Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been lurking on this thread for a while now thought I'd introduce myself in here since its where I'll be most lol.

Names Rudy and I dig fab work

Some of my work:

One-off bumpers, winch tub, roof rack, tire gate and ladder on this xterra

GTS/SP996 cages

International Scout bolt in cage

and some sick machine work i had done on my own project!

Last edited by gazolorean; 11-20-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• First real welds I've done (other than a few practice lines). I'm currently running flux wire using a Mastercraft Mig and Flux Welder. Any comments? I did stop in between the 2 left welds.

The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Comment

• Not too shabby bud, although looks a little cold. You can prolly run a little hotter and faster, especially on that 1/4" steel. See how high the weld has built up? Maybe try 5-10 more amps and moving at a faster travel speed. If they're still building up a lot you can turn the wire feed a little slower. Most importantly tho, KEEP WELDING! Don't just go out and do 10 mins of welding and call it a day, try to repeat your process of the better welds once you make them, it'll help you retain better habits/form
        conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

• I picked up some eBay BMW stainless headers from a friend to put on my Mercedes. I'm sure the stainless is inferior since they are already rusting. This is more or less a trial run to see how they fit and work. Can I cut the cast flange off of my manifolds to weld to the stainless? My other option is buy a flange from Australia at $118 shipped. It's mild steel.
          My 190e
          @190e_greg

Comment

• I made a tow hook and oil checking step for my 79 K10. the step is mounted to the push bar and the hook is bolted to the frame

the hook was cut out of a piece of scrap i had. it is about 3/4" thick and my Hypertherm 30xp isnt even rated to cut that much so im lucky i got it as smooth as i did. its very hard to trim little bits off like that so its not perfectly shaped.

i made the step out of a scrap bracket and what im guessing is a section of track for a machine of some sort. we have the same track on the floor for the machines to open up on at my work.

Comment

• That step is actually really cool looking! Nice work!
              1958 Chevy Apache shop truck build

Commonwealth

W201/W124 Control arms and bag brackets

http://www.commonwealthmotoring.com/
              Air ride and custom parts
              IG - Commonwealth_mf FB - https://facebook.com/commonwealthmotoring

Comment

• thanks dude

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg View Post
                  I picked up some eBay BMW stainless headers from a friend to put on my Mercedes. I'm sure the stainless is inferior since they are already rusting. This is more or less a trial run to see how they fit and work. Can I cut the cast flange off of my manifolds to weld to the stainless? My other option is buy a flange from Australia at $118 shipped. It's mild steel.
                  You can most definitely do so but be careful; ebay stainless tends to be very thin and welds pretty poorly with a MIG (as does all stainless). Blow-through is easy if you're not paying attention.

I would also suggest grabbing an exhaust manifold from the junkyard so you aren't cutting up your only good one for a flange.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg View Post
                    I picked up some eBay BMW stainless headers from a friend to put on my Mercedes. I'm sure the stainless is inferior since they are already rusting. This is more or less a trial run to see how they fit and work. Can I cut the cast flange off of my manifolds to weld to the stainless? My other option is buy a flange from Australia at $118 shipped. It's mild steel.
                    No idea if it's still relevant or what benz you have. But if its a 124ish era, and a v24 motor like 300-24/320/280 or even maybe a 300 v12, you can search local junkyards or ebay for a set of later stainless manifolds. as they have a fat flange that can be used for that.

Edit: that custom step is da bomb

Comment

• Greg I really hope you end up fitting BMW headers on the m103, if you do I'll pay you to make a second set!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• 20200926_142858.jpg
                        Made a poor mans high tech turbo brace for the spoolyboy
                        Attached Files

Comment

• First time welding a rollcage:

This is on my S13 240sx

Comment

• quick repair

Comment

• LoL, awesome

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Working...
                              X