that was completely block! Clean your drains guys!

Better pictures are coming for the top within the next few days! Cheers!

Comment

Loving the attention to detail and the well written journal. Have you decided what wheels you're going to put on this?

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

Well, it looks like a very good specimen to work with, it's so clean !

These little cars are so fun to drive, every gear shift puts a smile on your face And can't wait to see the hardtop mounted!

Btw from where are you from in Québec?

Comment

Love the details and direction of your build

- Renato
                TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                sigpic

Comment

Long and over due update!

My Hardtop is OFFICIALLY ON and I am pretty happy with the outcome! I love the new look! The chassis also fills a bit more rigid with the GarageStar brackets when I am driving a bit harder! Had some time last Saturday, so clean/wax the car and took my camera out! Here are the results!

You can see the GarageStar Brackets right here :

However, the coolest new thing about my car is the RevLimiter NB Retro Window Switch!!! My regular switch broke last month. I had to replace it fast! By the way, Revlimiter products are fantastics and Adam is more than a great guy! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM! Thanks again Adam! I will definitely be buying more products from you next winter!

The broken switch :

AND THE NEW SWITCH!

And last but not least, I changed my OEM air filter! Old vs New

And Voilà for today! I have some other great updates that are coming in the following weeks! But for now I am going on vacation with the girlfriend! Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis_D View Post
                    Well, it looks like a very good specimen to work with, it's so clean !

These little cars are so fun to drive, every gear shift puts a smile on your face And can't wait to see the hardtop mounted!

Btw from where are you from in Québec?
                    You are more than right! Theses cars are amazing! I am from Québec City! Where are you from? Montreal?

Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
                    Love the details and direction of your build

- Renato
                    Thanks man! I really appreciate it!

Originally posted by Verdigrie View Post
                    Loving the attention to detail and the well written journal. Have you decided what wheels you're going to put on this?
                    Thanks! I am always doing my best for this journal! For the wheels, I had a completed set of 15" BBS RS043 redrill in 4x100 (you can see the picture bellow). However I sold it last month for something smaller! I will probably be putting some 14" wheels with some beefy tires! Not sure yet about the setup. Maybe some classic Enkei RPF1 or some SSR MK2/3...!

Comment

those switches are badass, looks great with the hard top on.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Dear StanceWorks community,

I think this thread deserve a bit of fresh air! Well I bought some coilovers in june and I finally managed to install my suspension setup this week!!!!

First picture of the car lowered!

Hope you guys enjoy!

Comment

Now were getting to it. Throw the wheels on now since its lowered
                          2002 Infiniti I35 ( 6 speed swap in progress )
                          2004 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed ( Closest car to being "stanced" )
                          2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6 Speed
                          2002 Lincoln LS
                          On the verge of being Stanced

Comment

Lookin good man! very clean build

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                            Originally posted by nickskater09
                            I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Hello StanceWorks members,

I just came back from two months backpacking trip around South-East Asia. It is such a great part of our world! And it's probably the main reason why this build has been a bit on the ice this summer..

But guess what? Every great experience must come to an end, so here I am, back in Canada for fall season!

Send the car to alignment before leaving, driving experiment has been so much improved! So I decided to take her for a first drive yesterday. Burned what was still left on my crappy tires and snapped few pictures from this dirty car! Enjoy guys!

Like I said, she was dirty

GarageStar products always looking good

And a quick interior shot, because I love how good the tan interior look!

Comment

Wow, I like the interior a lot! And love the switches. Keep it up!
                                Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                                Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Working...
                                X