2014 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 10, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 10, 2014

This will be our Fifth Annual Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run! Over the last four years attendance has been strong and we expect nothing less this year. We even had the New York Times write an article about it last year!

We would like to keep the bulk of the cars "Euro" related (BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc) but if you have friends with nice cars that are outside of those parameters, certainly feel free to invite them. The only reason we're not inviting all makes and models is to keep it from growing to hundreds of cars (which it has been in the past).

2014 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run
    Saturday, May 10, 2014

9:00 am - Meet at Ikea in College Park
    10100 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, Maryland 20740

Leave promptly at 10:00 am. It takes approximately three hours to get to Philly from here (with tolls and stops factored in).

11:30 am - Arrive at Delaware House rest stop to regroup, use the restrooms, and gas up if needed.
    Delaware House Welcome Center & Rest Stop
    Jfk Memorial Hwy, Newark, DE 19702

12:00 pm - Get back on the road towards Philly.

1:00 pm - arrive at Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks
    39 East Oregon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19148

FACEBOOK EVENT <------ click for the event on Facebook.

If you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY etc area and don't want to join the cruise (or want to set up your own), just meet at Tony Luke's around
    1:00 pm. If you organize any of your own cruises, please let me know and I will spread the word.

Tony Lukes Cheesesteaks website: http://www.tonylukes.com.

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop" and that's where I recommend you get your food. There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait. The restaurant has limited seating and will fill up quick with all the people that are coming.

If you post this on any other forums that I haven't included, please post the link here so I can update the list!

Videos from previous years:

This will be posted on the following forums:
    6 Speed Online
    Audizine
    Bimmerforums
    E46 Fanatics
    E90 Post
    Early 911 Registry
    Ferrari Chat
    Gruppe Titan
    Luxury4Play
    M3 Forums
    M3 Post
    Maserati Life
    MB World
    Planet-9
    R3VLimited
    Saab Link
    Stanceworks
    Supra Forums
    VW Vortex

Cool ill meet in delaware
    @eyestein

Comment

Less than a month to go! Keep in mind this is rain or shine. There are already 149 confirmed on Facebook! Yuppie Racing will be coming down from New England, AMG of New York has confirmed they are coming, a handful of exotic car owners have confirmed, and even a vintage Mercedes should be there. Variety is what makes our automotive community what it is!

Bring your wife, kids, dog, mom, etc! This is an event you don't want to miss!

Comment

For those coming from the north, here is your caravan info. Spread the word as you see fit.

Meet at Thomas Edison Rest Stop off the New Jersey Turnpike, in Woodbridge Township, NJ at 10:00am.
        Leave at 10:30am SHARP to get to Tony Lukes around 1pm.

Comment

For those coming from points south of College Park, MD, there’s a group meeting at Maggiano's in Tyson's Corner at 8:00am. They will leave promptly at 8:40am to head up to College Park. The address is:

2001 International Drive
          Tyson's Galleria II
          McLean, VA 22102

Comment

See you all tomorrow!!

Comment

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for coming out! We had around 150 cars total that met in Philly. Here are some pictures that others took, in no particular order. None of them are mine.

Comment

Comment

Some videos

Comment

And some more videos from facebook:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Two more picture albums I came across, but forgot to post:

Comment

I will post a thread once details are finalized, but keep Saturday, November 15, 2014 free because we're doing a fall Cheesesteak Run!

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/7351...ndar&source=49

Comment

Mark your calendars! This year's event will be May 9th, 2015! Flyer/facebook event to come in the near future...

Comment

Working...
                          X