Phaeton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phaeton

Any one ever stance a phaeton? I've seen some on ebay go for under 20 with about 50k-60k miles, which make them a good contender. However, insurance and maintenance must be a bitch. However, I can just picture this thing slammed on some LM's. And the luxury is on POINT.

phantastic cars....really really great vehicles...I knew the minute they came out that they would depreciate really badly and then be one of the greatest baragins out there...Im pretty sure that when it gets down to it that is basically the same as a bentley underneath

Comment

The Phaeton actually has pretty old hardware under it's body. The Audi A8 of the same vintage is a way more developed and modern car.

A friend of mine was looking at Phaetons a while back but decided not to bother because of the comparable old underneaths.

That said, I love the styling and would drive one in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
        The Phaeton actually has pretty old hardware under it's body. The Audi A8 of the same vintage is a way more developed and modern car.

A friend of mine was looking at Phaetons a while back but decided not to bother because of the comparable old underneaths.

That said, I love the styling and would drive one in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
        That doesnt make sense, its based on the the D1 platform, the same platform as the Bentley Continental GT. The Audi a8 is on Audi's D3 platform, which is aluminum.

The car is insane, the just the climate control system is unbelievably sophisticated. I'd **** to have to repair that thing though. The v8's seemed to depreciate more than the w12's. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a w12 with the 4 captains chairs. 200mph is total luxury.
        Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 04-05-2010, 09:33 AM.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

theres a guy that works in the next store over that has a phaeton. id rock one
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

The w12 sounds heavenly.
            SAABaru.
            IvyLeagueEast

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
              That doesnt make sense, its based on the the D1 platform, the same platform as the Bentley Continental GT. The Audi a8 is on Audi's D3 platform, which is aluminum.

The car is insane, the just the climate control system is unbelievably sophisticated. I'd **** to have to repair that thing though. The v8's seemed to depreciate more than the w12's. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a w12 with the 4 captains chairs. 200mph is total luxury.
              I thought so too, just wasn't sure about the platform so I dint want to seem like I was talking shit. In the w12 aspect, I completely agree, but the w12 4 seater bumps the price a whole 10 grand. However, I'm sure its worth it.

Comment

thats me personally, regardless of which one you get its an incredible car. They come with factory air springs so sorting the ride height is fairly simple. I'd love to see someone stance one.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Not stanced, but still looks good:

Info here: http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=456

$325 for slammage!!! Great deal.
                  '67 VW Squareback & '07 RX-8

Comment

Theres a dumped on in Boston. I'll try to find pics.

Comment

I was going to go with a D3 A8L when I was shopping a few months ago (went with a B6 S4 Avant instead)... body shape/size is similar to the Phaeton and 21x10.5's all around is prob what you'll want once it's dropped... that's probably what those MTM's are in the pic above... even though 04-05 A8L's are in the teens... 21" wheels are pricey for anything worth your time... just keep that in mind. I really wanted to go with 21x10.5 T1S's... maybe I'll get one and I will do that one day, but I have to get the Avant out of my system first, haha

A8 w/ front end refresh on Kahn 21" (not sure on width) F1-X's for a teaser:

and Kahn 21x9 21x10.5 RSX's
                      05 B6 S4 Avant 6MT (SOLD)

09 E61 535ixT 6MT Wagon

Comment

Would love to see it done

Comment

Originally posted by RBSileighty View Post
                          I was going to go with a D3 A8L when I was shopping a few months ago (went with a B6 S4 Avant instead)... body shape/size is similar to the Phaeton and 21x10.5's all around is prob what you'll want once it's dropped... that's probably what those MTM's are in the pic above... even though 04-05 A8L's are in the teens... 21" wheels are pricey for anything worth your time... just keep that in mind. I really wanted to go with 21x10.5 T1S's... maybe I'll get one and I will do that one day, but I have to get the Avant out of my system first, haha
                          I love Avants, but that A8 right there is money, I guess Im a sucker for big bodies cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Frag View Post
                            Any one ever stance a phaeton? I've seen some on ebay go for under 20 with about 50k-60k miles, which make them a good contender. However, insurance and maintenance must be a bitch. However, I can just picture this thing slammed on some LM's. And the luxury is on POINT.

Yeah, 9 years late i know but i have a pheaton with mild stance!

Quite low but not low enough sitting on 22 by 10.5 all around

Last edited by Ekvall; 05-13-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

In any case, in light of the fact that an improvement program gives off an impression of being in progress, that doesn't really mean another Z vehicle will at last land available, particularly if metal conclude that such a vehicle neutralizes their endeavors to best trucks develop a green, earth mindful picture, or in the event that it requires more capital than Nissan can legitimize. We were helped to remember this unforgiving truth by an ongoing segment wrote for Roadshow by as a matter of fact Nissan's Senior VP for Global Design, Alfonso Albaisa.

Comment

Working...
                              X