Laptop on a budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop on a budget?

What would you get...Not looking to spend a bunch of money on one but want something that will last. My dell is going on 5-6 years and if it didnt have the charging issue id still use it.

LMK what you would get. I DL music and store pics and surf the web....thats about it.
    chUD..........Asphalt-sux

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

i hear Acer isnt bad for the price. but personally i dont know too much about laptops. i rock desktops exclusively
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I would say look into a netbook if that is all you do. If you want some more screen real estate though I would personally recommend Lenovo. The Lenovo Y and U series are both excellent, so are the ThinkPad Edges. They have excellent build quality and are pretty damn good laptops in both design and ergonomics.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
        I would say look into a netbook if that is all you do. If you want some more screen real estate though I would personally recommend Lenovo. The Lenovo Y and U series are both excellent, so are the ThinkPad Edges. They have excellent build quality and are pretty damn good laptops in both design and ergonomics.
        Lenovos are typically a good pick. Good looks, balanced hardware, fair price. I got a midrange Y series on sale and thoroughly enjoy it.
        '67 VW Squareback & '07 RX-8

Comment

Had an Acer and ***** it....honestly i put my fist through the screen in the end. And for my old job had a net ook and in 2 weeks was at that point. Id like a fast computer and by budget i mean im not getting a macbook pro or spending 2k on one...Im good at about a grand

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

Comment

Well for about a grand you can get a MacBook which is pretty damn good. I have a MBP and I love it, I also have a desktop which runs Windows and while they are both different I use both differenty the MBP for school work/chat/music/internet. Desktop for intensive video editing, games, anything really CPU heavy. I think that a Lenovo will do you just fine though just as good spec wise, and cheaper.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Russell_G View Post
              Had an Acer and ***** it....honestly i put my fist through the screen in the end. And for my old job had a net ook and in 2 weeks was at that point. Id like a fast computer and by budget i mean im not getting a macbook pro or spending 2k on one...Im good at about a grand
              You can get a 13in macbook pro now for that. I went out and bought the white macbook for $1000 a year ago. Love it. I would have bought the 13in macbook pro if they didnt release it two fucking days after I bought my white macbook

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
                You can get a 13in macbook pro now for that. I went out and bought the white macbook for $1000 a year ago. Love it. I would have bought the 13in macbook pro if they didnt release it two fucking days after I bought my white macbook
                You can get a refurb for that you can get a refurbed white macbook for like 800, which if you can spend (and seems like you can). I would highly recommend you do that, because the build quality is bar none on MacBooks, and they are really simple machines. That is unless you are a die hard Windows fan boy (which I doubt you are).
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I have an Acer and I **** it. My next one is going to be a MBP if I can ever get enough money together.

Comment

Got one for sale...

Had it since October 2009. It's basically brand new. I have only used it a handful of times. I don't need it.

Dell Inspiron 1440
                    Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4GHz
                    Custom OEM green top
                    4MB PC6400 DDR2 RAM (up to 8MB)
                    64 bit operating system
                    Windows 7
                    Large 9-Cell extended-life battery
                    Intel WiFi link 5100 AGN
                    Seagate 5400rpm 500GB hard drive
                    DVD-burner

Paid $750 less than 6 months ago.

Asking $625.

Comment

You can buy a brand new toshiba satellite that is more then capable for under $400 brand new all day long... Consumer reports always has great things to say about them, I have personally had 3 and never had a problem.

2 things to remember when buying a lap top... Never Buy Used, Buy what you want because they are either very expensive or impossible to expand... I store all my media on an external hard drive even though I have 350gig memory ive got a terabyte of external

check out dealnews.com they update it a few times a day and there are some great deals to be had out there.

Comment

Ive got a new Macbook, its mint. Make friends with a student, my bro is so i got it for £750 with 3 year Apple care.

Comment

I was told i can get another dell for cheap. Anyone have opinions on a good one? Mines a basic dell and like 6 years old...If the charging port was ok id keep it...Batterys dead+ Bad chargeing port= crappy desktop.

Comment

New Dells are shitastic. I wouldn't even recommend one to my worst enemy.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              i hear Acer isnt bad for the price. but personally i dont know too much about laptops. i rock desktops exclusively
                              All i ever heard about Acer, is great prices, but not the best. I'v heard crap about most makes, but mainly the ones i hear about are Acer and HP Laptops.

I have a dell (precision M90) for school and Asus at home, both seem great. My Asus has been awesome. Cheap and good.

But i have also like said above, heard that newers Dells are getting worse.

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

Comment

Working...
                              X