my 04 elantra gt hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 04 elantra gt hatch

hey guys im new to the whole stance scene and since there is not alot to be done with an elantra engine wise i have started to get some suspension work done. so far i have installed a set of ground control sleeves i have them bottomed out right now..still not low enough for me but they will work for awhile... my question is and yes keep in mind im a nooooooob at the stance scene
    but what would be the easiest way to get some negative camber that will really set off my black on black setup

oh and if anyone has some good ideas or comments let me know. i havent seen any of the elantras around my area slammed so i thought...hmmm why not

Comment

Obvious ly none are mine, but some inspiration nonetheless...

progress IS a slow process

Comment

unconventional lowering next

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I used cosmo spectra sleeves on KYB excel G struts(stiffer than the XD2 GT shocks) and it rode great. I could lay it on the bump stops, which was stupid low on the stock 15"s.

For negative camber you could use camber bolts, camber plates, or get some adjustable control arms made.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
            I used cosmo spectra sleeves on KYB excel G struts(stiffer than the XD2 GT shocks) and it rode great. I could lay it on the bump stops, which was stupid low on the stock 15"s.

For negative camber you could use camber bolts, camber plates, or get some adjustable control arms made.
            So do you think I should trim my bump stops or not my ride is awfully harsh lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by austinandtina View Post
              So do you think I should trim my bump stops or not my ride is awfully harsh lol
              If you had stiffer shocks I would cut the bump stops down. How's the ride? Mine you could feel every bump in the road, and steel plates in the road were terrible. It was great though, I loved the way that it handled. No bouncing, just lots of road feel.

What you can do is upgrade to a tiburon 18 or 19.2mm sway bar, and that might help a bit.

When you get wider wheels and get lower, you'll need to roll the front and rears, and remove the bolts that hold the bumper.

I was running 17x7 +42 with a 215/45 tucking the top of the tire front and rear, and I still had occasional rubbing problems with -3 degrees camber rear and -2 up front.

If you don't want to go that low on larger wheels or you are keeping a similar size to stock, you shouldn't have a problem, it's usually when you start running larger than stock wheel/tire combo that causes issues.

I was building my car for canyon runs and the occasional track day though while being a DD though.

Get some pics up. Are you a member on elantraxd?
              Last edited by rice4life; 05-20-2014, 04:16 AM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

If you had stiffer shocks I would cut the bump stops down. How's the ride? Mine you could feel every bump in the road, and steel plates in the road were terrible. It was great though, I loved the way that it handled. No bouncing, just lots of road feel.

What you can do is upgrade to a tiburon 18 or 19.2mm sway bar, and that might help a bit.

When you get wider wheels and get lower, you'll need to roll the front and rears, and remove the bolts that hold the bumper.

I was running 17x7 +42 with a 215/45 tucking the top of the tire front and rear, and I still had occasional rubbing problems with -3 degrees camber rear and -2 up front.

If you don't want to go that low on larger wheels or you are keeping a similar size to stock, you shouldn't have a problem, it's usually when you start running larger than stock wheel/tire combo that causes issues.

I was building my car for canyon runs and the occasional track day though while being a DD though.

Get some pics up. Are you a member on elantraxd?
                Il get some pics on this weekend and yeah I do feel every bump on the road but it really holds the corners.

Comment

This is before the drop

Comment

Is that on the coilover sleeves? That rides really high!

You should also get that muffler remounted.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Is that on the coilover sleeves? That rides really high!

You should also get that muffler remounted.
                      Ya its before coilovers and my apex pipe has been brought out the back at a little angle towards the passengers side but il post some pics up within the next couple days I gotta get it cleaned up it gets kinda messy as my dd

Comment

It's all good man. Mine was had DD duty too. Suprisingly the lower it was, the more fun it was to have as a DD.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

It's all good man. Mine was had DD duty too. Suprisingly the lower it was, the more fun it was to have as a DD.
                          I am almost considering flipping my rear sleeves so I can drop it another inch or two because the rear top mounting plate had to be doubled up with my coilover perch so that added some height

Comment

Where did you get those fender flares they look sick and I also have a front lip I'm going to throw on just gotta get some two sided tape and zip tie it back on.

Comment

Get some pics up so I can see what you mean. Kind of hard to picture it

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                              X