No announcement yet.

The Film Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so inspired by Larry Chens film posts on speedhunters so I asked him what scanner he was using, and atm he was using a plustek 8200i scanner, so I bought one, and its been working great, exept for it beeing painfully slow. People praise the nikon coolscan scanners, but even though they are no longer beeing made, a used scanner was still over my budget, still want one though

Comment

Originally posted by SMydlanPhoto View Post
      I was so inspired by Larry Chens film posts on speedhunters so I asked him what scanner he was using, and atm he was using a plustek 8200i scanner, so I bought one, and its been working great, exept for it beeing painfully slow. People praise the nikon coolscan scanners, but even though they are no longer beeing made, a used scanner was still over my budget, still want one though
      The plustek is a little out of my price range at the moment. Ideally I would like to get something for around half that

Comment

I use an epsonV500, or I have all my stuff scanned on fuji frontiers only.
        Greg
        1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Originally posted by gdogg16 View Post
          The pictures you posted look sooo good! I think it might be the best quality photos ive ever seen wich was scanned from film. If it you had posted them and claimed them to be digital I wouldt have given it a second thought at all!

yeah the plustek might be a bit pricy, but the place I deliver my films for development can scan the negs for me, thats 16dollars per film, so I figured It would be cheaper in the long run to buy a scanner. Its just the way it is here, I cant find shops that do it mutch cheaper anyway. last time I got a batch of 5 films from development it cost me 96dollars, and thats just developing and sending it back to me, if you include buying film and sending it you could easily doubble the price...

So yeah film is expensive, but I`ll still do it

Comment

how mutch is it for developement where you live? or do you do it yourself ?

Comment

Originally posted by gdogg16 View Post
              The epson seems a bit more reasonable. There's one on eBay at the moment, gonna keep an eye on it

Comment

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                The epson seems a bit more reasonable. There's one on eBay at the moment, gonna keep an eye on it
                Look for used v700's.

It costs me roughly $18.00 a roll for dev and scan.
                Greg
                1974 Volvo 142

Comment

wish i had prices like that

Comment

What is a good first camera to film? I haven't taken any photography classes, but I am planning on learning on my own. How did you guys learn how to edit and film? I'm still a high school kid, so I am looking for a low cost camera. Some guy told me that I should just start with my phone and shoot pics and/ or films with my phone (galaxy s4) until I get the hang of it, and then buy a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by ggencoupefan View Post
                      What is a good first camera to film? I haven't taken any photography classes, but I am planning on learning on my own. How did you guys learn how to edit and film? I'm still a high school kid, so I am looking for a low cost camera. Some guy told me that I should just start with my phone and shoot pics and/ or films with my phone (galaxy s4) until I get the hang of it, and then buy a camera.
                      Buy a dslr, learn the fundamentals of photography on that. Then shoot film.
                      Greg
                      1974 Volvo 142

Comment

^ agreed. Buy an entry lvl dslr, and learn the basics and manual functions. The cost of developing and buing film will be to mutch for learning. And you wont be able to see your images right away, to learn from mistakes ect. When u feel you got the hang of it, buy a cheap camerabody like the pentax k1000 or something in that region. I learn film with my dads all manual pentax MX and it was great to learn with.

Comment

CCkeysar000129-R1-E010.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

CCkeysar000129-R1-E008.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

CCkeysar000129-R1-E006.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

CCkeysar000129-R1-E004.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

CCkeysar000129-R1-E003.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr
                          Greg
                          1974 Volvo 142

Comment

^ holy jesus. What's the story behind all that?

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Did a side by side comparison of acros 100 and tmax 100 with lights. All shot on the Rz w/ 110 2.8. My conclusion is, I like tmax100 for lit shots, and acros 100 for natural light portraits.

Kodak tmax 100

bwgkeysar000206-R1-E011.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

bwgkeysar000206-R1-E012.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

bwgkeysar000206-R1-E013.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr
                                Fuji Acros 100

bwgkeysar000206-R1-E024.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

bwgkeysar000206-R1-E030.jpg by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr
                                Last edited by gdogg16; 02-16-2014, 09:17 AM.
                                Greg
                                1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Working...
                                X