Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX63 1983 Toyota Cressida, Springs/Coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX63 1983 Toyota Cressida, Springs/Coilovers?

I own a 1983 Toyota Cressida and I've been looking around for either Coilovers or Springs. I don't have a bunch of money to spend on The suspension so I'm looking for something in a reasonable price range. I do not own a welder so let me know if theres something i might be able to just throw in- Would be great haha. Thanks guys, all help is welcome!

If you dont have alot of money you not getting coilovers for a cressida. The fronts alone cost almost 800, and you still gotta figure out what to do for the rear. expect to spend at least 1000 and still have to cut and weld. You could try finding short shocks and shorter springs for a car from the 80's and be at a fixed height for cheap
    Taking over the world one old German car at a time.

Comment

You can run bc Coilovers from a mx73 as seen here. They about 1000 or a little less depending where you go.

@finalbossjosh

Comment

I had a 1983 x6 sedan a little more than a year and a half ago and I couldn't find a strait forward coil over for mine then. So I had to research and make my own. The rears is a solid axel and at least then they didn't make a coil over's to fit the rear. For the rear I bought ajps adjustable perches for a ae86, toyota tacoma/hilux short height toxic shocks, T3 panhard bar off a AE86 and cut 87 camaro drag springs. For the front I got T3 weld in coilovers with shocks cost me about 1500

Now I also had a x7 wagon but wagons are also solid axel in the rear. I bought it half done right and had to toss the stiff cut nascar springs in the rear and blown koni's up front My final setup was T3 weld in coil overs in the front with s13 camber plates kyb Agx adjustable shocks. Rear set up is 87 Camaro adjustable Kyb Agx shocks, Cut rear 350z tien springs and T3 panhard bar with ajps perches.

You can adapt x7 sedan coil overs in the front since you don't have access to a welder but they aren't really cheap like 700-1000 the rears will bolt in but the mounting points for the shocks aren't the same. and the shock and spring is loaded together cause x7 sedans are IRS. So I am not sure its safe the mounting points take the full abuse for the shock and spring at the same point. usually it set up spring is inward and the shocks outward

Drop It !!!

Comment

Alright, So you have a sweet ride, but its way to Jack and you cant get no love from the ladys because they can Limbo under your veilside Side skirts. Well heres a little artical i wrote, And I hope you do it, note for note, but dont worry, Be happy. Anyway, Secondly, This is my disclaimer, follo...

Comment

Working...
          X