X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Civic Aerodeck/Wagon Build

So, where should I start?

I guess I'll first introduce myself...
    My name is Nils, 22 years old, living in northern Germany, close to Hamburg.
    I dailydrive a Honda Civic Aerodeck (MC2), a model that didn't make it to the States, it was sold in central Europe an build in the UK (Swindon).
    Since I'm still a Azubi (Auszubildender, I guess trainee in English) as a car mechanic in a Nissan/Seat dealership my build progresses somewhat slow, but it progresses...

So, enough of me, lets talk about the car...
    It was built in 1998, so it was one of the first ever build (No. 2256 according to my VIN).
    Powered by a B18C4 Engine it puts down about 124kW/169PS/HP to the front wheels through a 5 speed manual transmission.
    At the moment the car has rocked about 225.000km/~140k miles, first transmission, first engine, first paint and still runs strong!
    The paint is called "Pirate Black Pearl" and is some kind of a very (very very) dark purple, officially the car is black, according to my registration certificate...

Let me show you a speclist from the moment I got the car, about 9 month ago:
    No TÜV (Technical Inspection over here in Germany, needs to be done every 2 years)
    Fucked up tie rod ends
    TSS Tuning Coilover Suspension
    15" OZ Supertourismo GT with fucked up tires (185/55R15) for the summer
    15" OEM alloys for the winter, also with fucked up tires (195/55R15)
    Supersprint catback exhaust, leaking like hell with a catalytic converter removal pipe
    Not working front speakers (amp was missing)
    Missing rear speakers
    Depeche Mode design stickers (ough!)
    Not working foglights
    Badly painted driverdoor with broken mirrorhousing
    broken coolant reservoir

Here is how the misery looked:

Then I slowly started doing some things to the car, first I took it to the TÜV to get my suspension, rims and exhaust registered. I had to do this to legally register the car/ get my plates...
    Then I soon started to do some much needed things to the car, new tie rod ends and an alignment, new brake discs/pads for the front, new sparkplugs, a new airfilter, a new clutch master cylinder, new fuel filter and some new summertires...

Then came some minor modifications... Some new foglights, some stickers and neon pink paint on some small parts...

The last big update was a new catback exhaust from FOX combined with a new 200 cell catalytic converter...
    Oh, and i also found a Renault Laguna front lip...

Exhaust soundfile:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qShYiTLaqfg"]Honda Civic Aerodeck MC2 Fox Catback - YouTube[/ame]

I rolled like that for a couple of month, then my brake caliper on the front driverside got stuck, so I put in some new brake cylinders in...

My plans for the future are as following:
    - New Suspension since my old one doesn't go lower (threads and dampers are fucked up) MOAR LOW!
    - New bigger rims, i'm thinking about 17" with 175/35R17 or 215/35R17
    - small bits and pieces, maybe a new driverside door/mirror
    - some audio things
    - a Honda/Acura Integra Airbox (import from the states?)(cold air intakes are illegal here in germany, the airbox is legal, because it's OEM Honda)

I hope you somehow understand my (not so good) english, it's just my third language...
    Greetings!
    Last edited by Bejus; 01-25-2014, 04:50 AM.

That look super clean! Nice job on the English too. I can't imagine being able to speak a third language that well.

Comment

didnt know these existed. reminds me of my accord wagon. i really like it so far

IG: Nick475

Comment

What motor did these come with ? A b series or H? Unique car !

Comment

This model came with a bunch of engines, ranging from a D14A7/D14Z3 with 75HP to a B18C4 with 169hp and also some diesels, 20T2R or 20T2N build by the UK manufacturer "Rover"...
          The German Wikipedia has the full list of engines right here...
          The one I own has a B18C4, the shortblock is the same as the one the EUDM Honda/Acura Integra has, but with a different head setup and intake/exhaust manifold...

The car is very unknown, even here in Germany, it's VERY hard to get parts for it, because close to no one has modified it...
          For example there are only 3 legal exhaust on the market, same thing with coilover suspensions...
          But nonetheless I love the car, because it's a rare find...
          On the biggest european meeting for Asian Cars in general (the Reisbrennen) I've seen 4 of these, out of about 2500 cars there...

Oh and by the way, today i had a small shooting with a friend of mine, who drives a slammed VW Golf mk2, but don't look too close,
          my car is dirty as fuck! But washing it is impossible at the moment, since it's COLD in Germany... About -10°C/14°F
          Last edited by Bejus; 01-25-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I didn't know these even existed. very cool and much props for modifying a rare car.

subscribed b/c it's a wagon
            E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

Good to see another MC2 owner! Subbed!

Comment

Just to keep you guys updated,
                this weekend I finaly managed to get some music back in the car...
                I had an old Kenwood 2 channel amp laying around and hooked it up to the 16cm component system that still was installed.
                In the next days I'll get my new Energy Suspension shifter bushings to go along with a new shortshifter since my current one rattles like hell...
                While I already ordered some parts from Energy Suspension I went with a new set of sway bar links for the front sway bar, since the old ones don't look that good and new ones are somewhat cheap (19€, ~26$)...
                I hope the weather will be okay next weekend, so I can go out and snap some new pictures of the car as it sits now...

Comment

Looks like a honda accord wagon.

cool car man. gj so far.

Comment

Yesterday I have seen you on the street, very nice

Comment

:O When? Where? PM!

Comment

Pretty cool, Love this website just because I can see all the cars that never made it to the US. I think a ek front clip would look right at home on this.
                        When in doubt, cut it out...
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39445 <<<<<<< Check out my BUILD!!!!

Comment

wow i wish these came to the US
                          [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
                          instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

+65 not knowing these existed. But they are rad, especially yours.
                            The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

more pics!!! more progress!!! more more
                              E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

Working...
                              X