No announcement yet.

My Black Beauty 87' Buick Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again guys for the compliments on the car. It means a lot and reassures me how cool and fun this car is, and also keeps me motivated to continue the build. This past weekend I took the car out to a local car show and in doing so I hit a new milestone! 90K!

But it is quite nice to not have her bare the burden of the daily driver anymore, I still love to drive this car too much to put it away for good. This is how it sits 6 days a week now.

Progress will be a little slow for the next few weeks due to taking the girlfriend to San Diego for her birthday, and also the stupid heat we are experiencing down here in Tucson, AZ. It was 108 today and its only the 3rd of June... We are in for a long rough summer.

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

The GN is probably my favorite muscle car, stellar build man. I know this is a stance forum and all but please don't stance it, bag it, slam it, mexi-poke it or anything in between. It has a great stance now and I love the stock wheels. Would be awesome if you could find that style, but just an inch bigger and wider.

Comment

Finally, a nice and clean GN! This is the same car that got me into the car scene. Can't wait to see what you have planned out!

Comment

Great read!

I owned an '87 for 11 years and loved the car. I too completely re-did the suspension and went with a TA-49 and supporting mods.

The stock wheels look fantastic plasti-dipped.

Comment

Absolutely love these boxy machines. Definitely a little jeleous of yours haha
            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by evertoconquer View Post
              The GN is probably my favorite muscle car, stellar build man. I know this is a stance forum and all but please don't stance it, bag it, slam it, mexi-poke it or anything in between. It has a great stance now and I love the stock wheels. Would be awesome if you could find that style, but just an inch bigger and wider.
              I agree completely, i'm not trying to get crazy with it, but I want to put my own touch on it and separate it from all the other GN's out there and I dig this forum and what you guys do to your cars and I wanted to put some old school american in here

Originally posted by Perez23 View Post
              Finally, a nice and clean GN! This is the same car that got me into the car scene. Can't wait to see what you have planned out!
              Thanks man!!! Hopefully you will enjoy what I end up doing to it. I want to do this car justice.

Originally posted by white out View Post
              Great read!

I owned an '87 for 11 years and loved the car. I too completely re-did the suspension and went with a TA-49 and supporting mods.

The stock wheels look fantastic plasti-dipped.
              From all the research I have done, everyone and their brother who has had a GN has used a TA-49 and said it was their favorite turbo in their combos. Don't worry, I still have the stock Plasti-Dipped wheels. I don't plan on getting rid of them since I love that all black look!!

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
              Absolutely love these boxy machines. Definitely a little jeleous of yours haha
              I cant get enough of boxy cars, I love them! Thanks, I hope I can do it justice for sure.

Comment

Such a sick build! Can't wait to get my Wheels done for my Ty and get it dropped. Domestic DD Turbo boxes FTW.
                1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
                Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
                1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
                1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

Please post burnouts in this I think these were the best thing to come out of america in 80s.

Comment

I love it! Makes me want to get the qa1 coils for mine.

Comment

Got some more pictures, not under a cover?

Looks great keep it up!
                      WTB
                      Manaray MS6 Center Caps

'95 Z32 3.0TT LHD T-Top .:. Cruiser
                      '16 F450 6.7T Lariat Ult. .:. Tow-Rig
                      IG: @AllGoNShow / @TurboJInc

Comment

I love this car! What kind of numbers does that motor put down? Any engine bay pics?

Comment

Alright, So I have been off the grid for a minute clearly. I do have some things to update. So since the last time I was on here, I have gotten out of the military, rented out my house, drove the Buick up to my parents house in Minnesota and moved to Hawaii. SO... with all that being said here is my life now haha. My girlfriend is a traveling Physical Therapist and landed a gig here in Hawaii, and we will be here for three months, obviously the cost didnt make sense to ship the Buick out here with us due to the short term of being here (though dammit that would have been fun!!), so I had to drive it back to my parents house up in Minnesota and will likely be leaving it there for the next couple of years while we travel the country. As much as I would love to take it everywhere we go, we already have 2 cars and 2 dogs we are going to have to schlep all around the way it is, so that was my only real option.

Here she was all loaded up ready for the 1,800 mile journey

My copilot on our way to pick up mom!!

This was my life for 2 and a half days and 1,800 miles...

When we finally made it!

Cant complain about our view in Hawaii from the apartment!

Even here in Hawaii the G-Body stands as a testament to mans accomplishments

If more things happen I will be sure to update everyone on it and hopefully I can get back to my parents house more often to work on it. Until then, thank you everyone for the kind words and interest in my car, its really cool to find out how much everyone else likes it!!
                          Last edited by Azrial89; 10-21-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eatthen1ght View Post
                            Please post burnouts in this I think these were the best thing to come out of america in 80s.
                            I actually do not have any burnout videos, I didnt even realize it till you said something!! I will have to get one when i head back home!

Originally posted by AllGo'N'Show View Post

Looks great keep it up!
                            I do have some more pictures, I will post them after this post. Thank you sir!

Originally posted by dubs&boost View Post
                            I love this car! What kind of numbers does that motor put down? Any engine bay pics?
                            Thank you sir!! On the conservative junk tune it has in it at 15 psi (stock is 18). Cant wait for E-85 and new tuning goodies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AllGo'N'Show View Post

Looks great keep it up!
                              Originally posted by dubs&boost View Post
                              some more pictures and engine bay pictures.

Since this photo, the sticker has been removed.

Taken after the DP install

Cars In The Park Show Prep

Comment

I've always loved Grand Nationals. It's a shame you don't see them more often. I really like the wheels. They fit the car very well. Engine bay looks very clean as well. Great job so far man.
                                VIR

Comment

Working...
                                X