X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lolvo 940, not your Swedish regular

ssup,
    Sold my yellow turd Rekord pretty while ago

Thought that I will earn some more money and buy some serious daily and get back to BMW, ha, bullschitt. Bought a TUUUUURBOOO volvo.
    Plain stock, grandpa was driving it for years, though I'm 3rd (or 4th, hard to remember) owner of this car. Looked like this :

First thing's first - had some uberrare Atiwe keyholes that I bought like month before the car, so test fitted those.
    PCD is 5x120 for BMW's, so that's a bombshell - Volvo PCD is 5x108.
    Nevermind, gave it a quick look of how hard I'll have to fcuk up my wheel arches and so on. Cut some springs and put back on oem steelies.

Atiwe Keyhole 16x9 et badass 14.

Didn't buy them in condition like this. This is how they look at the moment, in the middle of restoration. Colored all the holes and center black, everything else will be mirror polished soon.

Then came first problem in months, heather core was a bitch and started to smoke 24/7. Had to replace that.

Who gives a shit about technical issues, more pics right?

Found this kinda rare heckblende for about 20 bucks. That's a score, though when fitted not sure do I want it ..

Fitted it on, Saab 9000 rear wing aswell (though not sure about that either, wan't to get something more agressive. Rocket bunny? Not sure. Suggestions?)

Added a TUUURBOOO gauge and boost controller for a tiny extra boost. For this low pressure turbo feels better. Still screams for larger turbo, coming soon.

Mad burnout. Cutting myself 24/7 because I can't wait summer wheels and tyres. Winter setup sucks ass.

Hid the gauge in glove box, because I **** the way it looks in clean interior.

And yes, ordered one sexy grip royal wheel, so that should be here after about a week!

Oh, yes, made 3" straight pipe all the way. Sounds like a fucken tractor, but who gives a schit.

Have always wanted to do two-tone car, so this one should be it. Though have to find some mint bumpers before, because mines are crushed.
    Couple of fast photardshops of how it should look in couple of weeks if everything goes smooth :

Long story short - my aim is to slam it on 16s (even thought about 15s, but will see), because I'm kinda tired of seeing 940s done on 18s or steelies n shit.

Will update this as soon as I get adapters done, wheels back from polishing and fenders rolled!
    c ya
    Last edited by Fetka; 06-16-2015, 08:04 AM.

love the recess backing plate and the 9000 lip

Comment

That last pic is so dope, love it!

Comment

i like this
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

cool. coolcoolcool.
          My Build:

Comment

Thanks !

Probably will make coilovers someday in summer, at the moment not thinking about that. Just being bumpy ..
            While waiting for wheels and adapters, doing silly shit on PS. Have opportunity to get RB knock off for a bit more than 100 bucks. Should try it on soon, but not sure do I want it.

This is the vision I have and would love to see it like this, though I think RB will be a tad taller and more square than in my photoshop.
            Other thing is heckblende, es I said, not sure do I like it with all red tails, so maybe should color it black. Again, not sure.

Advices ?
            Last edited by Fetka; 04-23-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

The wheels really suit the car. Will be watching this closely as I'm picking up a 300k mile 740 wagon in a few weeks. Jealous of your turbocharger and manual transmission!
              Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

do you leave the glovebox open when you're driving? car looks good, heckblende is always a nice part to have

Comment

Thanks. Leaving it on when driving it hard, which is pretty often. Doesn't disturb me, not watching it 24/7.

Comment

Sad to see the rekord gone...

But looking forward to this.

Do a T5 or 2,3l penta swap and put a scania turbine on it!

Comment

MFW I saw those wheels

Comment

don't paint your heckblende i have one on my gold 940 in my thread and having it on my car convinced my buddy to get one as well. it really adds some flavour to the rear end of the car. i've also got 960 tails on my car.

Comment

I like what I see so far, subbed!

Comment

Got this just from cleaner. Overally cost me 40$ (yes, seat is included, lol).
                            Comes from some kind of VW, not sure which one though.

Now I have to figure out how to mount it in my 940.
                            Meanwhile got material for adapters and those should be ready someday next week.
                            Wheels still waiting in row for polishing.

Comment

Very cool

Can't wait to see it on ze wheels
                              Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Working...
                              X