No announcement yet.

Lolvo 940, not your Swedish regular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got something for update, sadly not wheels, those are not finished yet.

Installed that seat from VW. I love how it feels when driving, much more stiff and I'm not floating around the interior like a little POS. True - leather is in pretty bad condition, but it will do for this moment. Will take it to proper sewer someday in future, but now I have other shit to do!
    Also received my Grip Royal steering wheel. I love how it looks and feels. Money was worth spending it!

Sooooo I visited my good friend in rainy Saturday and started working with my old and new seat. Also got some more stiff springs and shocks that I had to install.

Plaza sport shock next to my original one :

So we found one old seat in one near scrap yard from the same volvo that I got Sport shocks from. Interior was full with rats nests but whatever, got it all for cheap so had to take them.
    The closest one is from scrap yard, left one is my stock, right one VW sport seat.

Thanks a lot to my good friend who made mountings and installed them in my Volvo. As I said, completely different feeling when driving. Loving it !

Here's how it looks at the moment. A bit crappy and too much colours probably, but works for me :

And a little close up of this beauty :

Yes, I believe everyone's waiting for more pics with fresh wheels n shit
    I understand you guise, I'm counting days and hours to moment that I'll be able to roll my fenders and put them on.
    The guy who's polishing them sent me a picture of one wheel finished. Looks pimp!

Hopefully will mount them this Sunday, so updating this thread someday next week.
    Cheers !

Comment

I like!

Comment

Shiny!!!

Comment

subscribed!

Comment

Wheels are wrapped in 195/50 Michelins and mounted on adapters and on car. Will do a proper update as soon as my friend will send me pictures.
            I'm satisfied with result. Needs a bit more low, though I already scrape here and there.

Feels good to be lowered again

Comment

love those wheels!

Comment

Thanks !

Decided that I can't be such a bitch and need to take couple of pictures myself. This will give you a small preview of how it sits at the moment.

Turn signal lost somewhere on highway. Gotta order a new one ha
                As I said, proper pictures, story and specs coming soon!

Comment

Yess please!

Comment

Sweet, post pics asap!

Comment

Hot. Damn.
                      My Build:

Comment

Oooooookay, got teh pictures. Need to write down how it all went.

Gotta say thanks to my good friend again for helping me all the way through this. Got the adapters back nice and shiny, there were minor bugs when fitting them. Drilled a bit larger mounting holes because adapter was so precise, that it actually didn't went on my old studs.

Anyway, everything was fixed and they fitted well. All of them are 30mm wide, as said previously, from Volvo 5x108 to BMW 5x120 with E36 center diameter. Afterwards I can mount centering rings for E39 wheels.

Got wheels back polished. Looked just as I imagined and couldn't wait putting them on.
                        Before I wanted more narrow tyres like 175/60 or 185/55 and then I realised that it'll be pretty hard finding those used, remembering, that I don't have money for new tyres.
                        Then thought "fcuk it, good old 195/50 it is". Found 4 michelins for cheapo and blew them right on. Looked cool!

We are pretty safe right here aswell !

Did a test fit, started to torture fenders. Did some good pulling and rolling with anything we could find - couple of decks, phonebook, hammer and so on. Warmed fenders up aswell so we managed not to fcuk up fenders. That's cool !

Cut springs all day long. Now it's pretty much on bumpstops. Need coilovers. Very need. So bumpy. Not much shock travel. Sad.

Then we cut some more and called it a day. Drove to a carwash.

Then a good friend of mine said he wants to take some pics. The moment when I left the shooting for a professional. This faggit :

Me faggit rite here:

Drove to a nice place.

And started taking pics :

That's about it. Maybe some more coming soon.
                        I have some more nasty plans on it, will update as soon as something turns around.

pissssssss

Comment

Sweet! Looking good on a budget!

Comment

very nice

It was nice to shoot your volvo
                            My photo leak @ flickr.
                            My facebook page lac.foto

Comment

looks awesome !!

Comment

Love it, it's bonkers!