No announcement yet.

Vanilla Fitment - '95 FTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after nearly a year and a half of ownership, finally acquired my first go-fast bits. A set of RPW headers, a custom y-pipe, and a UAS intake pipe. Bought off an FTO club member who is going turbocharged and didn't require them any more.

Comment

Looks nice dude! I'd love to have a FTO GPX here in the states.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
      And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RubbderDucky View Post
        Looks nice dude! I'd love to have a FTO GPX here in the states.
        They're a great little car (insomuch as my limited experience can tell). First time I saw one listed for sale I was like "What is this I must acquire it". Beautiful body lines, and despite not boasting huge horsepower, the V6 is still pretty punchy even with the semi-auto.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bjk View Post
            Was rounding a corner in the hills around my city late at night, on Christmas eve no less, and hit a kangaroo doing around 70kph.
            This is the funniest thing to me. Because we don't have kangaroos. So Australian.

This car is cool. Sucks you keep hitting stuffs but you're doing good by it. Props!
            Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Hot damn, that's one good looking ass! And you need to stop hitting shit!
              Z32's rule! So do (surprisingly) non-leaking T-Tops

Comment

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
                This is the funniest thing to me. Because we don't have kangaroos. So Australian.

This car is cool. Sucks you keep hitting stuffs but you're doing good by it. Props!
                Cheers! Haha, yeah, had to be typically Australian it seems. One of the girls I know who is now an ex-FTO owner (now has a T.M.E. Evo), hit a Koala in hers. The latest damage is waiting for a new headlight to arrive so I can just do everything at once; lots of things that I can do in the meantime though!
                Originally posted by Dsscats View Post
                Hot damn, that's one good looking ass! And you need to stop hitting shit!
                'tis nice, round and firm! Have been very much contemplating despoilering the boot, but I don't know if I can be bothered making a lip spoiler/ducktail to round it out like I envision I want it.

Trying not to hit stuff! It's high up on the list.

Comment

Got the extractors in with my mate before work one Wednesday (was a little late, ha). They are still a little buzzy, but have improved since they were first put on. Waiting for a time he's free again so we can figure out the accessory fan nicking one of the pipes.

Upper end pull is markedly better, dropping to second from 60kph is good fun. Can't wait to finish with the cat back and maybe do a dual exhaust if I have the money spare and the girlfriend doesn't look like she'll throw something at me.

Comment

Been house sitting with girlfriend at a property that does horse agistment, so took a quick shot in the barn. The car has horses, right?

In other news, mate who is a manager at a tyre store can hold a buy four for the price of 3 tyres special for me. Going a size down with a set of 225/45 Yokohama C Drive 2's. Bit more expensive, but hopefully should resolve a few of my tyre-to-fender related issues (as well as a little more stretch!).

Comment

Got defected, again, hahaha.

Cop just pulled me over cause he saw my car drive past him (it was about 10pm and there had been no one behind me previous, suddenly red and blue). Did me for bald rear tyres (they were pretty bald lol, felt fine though through the hills), and "excessive oil leaks". Have to get the defect clear at what is colloquially known as Regency. Tried earlier this week and failed inspection, and they also got me for the rolling diameter being too tall. Here in South Aus you're allowed to be 15mm less or more, and I'm 30mm over.

Fun times! Getting slowly sorted out, taking buses to work and my girlfriend is generously picking me up from work at midnight cause no public transport that I can catch runs that late.

Comment

Welp, finally got the car back on the road properly this last Tuesday on the 23rd after nearly two months. Not the most fun time of my life. I went back a second time with all new tyres, but I dropped a speck of oil on their floor, and then the inspector also discovered my wheels were beyond (just) the guards and also made the track too wide. Also noticed it was lowered, but since the FTO is an import they have no specifications for it. So they requested that I find them, hah! Got my mate to write up a paper with some info on it. I ended up getting some cheap tyres on my stock wheels to pass it through.

Between those trips though it was also discovered that I'd spun a big end bearing. (in the supposedly low km motor, sigh) so it was out with the new, in with the old again. And because it is an older motor, it was still a bit leaky the second time I went back.

Third time is a charm though, and this time I was well prepared. Left a half hour earlier than I needed to and jacked the car up on the side of a wide road so I could wipe down the cross member. Found a slow drip too somewhere between the engine and gearbox, which I shoved a gum nut into hahaha. Got a reasonable person for the inspection who was like "well, we don't have any info about the suspension height but it looks fine so we can't really do anything about it", and then I was free.

Gives me a good excuse to clean the inside of the RPF1s though, and at least now that I have decent tyres on the stocks I have a back up if I get a flat.

Oh, and I took my spoiler off.

and with the stockies, so small.

Comment

Such a cool car. Wish we had over here.

Comment

They're pretty nifty. Love every time I get into it (when things aren't broken and it starts lol). Weighing up between adjustable shocks and coilovers probably for next year, coilies are looking tempting but I sigh at the outlay.

Comment

Originally posted by bjk View Post
                              They're pretty nifty. Love every time I get into it (when things aren't broken and it starts lol). Weighing up between adjustable shocks and coilovers probably for next year, coilies are looking tempting but I sigh at the outlay.
                              Just go coilovers. Do it right the first time otherwise you will kick yourself in the dick for not buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom View Post
                                Just go coilovers. Do it right the first time otherwise you will kick yourself in the dick for not buying them.
                                Yeah, looking more tempting as I weigh up my future pipe dreams; i.e. upsizing to some 18x9.5 +15 RPF1s in future, or perhaps something completely different. Would also love to do some bolt on flares for a bit of a difference, but filling them out would also require the advantages of coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X