No announcement yet.

Vanilla Fitment - '95 FTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to get the guards rolled, business still had a car stuck on the hoist waiting for parts. Another couple days of rolling 4X4 spec, but half price on the deal when I go Friday morning! Can't complain.

Comment

Presently debating future fitment. Tempted to acquire a new set of 18s as a business here in Aus is having a 10% sale on Work wheels till the end of the year. Not a big saving, but enough to bring them into the price range I was looking at before.

The debate is, stay mostly flush to stock body (anywhere from 18x9.5 +15 to +23, there is a set of 18x10 +18 that could squeeze maybe), or go all out on some 18x10.5 +15 and run a 265/35 with a set of flares.

Meanwhile I also want a Wavetrac LSD and am half wondering if I can get my folks to bring it back when they come from the States/Canada haha.

Comment

Took some half decent pics after a half decent wash.

Comment

Comment

Few updates. Finally got it registered in my home state. Need to take out the HIDs and coilovers, which was a bit annoying but found some cheap stock suspension to pass it through. Everything is back in awaiting an alignment.

In other news ordered a Wavetrac LSD from the US (exchange rate gahh). Fortunately got a quote early May and saved a couple hundred dollars even though they forgot to mention GST.

Comment

A few friends and I were just talking about how we can't wait for these to be old enough to import into the US. Looks great!
              IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
                A few friends and I were just talking about how we can't wait for these to be old enough to import into the US. Looks great!
                Cheers mate. There are some things that are a bit shabby for my OCD, but not worth fixing when I intend (hopefully) on a full respray down the track.

Looks are what drew me to it in the first place, really! Smaller and less muscle-y than a Supra, a bit bigger and not quite as sleek as an FD RX-7, but some nice body lines and good features, especially on the front end.

This is my mechanic mates' custom turbocharged one with the non-MIVEC motor (better for boost anyway as lower compression). Currently putting out about 170kw at the wheels. Certainly a handful!

Comment

Ever since my Gran Turismo days I've thought these were great looking cars. Always wondered how that tiny V6 felt too!

I really, really enjoyed the look of your silver one - the newer headlights and more aggressive bumper really did it for me. And the color looked great.

Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by mikethevilla View Post
                    Ever since my Gran Turismo days I've thought these were great looking cars. Always wondered how that tiny V6 felt too!

I really, really enjoyed the look of your silver one - the newer headlights and more aggressive bumper really did it for me. And the color looked great.

Keep it up!
                    Thanks, appreciated. I think it's an engine with enough power to get you into trouble at least. I don't have much to compare to, though. My first car was a 1.8L 4cyl Mazda, so stepping up to the V6 felt fast, even though it was also an automatic. I haven't taken it for many proper drives yet, but I already know the manual retains considerably more power.

Headlights are actually the same, aside from integrated parker lights on the 97+ models. I'm keen for eventually having the same bumper on the white car (got a new one in the shed lol), and the matching skirts. Undecided on what colour, but given it'll probably be a number of years before it eventuates I think I have time to decide!

Comment

This is what the FTO reminds me of, I spent soooo many hours playing TXRD2 and mr.mitsu's car had a huge impact on the way that I saw mitsubishi cars. I used to think it was all about the 3000gt/gto, gallant, evo and the dsm but the FTO really stuck out compared to the rest of the lineup at the time. I always wanted one of these. Looks great man, maybe you should paint it yellow like the car of the year models came.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I have considered the COTY yellow, but I need metallic paint in my life, haha. Though I suspect it would be expensive, I'd really like to use Mazda's Soul Red from their new lineup. Every time I see a car with it in full sun, I'm like "damn!". It catches counters superbly.

Comment

Very coom FTO sir! I have seen a few rolling around here and all were stock and rather forgettable, but with what you've done to both the silver and white ones makes them eyecatchers!
                          sigpic
                          Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
                            Very coom FTO sir! I have seen a few rolling around here and all were stock and rather forgettable, but with what you've done to both the silver and white ones makes them eyecatchers!
                            Thanks a lot man. (had to google what 'coom' meant lol). I appreciate all the positive reception on here. Down here it just cops flack for being N/A FF, haha. People who aren't in the car scene think it's a Porsche.

Like what you did with the 2G and R33!

Comment

It's heeeeeeeeere! And as heavy as I was expecting.
                              Just gotta get clutch and bearings/possible synchros now. Uprated brake gear will be done at same time, getting keen!

Comment

Have to say that I liked your silver FTO more than the white one from the optical aspect because of the colour. The silver suits the car just perfect, especially on that night shots

But lets wait till the white one is done, maybe it will change my mind
                                IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

Working...
                                X