Camber plates on Airlift 75562

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camber plates on Airlift 75562

Is it possible to fit camber plates on Airlift 75562 struts?

I think the camber on my e28 is a bit off and was wondering if this is possible (or if anyone has tried this) before I purchase camber plates.

Thanks!

What I did is in there as well as a concern voiced from Brian at airlift. So far so good for what I did. It's rather involved though.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

So I can either try to replace the 75562 bag with a 58480 bag or do a set up like yours?
      What was the purpose of machining down the carrier from the camber plates?
      Was it just so it wouldn't add any additional height?

Comment

Originally posted by drosas View Post
        So I can either try to replace the 75562 bag with a 58480 bag or do a set up like yours?
        What was the purpose of machining down the carrier from the camber plates?
        Was it just so it wouldn't add any additional height?
        No, it was so the thickness was the same as the steel plate that comes in the universal kit. If it's thicker than you can't get the strut nut on.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

i bought camber plates off ebay to go with the 75562 struts on my e28. im hoping not to run into any problems but i'll figure it all out when they arrive
          aaron by Jeremy King, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by bdkawey View Post
            i bought camber plates off ebay to go with the 75562 struts on my e28. im hoping not to run into any problems but i'll figure it all out when they arrive
            Yeah but how are you going to seal the bag. the entire top hat assembly works as a sealer!. I hope you figure it out, because i wanted to do the same for my car

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

so this weekend my friend and I worked out a solution utilizing his dad machine shop. this is the same bag that the OP was asking about 75662 struts from airlift.

problom: the shocks threads are long enough to fit a camber plate on top.

solution: we made an extention to it that fits inside the bearing of the camber plate after you pop out the inner ring of it and it threads onto the shock. there is also a spacer you could call it that we made that slides over the extension and sits on the plastic washer that comes with the kit, you can see it in the 3rd photo. i just dont have any pictures of it.

Comment

Are you able to make another set of these extensions?

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                  Are you able to make another set of these extensions?
                  I am actually the one that designed these, and my dad is the one that helped machine them. If they work out we will probably do a group buy and make more. I have had a lot of people asking about them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jking View Post
                    I am actually the one that designed these, and my dad is the one that helped machine them. If they work out we will probably do a group buy and make more. I have had a lot of people asking about them.
                    Did you just double nut them to tighten the extension onto the strut? I'd be concerned about it loosening over time.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Originally posted by jking View Post
                      OK! Sweet, because i'll be in on it if the price is right!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                        Did you just double nut them to tighten the extension onto the strut? I'd be concerned about it loosening over time.
                        i didnt yet since i just dropped them off to be welded, but when the time comes that will be done. maybe some thread lock too

Comment

What sits on the bag? Are you making a spacer for the bag to rest on the camber carrier?

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Theres a spacer we made that sits where that black plastic circle is. Once they're back from the welder i'll put it all together and put up more pictures.

Comment

any updates on this

Comment

Working...
                              X