E39 Build: 6.0 LS. Coils. Burnouts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting swap. Great work!
    Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

This is awesome. Handling, comfort and styling of the German powered by an American iron block LS. Bravo sir.
      Sup. Call me Z.
      My Accord "build".

Comment

one word sir,

LOVE<3
        E36 Bonnie

Comment

I fucking love this build, so much attention spent into detail, making sure everything came together well and owning a house at 25, is one thing I jealous of lol. Great car man!

So what's next? I know you're working on upgrading the cooling fans and painting a new bumper...
          sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
              This is awesome. Handling, comfort and styling of the German powered by an American iron block LS. Bravo sir.
              I am really looking forward to the looks I'll get once it's cammed.

Originally posted by royalife View Post
              one word sir,

LOVE<3
              saw a gif in another thread that I had to steal!

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
              I fucking love this build, so much attention spent into detail, making sure everything came together well and owning a house at 25, is one thing I jealous of lol. Great car man!

So what's next? I know you're working on upgrading the cooling fans and painting a new bumper...
              Thanks, the homeownership was a long road with lots of hard work and financial common sense, it helps that my future wife is also a young professional with great career growth. Without her I would not have been able to buy the house. I'm not sure if that type of crowd is on here but I have another build thread for my new garage going - over on Garage Journal.

I have a holiday shutdown at work the next week and a half and plan on buying a thousand beers and using every goddamn day to get stuff done...

Daily drivers:
              -Oil change and serpentine belt on fiance's A4
              -Timing belt, serp belts, tensioners on my muffwagon beater
              -finish cleaning the broken glass powder out of the muff dash from the deer incident

6.0 BMW (in order of occurrence)
              -Burnouts in garage
              -Remove old bumper covers
              -Test fit both M-Bumpers (unpainted)
              -Drop off new bumpers, hood and a fender for respray at local guy's shop
              -Buy lumpy cam, valvesprings, pushrods
              -Get drunk and throw it all in the motor
              -Install some dual fans on the radiator, possibly fab up a shroud
              -Port and polish LS6 TB i have laying somewhere
              -Ditch the AUX fan
              -Replace all rear diff bushings
              -Change oil in motor, trans, and rear end
              -Revise T56 shifter gasket to eliminate rattle under load
              -Start to revise exhaust so the cutout doesn't drone so horribly bad
              -Have it tuned again

I am most excited for the cam and bumpers. I also want to dial in the coilovers to exactly where I want them and add a pair of spacers in the rear after rolling the fenders. Like I said I'm not really a huge stance fag but I do think a car needs to be low and have the fenders sensibly filled out to look good.

For the cam I am thinking PAC or TSP valve springs, new pushrods, and a TSP 228R. I think the cam is the best all around choice given the powerband against the weight of the car, gearing, etc. It lopes like a bitch too

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWaYwAlJ4Jg"]Z28 LS1 TSP 228 R CAM 112LSA - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgVl8V7E43E"]01 Camaro Idle with 228R cam & True Duals under the axel out back. - YouTube[/ame]

I am tearing the car apart this weekend and will keep you guys posted.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

Mother of God that is a ton of photos. All of which are awesome.

Thanks for the build, it looks great!

Comment

Great build. Great read. You sounds like a pretty cool dude. Congrats on the house as well.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

This thread is so damn awesome. I can completely understand your thought process here regarding the m62. My 99 540i is modded the same as yours was besides the m60 manifold. I've spent way too much in maintenance, vanos provides that lovely knock, and there's really no inexpensive way to gain more power, lol.

I literally lol'd watching the burnout contest video.

Again, excellent build and thread. I'm definitely looking forward to updates.

Comment

A friend of mine did an lsx swap and had a radiator issue. It seems these things chew them up and spit them out if they aren't up to par haha as for the build the only thing I can find I don't care for is how high that shifter is. But you've clearly put some serious work into this thing.

My Intro Here:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50512
                      My E34 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54494
                      My '78 CB750 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56809

Comment

Update time. I was off of work for a week and a half and have been busy.

We have been getting hammered lately with snow, and I'm so glad I have this AWD bad boy to beat around in. It gets a good workout every time it snows. Bounced it off a few snowbanks so far, no issues whatsoever. I did a timing belt job on it over Christmas shutdown, including new belt, tensioners, idlers, and accessory drive belts. New brakes all around, oil change, and 2 new wheel bearings in front, so it has tons of life left in it. Hoping to wring another 75k-100K out of it (it has 118K currently).

My wife to be needed some better tires for her A4 to cope with the snow so I picked these up.

I did a side job for an acquaintance on his '02 540i, he needed an alternator and some cooling system parts. While ordering his stuff on RockAuto I saw these on sale and bought some. I have been been using the jack points with no pads for years now and this will save some wear and tear on the chassis.

Since the car is coming apart for paint work I picked this Slimmbones rear diffuser up to increase my sex appeal.

We decided to paint the kitchen over my "vacation", so naturally while at Lowe's I picked up paint supplies to paint the finished garage as well. Here are some swatches of color that will be accents around the garage. I will hold off on pics of the progress until it is done.

A couple of hours got me here. I had someone help me remove the hood also, and that's resting on the roof (on a blanket) now.

Comment

Man, I hope I can join the club sooner or later, you are doing good work.

Comment

looks good! thats the Cam I want to toss into my LM7 in my truck haha
                            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

ah I think I've got your thread bookmarked in my ls e39 folder from another site, seems familiar.
                              Thanks for being so through, makes a good reference for when I do this in the... future. Just a question of when, not if

Comment

I'm just about wrapping up my mini garage remodel and ready to get back into automotive projects. One of the things on the list is redoing my exhaust. I'd like to do a cat delete and get rid of the small diameter OEM BMW pipes that run back to the rear axle as well as revise the location of my cutout since it drones my brains out. What's a reasonable size to run from the manifolds back? I was thinking 2.5" duals, 3" duals might be overkill but I have to consider the possibility of going turbo one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X