Brunhilde the e28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunhilde the e28

So I've been workin on this car for a little bit, and figured I'd start a build thread since things are starting to come together.

A little back story on the car: a friend of mine got this car when he was 16, his first car. He thought he was going to keep it forever. And he kept it for a pretty long time, but times got tough and he needed to get rid of it (15 years of owning it). He didnt want it to go to some kid learning to drive, he wanted to sell it to someone he knew was going to take care of it. Too bad he sold it to me! But anyway, enough of the talking. Ill get to what everyone wants to see. The pictures.

So here is the day I brought it home

then i decided to take a drive to the mountains with it.

took a couple photos of it.

needed a little bit of low, so i did what any responsible car owner would do: cut the springs.

met up with another e28 buddy

a few days later, i was not able to start the car. pulled the starter which was a pain in the ass.

tucked the front bumper

tinted the headlights

couldnt stand the yellow low beams at night. (with my MKV jetta in the background)

got some pictures taken

threw this in

then some fun stuff started happening. I picked up a set of e34 bumpers from a local junk yard in great condition. so i got to chopping and got this. but wasnt happy with the gap between the bumper and grilles.

a week later i got to workin again. resulted with this. im really happy with how it turned out.

Still a lot more to come. including these:

Bimmerfest in Pasadena is in May, so I will post some updates when that rolls around.
    Last edited by theitchybeard; 04-15-2014, 05:23 PM.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

that bumper looks fantastic! props
    Viva La Resistance

Comment

I like the bumber idea. I like the result even more.

Comment

Originally posted by double_oh_9 View Post
        that bumper looks fantastic! props
        Thanks man!

Originally posted by Myles Weaver View Post
        Thanks! It took a lot of trial and error, but im going to try the rear bumper soon.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

Originally posted by Myles Weaver View Post
          I agree with Myles, that E34 bumper is looking great. Any tips on how you mounted it up? I was thinking of doing this to my E28 and yours is really inspiring

Comment

Originally posted by ogynnam View Post
            I agree with Myles, that E34 bumper is looking great. Any tips on how you mounted it up? I was thinking of doing this to my E28 and yours is really inspiring
            after all was said and done, it was relatively simple mounting. it just took me a ton of trial and error.

anyway, i didnt take pictures while i was mounting, but i can describe it.
            first i took the e28 bumper and valence off.
            so then i took the aluminum reinforcement out of the e34 bumper.
            i ended up putting the e28 valence on top of the e34 bumper and traced a rough outline of how the body sits. then cut along that line and put it up to the car.
            i ended up cutting quite a bit out of the inside line of the e34 bumper to get it to sit flush. the problem was that the sides of the bumper didnt reach the fender well.
            so we kept cutting the inside of the fender until finally it lined up.
            Where all those holes are that hold the original rubber cover for the e28 bumper, we drilled in some of this

so the angle iron is inside the e34 bumper, screwed into the already existing holes in the car. then for good measure i hid a couple screws through the top of the e34 bumper into the angle iron. theyre under the kidney grille.
            then there are holes on the sides were the valence screws in, i used those holes to mount the sides of the bumper.
            after all is said and done i had to do a little grinding to the tow hooks to get the e34 trim to fit.

it was a long process, full of trial and error, and a lot of frustration at some points.
            i hope this kind of helps with your question. i know its hard to explain without pictures, but i wasn't takin many pictures when i was working on it.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

wouldnt mind if i steel that idea for the E34 Bumper it really cleans up the front end of these !!

Comment

MORE E28s, YES. The body looks mint, jealous of your car for sure.

Comment

Good job!, keep up the good work.
                  _____________________________MY BUILD THREAD_____________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Comment

that bumper looks amazing on it , never thought it was posible! i like it

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherJason View Post
                      wouldnt mind if i steel that idea for the E34 Bumper it really cleans up the front end of these !!
                      go for it! its a cheap alternative to the euro bumpers for sure!

Originally posted by jbginger View Post
                      MORE E28s, YES. The body looks mint, jealous of your car for sure.
                      thanks man! the body is mint, my buddy took care of it before i bought it.

Originally posted by lordicon232 View Post
                      Good job!, keep up the good work.
                      thanks! more updates coming soon!

Originally posted by quique6 View Post
                      that bumper looks amazing on it , never thought it was posible! i like it
                      thanks! it was a pain, but it all got done! the rear is coming together too. should have pictures up sometime this week.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

e34 rear bumper has a left side exhaust. so i cut out the middle of the bumper for the e28 exhaust. now im filling in the original hole. should be done in a few days.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

Awesome name.

Comment

I'm liking the e34 front bumper! Just wondering what the profile of the car looks like now.
                            ||| mkv GTI - RIP || 69' w114 || 97' e36 328i |||

Comment

front bumper looks great
                              IG: Dimitriantoniou
                              1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                              1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Working...
                              X