X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Imma have to follow this build!
    Stay wide my friends. @samthedandy

Comment

hey man sorry I havent replied on the cressida forums I always forget about it, the front bumper is a honda bumper and the rear setup I have is cut TRD 8kg ae86 springs and ae86 tokico blues.

Glad to see a fellow creesy wagon on here.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?

Comment

what clutch, master and slave cylinder and pedal did you use?
        im doing a 7mgte w58 swap here soon

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchbrock1 View Post
          what clutch, master and slave cylinder and pedal did you use?
          im doing a 7mgte w58 swap here soon
          Any clutch for a 7MGE (not GTE, that's different) or 5MGE will work. 5MGE and 7MGE flywheels are the same as well.
          To use a W58 with a GTE you need GE flywheel, clutch, throwout bearing, etc. The R154 that comes on the GTE cars uses a "pull" style clutch and a different flywheel that won't work with the W58.

Master is from a MA60 Celica-Supra, but others will work as well
          Slave is from an MA70 Supra
          Pedal is from an AE86 (direct bolt on)

You can also buy a whole pedal assembly from here:

As well as a clutch line
          Last edited by MR2_FTW; 03-03-2014, 08:06 AM.
          @thedailydownshift

Comment

Limit straps installed. Bottom is bolted to the upper arm bolts and the top is fed through slots cut in the floor of the trunk and held in place with crossbolts. Not super ideal but hey it works.

@thedailydownshift

Comment

Good looking build so far man, I am gonna have to keep an eye on this thread

Comment

Ever since I bought the car the HVAC controls have been very hit or miss. There are four fan speeds: Auto, Off, Low, and High. Off obviously worked, but Low never did and High was intermittent. Basically to have any fan at all I'd have to use Auto which varies in speed depending on the temperature in the car. So I overheard somebody talking about a blower motor resistor pack. I'd never heard of it so I googled and low and behold it could be the issue. So I looked it up at work and it was a whopping $12. Discontinued. One left in the country. Bought. Installed. Fixed.

Here's the old one. Several broken connections, deteriorated metal, and generally garbage condition.

Here's the new one. So shiny and functional-looking.

SUCCESS!
                @thedailydownshift

Comment

Just ordered one of these pretty babies. This comes after freaking myself out by scraping my subframe while shuffling cars around my driveway. I figured my oil pan could use a little extra protection.
                  @thedailydownshift

Comment

Loving it, tons of awesome pictures.

Brake fluid was disgusting lol.

Comment

I swapped out the front parking light peanut bulbs for some LED's and holy god are they bright. And awesome. I did the same on my MR2 (euro dual bulb housings ftw) and it just looks awesome.

Tomorrow my skid plate should be arriving, but more importantly weather permitting I will probably be putting the car in the air and pulling the diff out to investigate my clunk. I'm almost positive it's the spider gears. I'm going to bring the diff into work and have one of the mechanics look at it (the guy restores vintage Land Cruisers, so he knows a thing or two about diffs). The fix will consist of either new shim washers to get proper clearance of the spider gears (like $10), or a spider gear kit with new gears (like $165, with only two left in the country last I checked). So hopefully I'll be rid of this awful rear end clunk relatively soon.
                      @thedailydownshift

Comment

i love your cars! seriously awesome work!

IG: Nick475

Comment

Anyhow, I got the diff out today. I think there are some clearance issues with both the spider gears AND the ring/pinion. Neither are terrible, but I think a combination of the two is leading to too much play. I'll be taking it in to work with me tomorrow. Hopefully one of the techs will be able to help me sort it out.
                          Also, this came in
                          @thedailydownshift

Comment

this is super pretty. those coilovers look amazing. props

Visit my build, that would be super good of you to do.

be my instagram friend: archiediplomat

have a look at the shirts I do: www.diplomatthreads.com.au

Comment

great read!

love wagons,

brown+old toyota+ wagon+manual transmission = jalopnik

great trick with the DIY poly bushings, i'll remember that one

had no idea those old i6 engines sounded so good!

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

now this was a nice morning read

awesome work here
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X