Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Barely tucking wheel.... good enough!

  1. #1

    Default Barely tucking wheel.... good enough!

    Well I posted a while ago in the Intro section but I'd like to re-introduce my car on its new temp set-up.
    Here's some old pictures to possibly refresh memories, used to be sitting on Diamonds which were 15x8 all around front(-12et) rear(-25et)




    Soon enough got bored of those wheels and rolled on some 14 inch hubcaps for a while


    And here she is today sitting on some temporary 16s. Not wide at all but gives that oem+ look. After adapters sitting at 16x7(-5) all around.


    Oh yeah and wings west front lip finally!



    Sorry newest pics are all from my phone :/

    Lemme know what you guys think! criticism welcome.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Covington, Ga
    Posts
    4,911

    Default

    I **** to say it, but the diamonds were pretty killer looking on there.
    IG: ashtonlafleur


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hengelooow, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    i don't mind the diamonds at all, they fi really well with the car.

    new wheels do seem to look good but the amount of tuck on the rear isn't my cup of tea
    if you can get the rear to sit the same as the front it sure would look better in my eyes. that means you need to slightly raise it and give it a bit of rake but i do think you can pull off that oem+ look.
    but it's your car, curious to see how it goes

    nice work anyway


    i shouldn't be daily driving this:
    "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alafleur View Post
    i **** to say it, but the diamonds were pretty killer looking on there.
    ^^^this

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    really like that front lip, not nearly as ricey as half the civic front lips out there. Clean car.
    Quote Originally Posted by s t a y g o l d View Post
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

  6. #6

    Default

    I like the 15s better, the sixteens look almost too big. But I see you switched to 5-lug? Is that just from the spacers or did you change the hub?
    Last edited by sickluded; 03-29-2014 at 01:27 AM.

    2000 Honda Prelude

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post
    I **** to say it, but the diamonds were pretty killer looking on there.
    Yeah I was pretty happy with the set-up. Only thing I want to do soon is go wider. I've been thinking 16x10 all around.

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchieSaxo View Post
    i don't mind the diamonds at all, they fi really well with the car.

    new wheels do seem to look good but the amount of tuck on the rear isn't my cup of tea
    if you can get the rear to sit the same as the front it sure would look better in my eyes. that means you need to slightly raise it and give it a bit of rake but i do think you can pull off that oem+ look.
    but it's your car, curious to see how it goes

    nice work anyway

    Thanks! When I fit them I was like awwww yeahh fit the way I wanted them.

    Quote Originally Posted by los02 View Post
    ^^^this
    Truuuuu.

    Quote Originally Posted by kittenpuncher View Post
    really like that front lip, not nearly as ricey as half the civic front lips out there. Clean car.
    That's exactly what I was going for. I wanted to get the real Mugen one (which this one is a quality replica of) but of course I would **** to break one lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by sickluded View Post
    I like the 15s better, the sixteens look almost too big. But I see you switched to 5-lug? Is that just from the spacers or did you change the hub?
    At first the 16s did look huge but I got used to it and I think the car looks 10x better in person too. Car is still 4-lug but I just put adapters to fit the 5 lug. (50mm thick)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittenpuncher View Post
    really like that front lip, not nearly as ricey as half the civic front lips out there. Clean car.
    It's a Mugen rep and about as rare as the Mugen these days.

    Mine was stolen along with my car.

  9. #9

    Default

    Well also forgot to mention that my intention with this car is an all around build so I've
    been busy with my brother putting together and finally putting on my VTEC head!


    Obviously got to have other goodies too! ATI Super Damper


    Mugen steering wheel to replace my old "JDM" steering wheel lol.



    Only missing a couple more things motor wise before I go back to spending money on looks and all that good stuff.

  10. #10

    Default

    Wow, you did an amazing job. That car just looks amazing. I had a lot of fun leafing through the photos. I want to thank you and recommend the service https://samedaywriting.com/ ,where I work. We help people in their studies and work. For example, writes a good

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Looks good man.

    The WW front lip is classic... I would prefer it black over color matched, but that's me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •