Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 04 elantra gt hatch

Default my 04 elantra gt hatch

hey guys im new to the whole stance scene and since there is not alot to be done with an elantra engine wise i have started to get some suspension work done. so far i have installed a set of ground control sleeves i have them bottomed out right now..still not low enough for me but they will work for awhile... my question is and yes keep in mind im a nooooooob at the stance scene
    but what would be the easiest way to get some negative camber that will really set off my black on black setup

oh and if anyone has some good ideas or comments let me know. i havent seen any of the elantras around my area slammed so i thought...hmmm why not

Obvious ly none are mine, but some inspiration nonetheless...

progress IS a slow process

I used cosmo spectra sleeves on KYB excel G struts(stiffer than the XD2 GT shocks) and it rode great. I could lay it on the bump stops, which was stupid low on the stock 15"s.

For negative camber you could use camber bolts, camber plates, or get some adjustable control arms made.

Quote Originally Posted by rice4life View Post
    I used cosmo spectra sleeves on KYB excel G struts(stiffer than the XD2 GT shocks) and it rode great. I could lay it on the bump stops, which was stupid low on the stock 15"s.

For negative camber you could use camber bolts, camber plates, or get some adjustable control arms made.
    So do you think I should trim my bump stops or not my ride is awfully harsh lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by austinandtina View Post
    So do you think I should trim my bump stops or not my ride is awfully harsh lol
    If you had stiffer shocks I would cut the bump stops down. How's the ride? Mine you could feel every bump in the road, and steel plates in the road were terrible. It was great though, I loved the way that it handled. No bouncing, just lots of road feel.

What you can do is upgrade to a tiburon 18 or 19.2mm sway bar, and that might help a bit.

When you get wider wheels and get lower, you'll need to roll the front and rears, and remove the bolts that hold the bumper.

I was running 17x7 +42 with a 215/45 tucking the top of the tire front and rear, and I still had occasional rubbing problems with -3 degrees camber rear and -2 up front.

If you don't want to go that low on larger wheels or you are keeping a similar size to stock, you shouldn't have a problem, it's usually when you start running larger than stock wheel/tire combo that causes issues.

I was building my car for canyon runs and the occasional track day though while being a DD though.

Get some pics up. Are you a member on elantraxd?
    Last edited by rice4life; 05-20-2014 at 04:16 AM.

If you had stiffer shocks I would cut the bump stops down. How's the ride? Mine you could feel every bump in the road, and steel plates in the road were terrible. It was great though, I loved the way that it handled. No bouncing, just lots of road feel.

What you can do is upgrade to a tiburon 18 or 19.2mm sway bar, and that might help a bit.

When you get wider wheels and get lower, you'll need to roll the front and rears, and remove the bolts that hold the bumper.

I was running 17x7 +42 with a 215/45 tucking the top of the tire front and rear, and I still had occasional rubbing problems with -3 degrees camber rear and -2 up front.

If you don't want to go that low on larger wheels or you are keeping a similar size to stock, you shouldn't have a problem, it's usually when you start running larger than stock wheel/tire combo that causes issues.

I was building my car for canyon runs and the occasional track day though while being a DD though.

Get some pics up. Are you a member on elantraxd?
    Il get some pics on this weekend and yeah I do feel every bump on the road but it really holds the corners.

This is before the drop

Is that on the coilover sleeves? That rides really high!

You should also get that muffler remounted.

Is that on the coilover sleeves? That rides really high!

You should also get that muffler remounted.
    Ya its before coilovers and my apex pipe has been brought out the back at a little angle towards the passengers side but il post some pics up within the next couple days I gotta get it cleaned up it gets kinda messy as my dd

It's all good man. Mine was had DD duty too. Suprisingly the lower it was, the more fun it was to have as a DD.

It's all good man. Mine was had DD duty too. Suprisingly the lower it was, the more fun it was to have as a DD.
    I am almost considering flipping my rear sleeves so I can drop it another inch or two because the rear top mounting plate had to be doubled up with my coilover perch so that added some height

Where did you get those fender flares they look sick and I also have a front lip I'm going to throw on just gotta get some two sided tape and zip tie it back on.

Get some pics up so I can see what you mean. Kind of hard to picture it

Tomorrow just washed her on the way home from work tonight

Is that cranked all the way down?

Check if there is anything binding. It may also be that the spring is too tall.

Is that cranked all the way down?

Check if there is anything binding. It may also be that the spring is too tall.
    Ya that is all the way down and nothing is binding the springs didnt look tall at all but they are so stiff they don't give much

I think your springs may be too long

I ran some cosmo coil sleeves, and they got looooow.

Here's my turd when it was lowered on cosmos. These weren't cranked down all the way, I had about an inch of thread left. Tucking the top of the tire front and rear on oem 15's.

I think your springs may be too long

I ran some cosmo coil sleeves, and they got looooow.

Here's my turd when it was lowered on cosmos. These weren't cranked down all the way, I had about an inch of thread left. Tucking the top of the tire front and rear on oem 15's.
    I am wondering if I might have my sleeves on upside down lol because I have about 2 to 4 inches with no threads on bottom and if I flipped them I could drop that much more

havnt had much time to do much with the elantra but i plan on trying a few things with the rear so it doesnt have that rake to it

i did however figure out the rear end.. my rear top hats are huge and not letting me get my full drop. i have to figure out how to trim my stock perch to fit inside of my spring rather than my stock perch stacked on top of the my other perch. i completely forgot i did that!!!! maybe angle grinder idk yet..

also does anyone have any good ideas on rims and rim sizes id like to stay with 15 x 8 but not sure on backspacing and ect

i was kind of thinking something like this for rims....http://www.ebay.com/itm/15X8-JNC-011...814007&vxp=mtr