Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anth View Post
    Just bought 4x new valve stems from Work

What was that worth if you don't mind me asking?
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

$74USD shipped. Was cheaper to go through Work USA than Japan, go figure.

Comment

Fingers get pretty sore polishing RS's by hand.
        Haven't worked on them in the last couple of months, been busy.
        They will be finished soonish though.

Comment

Fark, I do not envy you at all haha

Comment

fuck that would take me 10 years haha
            www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

Cool anth.

By the time you finish them all the first one will need doing again
              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

I don't envy you either, but I think it's great to be able to say you did it yourself!

I even cringe when I see people polish their own lips(let alone centres)....I've got a great polisher that's so reasonably priced, I can't imagine doing it myself.

Comment

Great job on those rs! I wouldn't have the patience.

I wanted that red mk1 on gottis so bad. Missed out last time it was for sale and haven't heard of it since...

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                    I don't envy you either, but I think it's great to be able to say you did it yourself!

I even cringe when I see people polish their own lips(let alone centres)....I've got a great polisher that's so reasonably priced, I can't imagine doing it myself.
                    im in that boat haha
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

pfft, just buy all the new things and bolt them on!!!

Comment

I still get new lips repolished(for $20, why not) as I don't think the finish is that great usually. Especially if I'm using OEM lips for 2 of the wheels and getting them freshly polished, because they then look way better, so the aftermarket ones need to match.

Comment

I just had a brain fart...
                          I used to own a set of Modena's, with all the caps, nuts, centres and spring clips... Paid $70 for them on eBay a few years ago and couldn't get them drilled to 5x98. I'v since half converted the Alfa to 5x114.3 and now regret giving the Modena's to my brother who just sold them anyway... So every set I see has no centre caps etc... I work and program a CNC. Has anyone got all the caps etc and gear to take accurate measurements?

Only problem is I don't have access to a lot of alu' so everything would be in 316SS, nice and shiny!
                          I could machine the nut and centre caps [No Auto Strada wording though...], but I'd make 2 part press to make the plate/cap from flat sheet.

Anyone want to keep me interested at work?
                          My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Bflat might be able to help. The badges and pins them to be missing on most sets,
                            Usually still have plate and hex though don't they

Comment

Yeah badge and pin are usually gone, but still, most sets I see for sale have caps and nut missing. Just seen a set on ebay missing the lot and had the idea.
                              My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Ive got 1 plastic cap which isn't the pin type. Happy to lend it out for replicating if I can secure a set also.

Feel free to PM me mate

Comment

Working...
                                X