1 tank 2 compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 tank 2 compressors

basically just want to know if a 3gallon tank with 2 444c compressors will be enough for my 08 sentra?
    08 Sentra slow build

Are you planning on a 200 psi tank, or a 150? It matters, being that the 200 essentially holds a third again more air for the same exterior volume.

I have a 2.5 gallon 200 psi on my Merc, and it's just enough to lift to ride height, though the compressor immediately kicks on. If I had only a 150 psi tank, I don't think I'd make it.

If you're willing to do a little bit of math, you can actually figure out pretty much for sure whether your setup will work or not, though it's necessary to convert your units to SI before hand. You'll also need to know how much pressure will be in the bags at ride height, which might require asking around for stats on similar setups.

If you're interested, however, the equation is as follows:

Let Vt equal the volume of the tank in cubic meters
    Let Vb equal the volume of one air bag at ride height in cubic meters
    Let Pt equal the pressure of the tank when fully charged in atmospheres
    Let Vb equal the pressure of one air bag at ride height in atmospheres

If Vt * Pt - 8 * Vb * Pb ≥ 0, then the tank has enough air to inflate the bags to ride height. The closer it is to zero, the less headroom you have, though the resultant numbers will always be very small unless you have a massive tank or are running incredible pressure. Just to be on the safe side, I would plug in your compressor's kick-on pressure rather than max pressure for Pt.
    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-05-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

For comparison, 2 gallons at 150 psi was enough to raise my Z3 to full height. Airlift universal front, and AH2 rear. Car weighs ~3200lbs. 3 gallons should be more than enough, though the compressors will probably kick on every time you raise the car.

Comment

oh okay im still looking into it, ill see about the psi. its the boxer styler of the sentras, we have a forum but no one is really bagged besides the new gen. ill get more information for you guys.
        08 Sentra slow build

Comment

stupid question! how do you plan on a 200psi or 150psi tank?
          08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Originally posted by baggedb16sentra View Post
            stupid question! how do you plan on a 200psi or 150psi tank?
            You buy a tank that can handle that pressure. All your other shit has to be able to handle 200 psi as well.

For example, Viair's got two 2.5 gallon tanks, the 91025, which is rated for 150 psi, and the 91028 which is rated for 200. I've got the 91028.

Since you're running 444c compressors, it would be a shame not to use their 200 psi capability, since you effectively get more capacity "for free." That is, assuming you can find a tank you like - 200 psi tanks are less common than 150.

Comment

okay that makes sense i will have to see, im guessing it doesnt say on the tank anywhere.
              08 Sentra slow build

Comment

i have a picture of my tank in my intro thread.

08 Sentra slow build

Comment

found out tank is 200 psi, i dont have the eleronic management just paddles, but they are rated at 150psi contacted my supplier said for my car ill be good at 150 psi
                  08 Sentra slow build

Comment

If you have a 3 gallon tank, 200psi is a good way to go especially if you have dual 444C compressors. I run a 3 gallon tank at 200psi with a single OB2 compressor in my daily and I love it. Our setups would be pretty similar. A 150psi cutoff and a 3 gallon tank will work but it doesn't give you all that much air volume to play around with in between fills.

To bump your tank pressure up to 200psi, you will need to get a 200psi non-adjustable pressure switch. Simple as that!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

i think the tank is fine just my paddles are maxed out for 150psi though.
                      08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Originally posted by baggedb16sentra View Post
                        i think the tank is fine just my paddles are maxed out for 150psi though.
                        Most air ride parts are rated for 150psi but that doesn't mean they can't handle more than that. Plenty of people have been running over 150psi with their manual setups, especially those with Hondas that have a double wishbone front suspension design. You should be fine running 200psi

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

alright thank you
                          08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Working...
                          X