Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legends Never Die

You can't keep me down.

There's something to be said about this community... When I made the previous post about Rusty, I never expected to hear the responses I did... and I certainly didn't expect it to go viral... but it goes to show that a car can be more than a car.

I started by saying I didn't want to be "that guy", but here I am... and I couldn't be more pleased.

"Redefining" Rusty once again hit me like a ton of bricks... ideas starting flying through my head, and I knew I wanted to pull off more than just "a new paint job".

Six weeks ago I pulled Rusty's M30 and gave it to my buddy Webb, knowing Rusty's heart would go to another car that would push the limits of what we expect....

I dont know where the idea came from (coughjerrycough) but once upon a time, Rusty and I hung out in California, and the thought of tossing a Toyota 1JZ-GTE (that's a twin-turbo straight six for those who don't know_ motor in it was bounced around but quickly dismissed... Oh how funny the past can be.

Jerry, aka Handsome.Garage here on the forums is the one who really made this happen. I called him up and said "hey, remember when we said "lets put a 1JZ in Rusty?"... I'm sure that sums up the next few weeks. (I'll make a build thread, I documented it all, worry not!)

Jerry flew out here to TN and not only built a wiring harness that mated E28 to 1JZ, but this thing started up the first try, immediately.

So I know what you're asking... what about the damage? To keep things simple, let's just say there's some serious bracing between the frame rails now. Some floor pan welding has gone down too.

In short, without Jerry, this wouldn't have happened. He helped make this go from concept to driving out of state in 6 weeks....

But if a twin-turbo supra motor isn't enough to bring rusty back to life, Andrew at Open Road Tuning as well as Eddie at BagYard brought their A-Game to the table. I wanted to get lower and after talking to Andrew, he was beyond excited to get involved with StanceWorks and my rebuild of Rusty.

They put together a custom setup for the e28... and all I can say is "wow". We've gotta make a few tweaks to get the frame on the ground, but from nothing to a working one-off set of e28 bags is insane if you ask me.

I'm stoked to get to work on getting the body sub-terrainian.

I wanted new wheels, and Brian at Rotiform had these insane ACS Type 1s... Brian, thanks for the deal and making them happen so quickly.

I guess a build thread is what comes next... but I figured it was time to unveil... time to let the world know that Rusty is back, and this time, we're not joking around.

Thanks to everone for the support you gave me throughout this car's life, and Im stoked to have it back on the road once again...
    Last edited by M.Burroughs; 04-10-2010, 09:25 PM.

fucking dirty! mad props man! now that will get you old lady ass! lol

Comment

HOMFG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pure awesome dude, was hoping to see this old girl again, but this new version is just fucking win. love it

Comment

Holy shit. This is insane. Good to see it back and setting the bar yet again

Comment

I thought rusty was beyond repair...
          But im not surprised

I want details on the 1j! I plan on doing this swap to my project e36 but that's easy peasy in comparison to this. Its funny how long in takes you to swap a bmw motor in to another bmw but then swapping 1j only takes a weekend

Comment

!!!!!!!!!

A bit of bosozoku flavor right there.

Last edited by jasonklee; 04-10-2010, 09:40 PM.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
            Originally posted by Oxer
            You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
            Originally posted by Average_Jerk
            Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Comment

Great to see it back Mike!

I ees een jur cambers, nomnomin on jur tairs

Comment

Love it game overrrr

Comment

Hey! Just woke up and saw this! <3.

Originally posted by Moose
                    And roof racks with random shit on it, stop that.

Comment

They need to make a goddamn movie about the story of you and your car... They should make it a love story, too. haha

Comment

holy shit amazing
                        Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                        I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

bags and turbo. its perfect. i love thisss

Comment

wow... killin' it!

Comment

Nice to see em back! Congrats.....Its SICK

Comment

Working...
                              X