Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's goin' on!

what's up guys,
    i'm nick from oklahoma. i'm twenty years old, and i've been into cars since i was about 15.

i started out with a rusted up, falling apart, knocking d15b2, '88 honda civic sedan. i learned everything about that car i could, and with a TON of help from my dad, made HUGE progress. we swapped in a five speed trans, a d15b2 with a ported and polished head, '91 front end, complete interior swap, and i learned how to paint a car with rattle cans lol

currently i have a '99 toyota camry. i'm trying to get into getting my car to the point where i can wear a "stance" badge with pride, and keeping anyone from saying i'm not ready for it yet. haha.

i have a v6, five speed manual transmission camry. for the past two years i've owned this car, i've been working my ass off to get it to where i want it. i couldn't make the money i needed to make the car get to where i wanted it off working part-time and being in college. i dropped out of college, not because of the car, but that was one of the best decisions i made when it comes to getting the car where i want it.

i lowered her on a set of k-sport kontrol pro coilovers. i gave her a 1.5" drop to get the hang of driving a lowered car. i ran on a set of 15" stock rims in the front, and some 14" steelies on the rear. i learned how horrible rear sagging looks.

at the end of march, i went down and picked up the first set of rims i've ever owned for my car. i bought a set of 17" drag dr-34, and i couldn't even drive home. brought the car home that day on the stock rims, and the next day i rolled my rear fenders to get the clearance i needed to roll around.

now i'm rubbing again, so i'm getting ready to pick up a fender roller and roll the fenders some more and hopefully pull them to get that little bit of clearance i need.

the front of the car still has about an inch gap between the fender and the tire, so i'll be lowering the front end once it starts warming up around here.

now on to the pictures to let them do the talking.

this is right after we installed the coilovers

and this is when i got the urge to paint my rims pink with plasti-dip

now on to the rims!

sorry for this one being sideways

that front fitment is pretty sad. that rear looks pretty good to me though

let me know what you think, and any kind of suggestions on how i can fix the rubbing issue would be dope
    Last edited by xnickkkkx; 04-07-2014, 02:31 AM.
    stance in progress
    nick|23|mz3

Not a bad start, welcome

Comment

Never seen a camry done before. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome! A 5-speed Camry isn't something you see much of.

Get used to the fender roller and/or the phonebook method

Future plans?

Comment

Working...
        X