Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 318i E30 1991 - Barcelona

Hello,
    I'm Stepan, 21 y/o from Barcelona, Spain. I recently bought a BMW E30 Cabrio and been working on it alongside my dad. He's also got an E90, but this is just a whole lot better car. :P Just kidding, both are great.

We've been working on it for a little bit over a month now, and I've made a thread about it on a spanish E30 club website/forums, so I'll just copy my thread here, translated and keep updating both of them with the stuff me and my dad do to the car in order to get it to be what we want it to be; a clean looking yet customized classic.

So without further ado, I'll just go ahead and jump onto the pictures and brief explanation on what's going on. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy.

Didn't come with a lip, apparently the previous owner lost it.

Got a lip from an Astra. Cut and mounted. This one is flexible, pretty much rubber.

Yellow vinyl.

Emptying and cleaning.

Here applying liquid leather on the seats, specially cracks and to give a rather smooth look and feel.

Dyeing the steering wheel.

Back sets after liquid leather and tint. Mounted.

A lot of liquid leather layers, some leather dye and fixed some stitching.

///M Details. Car is M-Tech I.

Painting the lower parts. Liking it.

At a classics meeting, Province of Barcelona, 27th of April.

Darkened blinkers.

Dyeing the black plastic/rubber bands.

Last edited by Kozak; 05-19-2014, 04:20 PM.

New windshield with the sun stripe. It's original and new, it's never been on an E30 before.

Chrome gauge rings.

New shoes. (8+9x16 215/45x4)

Comment

Last edited by Kozak; 06-13-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Beautiful E30
        Great work on it man

Comment

Thanks! It still has some work to do on the interior and coilovers.

Comment

Great work so far, love the color!

Comment

sweetness

Comment

Much appreciated, really!

Comment

Nice. A lot of attention to detail. I may be late, but never knew about "Liquid Leather". Is it difficult to use?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

We didn't really know how to use it either until we tried it. Sadly we had to try it directly on the car itself and the result wasn't bad at all, but not as good as it could've been. Just don't apply too much, but only the necessary to fill the cracks and scuffs on the leather.

It's like an elastic tooth paste, you apply it with a knife or something thin, plain, and smooth. But before you have to make sure the surface is very clean and slightly sanded with the lowest grade sandpaper you can find. After applied and dry (1-2h) you sand the area again to remove the leftovers of the liquid leather and smoothen it.

That's about it really. The result is pretty good, but I think it's mostly for really big cracks and stuff. We used it for even the smallest things and perhaps even made it look slightly worse or bulky. Lotta patience is required, lotta layers.

Comment

Working...
                    X