Meech's vert build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meech's vert build

Well I got rid of my 540i Because I was tired of having a giant expensive Police attracting attention whore and I missed the e36 chassis's simplicity and low cost. so ill try and keep this organized as I go.

So I picked up a 1997 328i 5speed/auto top/ black on tan with 171k for a good deal and drove it 4 hours home

This is 10 mins after I bought it from the guy had good records no rust but a little body damage below the twilight.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Because i don't know how to leave things stock on the way home for PA I picked up some used Race lands to hold me over till i decided what i really wanted to do with the car, they were cheap and practically new.

The car also came with this dope ass shift knob of an earlier bmw
    [IMG][/IMG]

So after a few days I got around to slapping the coilovers on witch was a breeze other than the tires rubbing on the springs. It had 225/50/16's and instead of running spacers like everyone else I just put some 205/55 on the bitch and it has worked like a charm. I was impressed with the quality considering what I've heard about Raceland. I had Fortune Auto's on my 740 and Megans on my 540 so I can tell you these ride way worse then both of them (the Fortunes being the best) but saying that these are a third of the price and I am completely satisfied and would recommend them to any one.
    This was right when I put them on
    [IMG][/IMG]

After that it got CRAZY cold and we got a bunch of snow witch slowed my progress but I must say this car did absolutely fantastic in 6in of snow haha it was insane to say the least.

On my endless searching of Craigslist I found a great deal on some corbeau's and had to pick them up especially considering my seats where trashed.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    They came with honda accord brackets that were easy to modify and actually worked great and sat low.
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    adjusted the Emergency brake and lowered it a little and other than that have been drifting and enjoying the car. Now that I'm away at school I can't work on it so I'm saving my money and planning.

The list:
    Wheels
    Lsd
    Stiffer springs
    get the top working for summer

more to come let me know what you think

follow me on IG

Get your pets spade and neutered
    IG: Dimitriantoniou
    1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
    1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Well got a little bit of an update, Ive been away at school trying to get my stuff together. And by that I mean I've been looking at stance works all day in my lectures. Anyway i just picked up some style 32's i got 2-17x8's and 3-17x9's from a local guy. They are plastidipped pretty badly but I'm going to strip them down and repaint them probably white, or cream I'm not sure let. Give me ideas for colors. I'm just partial to white wheels. I would like Tiffany blue/teal/green what ever but I don't want to look like a scene fag.... cause I'm not
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The spare wheel is in the best condition, and I'm not sure if I'm going to just use a stripper and get it down to metal or just peel the dip off. I might be getting them powder coated locally depending on the price / condition of the wheels. I don't want to "polish a turd" if you know what I mean.

Let me know what you think!

Comment

update

well I'm finally back from school for spring break and got started on some things. And since nobody even reads this shit ill be quick... So I got my wheels finally and put a few decent tires on them

17x9 et: ghey 215/45
      17x8 et: gheyer 205/45
      This is right when I put them on, no rolling/pulling but lots of rubbing and it wasn't very low

(I'm sorry for my stupid grainy pictures)
      [IMG][/IMG]

after that I tried to clean the nasty wheels up a little bit and lowered the front of the car to try and get the gap even from front to rear.
      [IMG][/IMG]

I think it looks nice. I tried to massage the fenders but the rear passenger side had rust under the paint and literally flew off the fender the rest where fine.... I tried to stay classy with the GQ magazines haha
      [IMG][/IMG]

So thats all I've really had time to do I need to put an o2 sensor in and fix a tail light bulb but other than that I'm really happy with the car <3333
      [IMG][/IMG]

Let me know what you think.. and I know it looks like mottocady's it wasn't intentional

XOXOXO

Comment

looking really good. love the wheel choice. i wanna see where this goes

Comment

When does the v8 and roll bar come?

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

Good start
          @clay_mation

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
            and I know it looks like mottocady's it wasn't intentional

XOXOXO
            Oops just saw that after I posted. The look works for a reason
            @clay_mation

Comment

id stick with white or cream for the wheels, looking good tho.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Looks good with the style 32s on there!
                2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

If you can get a 40 profile tyre, that will save you pulling and rolling the shit out of the arches.

If they're the same specs as mine, they will sit super flush with no rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
                    Let me know what you think.. and I know it looks like mottocady's it wasn't intentional

XOXOXO
                    I was thinking this looked a lot like my build thread in the beginning. Not only the Style 32s and race seats, but I even had that shift knob for a bit. Needless to say, I approve of the first mods haha. What are the future plans?

Also, I ran 205/40 and 215/40 with those wheels.
                    025garage

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                      Oops just saw that after I posted. The look works for a reason
                      What a d bag. Ban this guy because feels
                      I <3 Poke

Comment

Originally posted by StevE30 View Post
                        looking really good. love the wheel choice. i wanna see where this goes
                        Thanks man its a start

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                        id stick with white or cream for the wheels, looking good tho.
                        yea I need to strip my wheels I think I'm going to go with a nice cream or a really bright white... I deff need new pads because they are sooooo dusty.

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                        If you can get a 40 profile tyre, that will save you pulling and rolling the shit out of the arches.

If they're the same specs as mine, they will sit super flush with no rubbing.
                        Well I did some fender work with a rubber mallet and heat gun, and to turned out okay. But my rims are actually rubbing on the inside of the fender like high up.

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                        I was thinking this looked a lot like my build thread in the beginning. Not only the Style 32s and race seats, but I even had that shift knob for a bit. Needless to say, I approve of the first mods haha. What are the future plans?

Also, I ran 205/40 and 215/40 with those wheels.
                        Well I'm on the look out for a super charger kit but i haven't been very lucky with that. and I need to finish bending my roll bar and clean my interior up a little
                        Right now with the 205/215 45's are not too bad. I just have a lot of trouble putting less than a 45 sidewall with my tire machine.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

A an actual photo... now you can see all the blemishes she's shows her age haha

Comment

went home for easter this weekend and on a whim put my style 32's on craigslist for $600. Within an hour I had some kid begging me to come buy them. I bought them for $250 and sold some beat up 32's for $600 lol.
                            [IMG][/IMG]

So the hunt for new wheels began and I got pretty lucky, some guy was selling some Style 19 wheels for $400. One had the lip polished but was apart and the rest needed to be finished. I went up and bought them and he had a sick Z3 Coupe 2.8 non sunroof car on style 5's [IMG][/IMG]

I was in a rush because I had to meet up with Shaun Quill to give him some spacers so he could get some better fitment with his new felony form over fenders. So i dint really inspect them. When I got home I started looking over the wheels, one of the barrels is bent but holds air, I'm not sure if its going to be really off balance or not ill find out once i get the car on the road again. [IMG][/IMG]
                            [IMG][/IMG]

The bolts are in great shape but that have been spray painted, no rust and only one wheels has rash on it so I'm gonna have to file that out. Over all i think i got a steal for $400

I was only home for 3 days so I threw the wheels on to get the car out of the shop and took some pictures.
                            [IMG][/IMG]

The plan is to polish the rest of the lips and hardware and paint the centers darker. I haven't decided on a color yet. I Plan to run 205 40's so I can get a decent stretch and some 10mm spacers in the rear maybe 15mm Let me know what you think.
                            Last edited by meech; 04-21-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Sweet build.

Comment

Working...
                              X