• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep us updated

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

I really don't think this is an electrical issue since I haven't really heard of these symptoms being related to one in the past. Not saying that this isn't the case for you but if it is, it's very rare.

Do you have gauges or at least a tank gauge? It could also be a faulty check valve for your compressor. If your check valve is going, air is able to leak from your tank back through your compressor and out the intake. The VU4's valves have different thresholds so in most cases, if you have a tank leak, one valve will lift draining that corner of the car back into the tank and out of the compressor.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
        I really don't think this is an electrical issue since I haven't really heard of these symptoms being related to one in the past. Not saying that this isn't the case for you but if it is, it's very rare.

Do you have gauges or at least a tank gauge? It could also be a faulty check valve for your compressor. If your check valve is going, air is able to leak from your tank back through your compressor and out the intake. The VU4's valves have different thresholds so in most cases, if you have a tank leak, one valve will lift draining that corner of the car back into the tank and out of the compressor.
        Thanks for the suggestion Rali. I don't have any gauges, however when the car is parked it holds air perfectly. I left it for over 3 days raised and it didn't drop. When I drive with the system unplugged it doesn't lose air. Wouldn't a leaky check valve lose air all the time?

I recieved a reply from Accuair and they suggested to connect the ECU and VU 4 to a separate wire connected to the battery...I'll try that next, if it persists I ll replace the check valve
        Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Hm, yeah good point. If it was the check valve, it should be leaking all of the time, or at least more randomly than the leak you are experiencing. Sorry haha, I'm really grasping for ideas now.. I'm glad you got in touch with AccuAir about the issue though. It seems like they're leaning towards an electronic issue.

Comment

My system does the same thing. It hits a set point, then randomly airs out the front drivers side. Almost destroyed my oilpan once.I just assumed it was a sensor and was going to swap one to see if the problem goes away. But now one of the rears is doing it too. For as "worry free" as this system is supposed to be, all I do is worry when I drive the car. I usually hit the program button to stop it from actively adjusting so that I know it won't do something dumb while I'm driving.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
              My system does the same thing. It hits a set point, then randomly airs out the front drivers side. Almost destroyed my oilpan once.I just assumed it was a sensor and was going to swap one to see if the problem goes away. But now one of the rears is doing it too. For as "worry free" as this system is supposed to be, all I do is worry when I drive the car. I usually hit the program button to stop it from actively adjusting so that I know it won't do something dumb while I'm driving.

I hear you man. Sometimes I regret having gone this route, make something that was super reliable into something that isn't. Even when this problem is solved I will still have that feeling something might fail and lets face it, its not a cheap kit.

I connected a separate ground wire for the ecu and vu4 (4mm thick), but it made no difference, if I drive the car with the system on it lets air out. If anything its getting more frequent. If i'm driving it dumps every minute or less now. I wonder if its a manufacturing defect...I mailed accuair about it see what's next.

That said I try to be optimistic, probably there's 100's or 1000's of cars running these systems trouble free, and its the first car I bagged so its a learning curve.
              Last edited by A4crn; 03-12-2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I should have mentioned this a month ago but did you spray down every single connection with soapy water to see if anything is leaking? A leak can be intermittent and only show up as the management components move/ vibrate with the car as you drive around.

Comment

I should have mentioned this a month ago but did you spray down every single connection with soapy water to see if anything is leaking? A leak can be intermittent and only show up as the management components move/ vibrate with the car as you drive around.
                  But wouldn't the leveling system try to fill the leaking bag Rali? As soon as I notice the corner leaking I hit the program button or "up button" and the system responds by stopping the drop, or filling to the next setting (depending on which button I press). Even more interesting is that I can drive for miles and miles with the e-level in "manual", but as soon as I go to use the leveling function, it turns stupid and does funky things. Furthermore, my system will do it even when sitting still. I turn the car to ACC, it levels. Sits, then randomly adjusts for no reason. I always suspect the sensors, but don't have the money to replace sensors that shouldn't have been failing when I purchased them from AccuAir.

The E-level on the Bav works perfectly though of course.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

I checked for leaks....If I drive the car with no power in the system it doesn't dump or anything. When it dumps I can hear air coming out of the exhaust ports like when I deflate the bags via the switches. When I switched the hoses in the ports 3 to 4 the other bag deflated meaning the manifold port is releasing the air

I talked to Accuair, after changing the ground with no improvement they said I can send the ECU for them to have a look. I think (and hope) an electronic defect is causing this malfunction, if not I'm clueless at what to try next. They have great customer service so far, I do hope they can test my ECU and find something causing this. The problem has been getting more frequent. The first time it did it randomly, now its consistent, about once a minute or so it lets air out

Neek...try talking to accuair about it maybe you have a problem with the ECU....or at least they can guide you to make some checks

Comment

Originally posted by A4crn View Post
                      Neek...try talking to accuair about it maybe you have a problem with the ECU....or at least they can guide you to make some checks
                      I'll probably try the ECU from my other car just to see what's what. Easier for me than to send in an ECU to be tested.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                        I'll probably try the ECU from my other car just to see what's what. Easier for me than to send in an ECU to be tested.
                        Definitely easier if you have 2 systems...let us know how it goes, it might take some time for me to send my controller and get it back across the world.

Comment

Originally posted by A4crn View Post
                          Definitely easier if you have 2 systems...let us know how it goes, it might take some time for me to send my controller and get it back across the world.
                          I honestly have bigger fish to fry with my car currently (brakes and oilpan), but I'll get around to it and post.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

So maybe I found the culprit of this problem...the voltage regulator on the alternator is giving out too much voltage. I checked the battery output and it was marking 16v, way too high, this makes the ECU go over voltage. I haven't tried anything yet, but next thing to do is to replace the voltage regulator and check the output....

Comment

That could definitely be the cause of your issues

Comment

Did you ever determine what was the cause of your issue? Too much voltage or a faulty ECU?

Comment

Working...
                                X