Easy Slider z32 missile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anti.engineered View Post
    I always wondered - why are the rose joints necessary? manifold expansion going to move the turbo that much?
    I will just say that stainless is a cruel untrustworthy bitch and loves to move around, even when you think, "that cant possibly move, its sch tubing and so thick" it will move

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
    Maybe just ease of installation?
    Yes you nailed it on the head I love the flexibility of hiems

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
    Peace of mind maybe? lol. If I had the skill i'd fab shit for every little thing as well
    Bingo, you have to take advantage of the bits that let you get creative, keeps things fun. It takes a little time and money but anyone can do this kind of stuff its just a process
    sigpic

Comment

• Nicework man, only consern is that vacuum thingy on the exhaust. work well if you have big enough exhaust and almost at the end of exhaust. friend of mine almost blew his engine with thing like that...

Other than that keep it up, you must have alot of time and nice set of tools to pull all that off! always nice to follow when someone has time to finish pieces off like they should be
      Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
      Now: MB W211 320cdi
      Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

• Originally posted by Exami View Post
        Nicework man, only consern is that vacuum thingy on the exhaust. work well if you have big enough exhaust and almost at the end of exhaust. friend of mine almost blew his engine with thing like that...

Other than that keep it up, you must have alot of time and nice set of tools to pull all that off! always nice to follow when someone has time to finish pieces off like they should be
        Like it got a crap load if vacuum and blew something out?
        Last edited by DER E30; 01-26-2015, 11:06 AM.
        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          Like it got a crap load if vacuum and blew something out?
          He got small amouth of back pressure on exhaust. -> pressure to engine breather -> huge pressure inside engine -> oil started coming out of wrong places.

Comment

He got small amouth of back pressure on exhaust. -> pressure to engine breather -> huge pressure inside engine -> oil started coming out of wrong places.
            That doesn't sound too good... With the open dump out the hood the exhaust shouldn't have much back pressure
            -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
            '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
            '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Nicework man, only consern is that vacuum thingy on the exhaust. work well if you have big enough exhaust and almost at the end of exhaust. friend of mine almost blew his engine with thing like that...

I must admit I forgot to add the photos of the one way check valves I installed to prevent said problems. Could it be possible your friend may have installed them backwards? To me that would be the only plausible way you could create a positive pressure strong enough to damage seals and gaskets.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EasySpeed*Inc View Post

Bingo, you have to take advantage of the bits that let you get creative, keeps things fun. It takes a little time and money but anyone can do this kind of stuff its just a process

:thumbsup

Good shit dude!
                Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• yes.
                  FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE

Comment

• Originally posted by EasySpeed*Inc View Post
                    I must admit I forgot to add the photos of the one way check valves I installed to prevent said problems. Could it be possible your friend may have installed them backwards? To me that would be the only plausible way you could create a positive pressure strong enough to damage seals and gaskets.
                    I can say for sure it was mounted the rightway. the issue there is, no matter what way it is installed if you buildup pressure. it will pressurize the breather. altho if you have 1way valve in it then that wont apply, tbh i almost asked that will you add one of those..

In case of normal breather, there is no positive pressure(only little if some) from breather meaning if there is pressure on exhaust it will move onto space where there is no pressure, in this case the breather. In your case, not sure about the piping size, just quessing that the final pipesize is about 4" and the wastegate pipe 2"? and exhaust 3.5"? meaning that even with the 2" wastegate pipe inside the 4" exhaust the area of flow is pretty much the same as 3.5" so it wont have constrict.

4"=12,56"^2 area of flow..
                    3,5"=9,62"^2
                    2"=3,14"^2

Comment

• Every custom build has to have a few Ls components

I have decided to go with Ls 585 coils since I am going stand alone it should be a nice reliable addition

photo DSC01838.jpg

The only problem with them is how awkwardly shaped they are

photo DSC01849.jpg

Few test placements to see how I want to position them

photo DSC01865.jpg

They fill the valve cover humps decently l think

photo DSC01864.jpg

photo DSC01868.jpg

Keeping it simple and utilizing the factory cage, but chucking the the main frame

photo DSC01857.jpg

The cage is literally being welded to a more simplified brace

photo DSC01853.jpg

Like this

photo DSC02021.jpg

A few lugs welded onto the valve covers and a stainless 1/4" bar molded to the Ls coil cage

photo DSC02019.jpg

photo DSC02013.jpg

photo DSC02011.jpg

Starting to look gnarly
                      sigpic

Comment

• Damn I wish I could fabricate as well as you man. This car is totally spectacular. Also is that an m5 in the background in the first picture?

Comment

• Something cool is brewing (VIDEO CONTENT )

I will first start out with saying that this is more of an aesthetic update since we will be making this bell mouth out of a non conventional material

photo DSC02074.jpg

The machine before you is a glass lathe and if coupled with large portions of your life can create some interesting things, especially if you have been doing it for as long as the man that made this for me

photo 2014-01-31_16-03-27_785.jpg

I had to use my phone for most shots so they are not the best, but in my defense I needed to help with holding torches/tools and try not to get in the way

photo 2014-01-31_16-13-35_580.jpg

Outer body of the bell mouth being established

photo 2014-01-31_16-21-47_675.jpg

First cut

photo 2014-01-31_16-22-34_154.jpg

Finished outer

photo 2014-01-31_16-54-14_680.jpg

Removing excess material

photo 2014-02-07_16-12-36_342.jpg

Preheating

photo 2014-02-07_16-22-08_442.jpg

Internal portion of the bell being finessed, they use graphite tooling as to not scratch or stick

photo 2014-02-07_16-24-06_414.jpg

More finessing

photo 2014-02-07_16-24-12_886.jpg

Just like in welding helmets you need to wear shaded glasses at all times so I placed the shades over my camera to see the effect

photo 2014-02-07_16-25-54_439.jpg

Measure twice as they say

photo 2014-02-07_16-28-14_103.jpg

Cut then flared

photo 2014-02-07_16-30-24_825.jpg

Skipped a few steps (I had to hold many, many things) but here it is after the inner and outer pieces were conjoined

photo 2014-02-19_17-09-45_496.jpg

I know the glass intake/bell mouth has been done before but I was never impressed by any of them. They basically take a glass tube and flare the end, pretty boring. But now going through this process I understand why. Its ridiculously difficult on all fronts, from the knowledge required to the massive expense of the equipment needed

photo 2014-02-19_17-42-14_143.jpg

Its a beautiful thing when an idea comes to fruition

photo 2014-02-19_17-28-48_260.jpg

You might be wondering why its two pieces and the simple answer is you cant really do inverted flares with glass. It would create a lot of stress and more than likely thin out so much so that the glass would become unstable

Also just so we are clear none of the actual glass/lathe work is my doing, I would need decades of pure glass experience on an industrial level to do this, it was just an idea I had and was lucky enough to know peeps that did

Any who back to my boring section of the build

As you can see it is complete now and back in my shop!

photo DSC00792.jpg

Basically we kept the mounting simple, just a little flare wrapped in a rubber isolation gasket to keep the glass from touching the turbo

photo DSC00793.jpg

photo DSC00790.jpg

Amazed at how precise this thing is

photo DSC00795.jpg

Now its the turbos turn

photo DSC00765.jpg

Had to cut her down a bit

photo DSC00769.jpg

So I could fit it on the lathes 12in throw

photo DSC00770.jpg

And yes this was as terrifying as one could imagine spinning a turbo housing at 500 rpm, but that ridge had to be machined for better fit dammit!

photo DSC00787.jpg

V band

photo DSC00784.jpg

Machine everything

photo DSC00805.jpg

Worth the trouble for that fit

photo DSC00812.jpg

photo DSC00776.jpg

Preheat then weld time

photo DSC00820.jpg

photo DSC00819.jpg

photo DSC02058.jpg

photo DSC02062.jpg

I don't mean to toot my own horn but I think this tops the Gnar charts

Hopefully this tickles your fancy because it was a stupid amount of work, Oh ya since I love this forum and everyone here so much I also have a video on Youtube that I would definitely suggest watching

Here is the link
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcY9OH4Asgw
                          Last edited by EasySpeed*Inc; 09-05-2015, 12:05 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• This build keeps getting better and crazier

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

• oh my actual fucks.

this is absolutely incredible!

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

• I cant even put into words how impressed I am by that... Missile my ass

Comment

Working...
                                X