No announcement yet.

Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iv rebuilt many a 3 piece wheel before, but getting the split piece nuts nice and clean without individually scrubbing them as always bugged me.
    anyone got any tips?
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
      iv rebuilt many a 3 piece wheel before, but getting the split piece nuts nice and clean without individually scrubbing them as always bugged me.
      anyone got any tips?
      I put all my bolts and nuts in a Acid Bath at work. Seemed to clean all the loctite and soften the caked on brake dust. Could wipe some clean but still hit them on the wire wheel quickly and was going to chuck them in my Tumbler but its died.

So once they send the replacement unit it out ill post a update.

Comment

• Bummer about the tumbler.
        Never put the nuts in, might make up a separate batch of media and give it a go after soaking them in coke or something
        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Anyone played with Weds before? My chromies are Weds, i believe and am interested in widening them as they are too narrow and too high offset, they are 2 piece with the lips and barrells welded. They are also reverse mount for tyres (if that makes a difference). Any suggestions?

Comment

• 4 new lips and barrels later could cost a few $$. craig at WH should be able to sort you out.
            if they are reverse mounted should save on having to hack up the old lips and barrels to just get the centres out atleast.

Comment

• When i said reverse mount for tyres i meant you gotta fit the tyres from the back of the wheel not the front, wasnt sure if that would make a difference

Comment

• I might take one of the tyres off them and see if i can unbolt the center and get it apart and see what the go is

Comment

• got a close up pic front and back? be easy to tell if it can be done or not without doing any cutting?

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                    got a close up pic front and back? be easy to tell if it can be done or not without doing any cutting?
                    Can the tyre still be on? Im currently running them on the car lol

Comment

• Yeah can leave tyre on. Dunno how skilled you are taking a pic of inside of the back of a wheel while it's fitted up though haha

Comment

• ill just whip it off and wash it then get some pics

when i get a chance!

Comment

• I dunno if these are any good??

Comment

• What are the specs now and what do you want to achieve? If you can get away with making new outer lips only then better for you $ wise.

Craig.
                            For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

• The sticker says 16x7 +38 (i think its 38). I did take a pic of a ruler with a bit of wood against the back of the wheel.

Looking to go into the region on x8 - x9, would have to work out offsets and stuff and see if x9 is even possible. The only issue i have with the barrels on there now is that if i run any amouny of camber more than like -3 i scrub a fair bit over bumps on the inside of the rear archs

Comment

• Anyone know any good places or dealers in Australia for adaptec or any 4X100-5X120 adapters

Comment

Working...
                                X