Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My E46 Coupe

Default My E46 Coupe

Alright, so I'm pretty new to Stance Works, but I've been reading build threads the past few days and I've decided to post one of my own. Let me start out by saying my name is Tommy, I am still in high school, so my budget is very small. I also work for my own money, just because I'm young doesn't mean my parents buy me everything, they don't pay for my hobby. Anyway, I have a 2004 325Ci. Also I apologize for the crappy iPhone pictures.

Here she is they day I brought her home.

So at first, I didn't really have much of a plan. It stayed like this for a few months, then it started with just wanting to get rid of the chrome grills with some Plasti Dip, I also de-badged the trunk.

(With dads E92)

After this, I decided the chrome window trim looked out of place, so I plasti dipped that too .

(I lost a lot of pictures due to drowning my phone)

The trend followed to the wheels, really just because I didn't have money and wanted black wheels.

One side done!

Finished.

I picked up a #rememberthebuster sticker when Paul Walker died, and tinted the tail lights. Also picked up a Canon 50D, so picture quality may improve

Macon, Georgia rarely gets snow, and of course I go to help a friend out one night, and the next morning came out to this.

Anyway. So everything up until this point has been cheap, easy and aesthetic. The entire time, I've been doing odd jobs and saving as much of the money as I could. I got on craigslist and found a roof rack with the bike holder for $250, and talked him down to $180.

(excuse how dirty the car is)

I was getting tired of the car being quiet... so I put almost all of what I had saved, into UUC TSE3 exhaust. It sounds great, but was a little pricey. Just under $1000... and i had to have the old muffler cut off by a buddy.

Here's a shitty video of the sound
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJo5myOOtpU

First meet I've ever been to with my car happened in March of this year, it was the first annual Macon Madness meet. It wasn't huge, but I was glad to be part of it. Here's a few pics.

That Rocket Bunny FRS

Here's one from a meet last week.

This week I picked up some Kosei K1's for $200 17x8.5... they just need to be re-painted

Stripping the old shitty paint.

That's everything up till right now. I started sanding the wheels and hopefully will be painting soon

Small update, nothing big. I haven't had a lot of time this week, but I sanded the wheels down, hopefully gonna get some paint on them soon. 3 of them still need to have the paint in the barrels stripped. Just ran out of paint stripper

And here's my filthy car

Last edited by DeMaroE46; 04-28-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Those K1s are gonna look good on this

@finalbossjosh

Take the rack off, and please don't paint the k1's black
    IG: Dimitriantoniou
    1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
    1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Welcome and nice car !

Quote Originally Posted by joshg51 View Post
    Those K1s are gonna look good on this
    I hope so! Just have to finish sanding and then get them painted.

Quote Originally Posted by meech View Post
    Take the rack off, and please don't paint the k1's black
    I was thinking either an OEM silver or a charcoal gray. Then i could always Plasti Dip if i want black.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasen88 View Post
    Welcome and nice car !
    Thank you!

Small update, I picked up a set of 20mm spacers for $70 to eliminate some of my ridiculous wheel tuck.

Here's how it looks now. Rear:

Front:

Sunday I did autocross for the first time Seriously one of the most fun things I've done! Sorry for the few, low quality, iPhone pictures... my girlfriend was in charge of pictures
    She did alright for using an iphone, and being kinda far off.

At the end of the day, I placed third in Novice.

One more crappy iPhone pic

Hopefully gonna be getting some paint and tires on my K1's. Be patient with me, I am in high school, so money is an issue

Always good to see another e46, I would just stay away from painting the koseis black. Primarily because you painted everything else on the car black already. Everyone goes through their highschool phase, everyones been there so I dont blame you but you are definitely going in the right direction with this

Quote Originally Posted by hey will View Post
    Always good to see another e46, I would just stay away from painting the koseis black. Primarily because you painted everything else on the car black already. Everyone goes through their highschool phase, everyones been there so I dont blame you but you are definitely going in the right direction with this
    Thanks man! I was debating between a gunmetal or OEM silver. Then I could always plasti dip again

Not much of an update, just decided to play around with my camera a bit over the weekend. I'm missing plasti dip on one wheels due to a piece of tire on the highway.

I really like the facelift E46 Coupes...im not a fan of the tinted tails but Im excited to see the koseis on...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    I really like the facelift E46 Coupes...im not a fan of the tinted tails but Im excited to see the koseis on...
    Tails aren't for everyone haha, but yeah I'm excited for the Kosei's too. A buddy is tryin to get me a deal on powder coating, so we'll see where it goes.

Duude, this thing is awesome, im also in high school and planning to buy the exact same car! so this is pretty much motivating me

Quote Originally Posted by SliPsY View Post
    Duude, this thing is awesome, im also in high school and planning to buy the exact same car! so this is pretty much motivating me
    Good! It's an awesome car man. I'm glad somebody is interested!

Due to finals coming up, I haven't been able to do much. I did buy a set of steel wheels for $90 with tires, really just to destroy, because I don't have tires on the Kosei's yet. They're steel wheels, but I'll still post pictures. They're staggered 15x6.5 and 15x7 These were the dirtiest wheels I have ever seen, I had to wash them 4 times until the water coming off was not black anymore.

I will be buying paint for the Kosei's in the next week or so. I'm rattle canning them, so I want to buy decent stuff. I'm thinking either gunmetal, silver, or gold. This is just a heads up, suspension will be a slow process. I'm buying my own coilovers, so it will take some time before I can order them. Any suggestions for someone on a budget? I want to buy something decent.
    Last edited by DeMaroE46; 05-16-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Looks good man, good progress. I saw this thread before but missed that you were from Macon. I'm from Warner Robins so some of the pictures/locations looked familiar, I'll be watching this
    2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Quote Originally Posted by fifty3bags View Post
    Looks good man, good progress. I saw this thread before but missed that you were from Macon. I'm from Warner Robins so some of the pictures/locations looked familiar, I'll be watching this
    Thanks man! I actually live in Byron now. So I'm a bit closer to WR. I haven't seen you around, but I just read your build thread this morning!

Looks good so far, but let me give you a small piece of advice: stop horsing around with the things you don't need (spacers for the stock wheels, steel wheels with tires, etc.) and focus on what you need to do. The little stuff adds up ($70 + 90 = $160 you could have put towards paint/powdercoat for your Kosei's, or tires), and hinders you from your real goal of coilovers and nice wheels.

I get it, we've all gone through the "let's paint stock stuff because hardXcore budget car", so I can't rip on you too badly. Keep your focus, do your thing, and remember: it's better to be seen in a stock car, than it is to be seen in a car that's trying to pretend that it's something else.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Quote Originally Posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    Looks good so far, but let me give you a small piece of advice: stop horsing around with the things you don't need (spacers for the stock wheels, steel wheels with tires, etc.) and focus on what you need to do. The little stuff adds up ($70 + 90 = $160 you could have put towards paint/powdercoat for your Kosei's, or tires), and hinders you from your real goal of coilovers and nice wheels.

I get it, we've all gone through the "let's paint stock stuff because hardXcore budget car", so I can't rip on you too badly. Keep your focus, do your thing, and remember: it's better to be seen in a stock car, than it is to be seen in a car that's trying to pretend that it's something else.
    Yeah, but I need 20mm spacers on the rear with Kosei's, so that wasn't entirely for the stock wheels, I paid less for all 4 than I would for 2 brand new ones. And I admit the steel wheels were probably a waste of money, but I'm gonna sell them eventually. Thanks for the advice though!

Quote Originally Posted by DeMaroE46 View Post
    Thanks man! I actually live in Byron now. So I'm a bit closer to WR. I haven't seen you around, but I just read your build thread this morning!
    I don't live in WR anymore, but my brother lives in Bonaire. His most noticeable car is a yellow z06 with flares and black CCWs
    2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Quote Originally Posted by fifty3bags View Post
    I don't live in WR anymore, but my brother lives in Bonaire. His most noticeable car is a yellow z06 with flares and black CCWs
    That would explain why I haven't seen you. I'll keep an eye out for your brothers car, although Bonaire is still not super close haha

all i got from this was plastidip black wheels and super hardcore hella tight angle shots.

please take normal photos and don't follow any trends, do something original and you will really turn heads, instead of making people turn their heads to look at your photos.

in b4 ******. i do like that its a coupe though, it COULD be really clean if done right.

Instagram: @half_lung

Quote Originally Posted by scweet14 View Post
    all i got from this was plastidip black wheels and super hardcore hella tight angle shots.

please take normal photos and don't follow any trends, do something original and you will really turn heads, instead of making people turn their heads to look at your photos.

in b4 ******. i do like that its a coupe though, it COULD be really clean if done right.
    I am in high school. Plasti dip black wheels is a temporary thing. I have another set of wheels, but no tires yet, and I don't see an issue with my pictures?

Went to a meet this morning, met a couple other BMW guys. The M3 was supercharged, and the E36 had an S52 motor in it.

The Rocket Bunny FRS

I love Dylans S13

I changed to Flickr because the quality seems to be better, and there may be some new parts soon

IMG_0241 by demaroiv, on Flickr