This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Level dropping rear randomly

Hey all, so of late I'm having a bit of a problem with my E-Level setup. The left rear is randomly airing out when going down the highway. As I am driving, intermittently, I'll hear the back air out a bit. If I hit the preset it'll bump it back up. The issue isn't a leaky valve or fitting, but rather the manifold opening the valve for that corner and allowing it to drop roughly an inch and a half. Has anyone experienced this, and could it be a bad height sensor? I just got my quarters repainted and don't want it to drop and burn the paint off. Thanks in advance.

This sounds exactly like my problem, except mine is the right side that's dropping, have a look at this thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56751

I have been trying different things. My suggestion is try driving the car with the system unplugged (remove 70 amp fuse or so), then you'll know if its hardware or electrics.

I just emailed accuair about my issue and they suspect the ground isn't strong enough. (every thing is ground to the same area on mine) and they suggested running a 6 gauge wire from the battery negative to the grounds for the VU4 and ECU...I'll let you know if it works on mine as I should try sorting it out tomorrow.
    Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Hmmm. Can't be a ground, I have an S8 and the battery is in the back so I grounded everything back to the battery. The way it happens it isn't a slow leak down, it's as if I tapped the button on the touchpad, it's actually adjusted back up on its own once

Comment

Originally posted by 71camaro View Post
        Hmmm. Can't be a ground, I have an S8 and the battery is in the back so I grounded everything back to the battery. The way it happens it isn't a slow leak down, it's as if I tapped the button on the touchpad, it's actually adjusted back up on its own once
        Just as FYI...I changed the ground and didn't solve my problem, I got in touch with accuair and they asked me to send the ECU so they can inspect it
        Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

I've been following the other thread, saw that. I really can't be without the ECU for mine as the car is my daily and I'm in school out of state... It's either sensor or ecu

Comment

Try shutting off the system and seeing what happens. Disconnect the touch pad if you cant cut power to it.

Comment

my buddy with an FRS had this problem with his Elevel. We found out that it was lack of adjustment room in the rear. you have the 3 settings and he only had like 1 1/2" of travel between his 1, 2, and 3 settings and it was getting confused while driving and would air out completely.

he had so little adjustment because the bags were only 4" bags and he could tuck over 2" of wheel when aired out. Which meant he had minimal travel when aired up high enough to drive (if you follow me here)

He had to lose some of the tuckage and raise the rear a bit to get more travel when driving to have more room between the settings

Comment

Originally posted by Basketcase View Post
                my buddy with an FRS had this problem with his Elevel. We found out that it was lack of adjustment room in the rear. you have the 3 settings and he only had like 1 1/2" of travel between his 1, 2, and 3 settings and it was getting confused while driving and would air out completely.

he had so little adjustment because the bags were only 4" bags and he could tuck over 2" of wheel when aired out. Which meant he had minimal travel when aired up high enough to drive (if you follow me here)

He had to lose some of the tuckage and raise the rear a bit to get more travel when driving to have more room between the settings
                I get this, and I know all this, but my system worked correctly for a year and a half before this started. I haven't moved the sensors, and my suspension setup is no different

Comment

Have you tried contacting AccuAir? Did you make any headway on this matter?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Hey Rali, I haven't fixed it yet, semester got heavy at school and I hadn't had time to deal with it. It dumped the car out last night while going down the highway and popped a tire off the bead though, really fucked me over. As soon as I can I need to get on this, tow trucks and tires are expensive, and so's repairing or replacing a wheel that's no longer made in a size that was only made once...

Comment

I don't see where anyone mentioned it, but is this happening with the active height monitoring turned on or off? If it's off and this is still happening, there's definitely an issue.
                      2008 Acura TL Type-S, Accuair Equipped
                      Follow me on Instagram: @ebelp

Comment

It's only on preset 2. Not on 1 or 3. It also doesn't matter if I change where 2 is set, it still occurs

Comment

Working...
                        X