Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: project daily ( e36 content) no bags here

Default project daily ( e36 content) no bags here

well my boston green e36 died. a couple months back, so after searching around i picked up this 1993 325is, for $2000. it is by no means a perfect car but was well maintained.

this is it i polished the headlamps yesterday and ground down the numbs that come on oem BMW lamps. the previous owner had fulling tinted tails on the car, thats coll and all but i do live in Taxsachusetts, where you must pass a fairly strict inspection. i swaped the tails with the ones off my BG e36.( now the donor car)

you can see the blacked out ones on the green car next to it.
    ohh yea the car does have a full coil over suspension. any guesses on what brand? BIG hint its not ebay or race land coil overs either..

Comments are much appreciated, and more than welcome.
    Last edited by mo diesil; 04-04-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

im swapping the cooling systems from the 328is to the 325is today. made a pulley tool yesterday also going to flush the trans fluid.
    after i get inspection today i will be doing for mods and upgrades. as massachussets wants all cars stock. they are very strict in my area

massive potential, keep it going. What kind of coils are they?

pss9's did the performance with my 328is now im rebuilding the m52 might stoke it if i get some good cash flow. but im butting effort into the ride and stance for the 325is . this car will be the recipient of the zf trans and m52

looks like a nice buy im liking it! looks like curiosity killed the cat tho!
    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

hahaha yea, damn cat. i should have a update with some good pics in a day or so also have some interior shots.

so today was nice out. i got high performance coils and boots in from bavauto, money well spent i will add not sure of power gains or anything but good buy. considering the coils that where on the motor where 3 bremi and 3 zundspule.

ohh yea did i mention they where apparently held together with electrical tape.
    this being a 93 the door cards where shot and held together with wood screws(this is more common than i thought it turns out) any how the door cards from the 328 where in good shape so i refreshed them a bit and... the drivers door card should be on tomorrow the people who had this car before me meshed the hell outa the speaker wiring so im screwing with that been rolling with no door card, as i un wood screwed it. i also pulled the side skirts off the 328 then installed my intake setup from the 329 went smoothly had to cut the intake tube a bit to fit the different angles of the m50 setup.
    ohh yea and i made a custom horn bracket there both down there though you cant really tell

Nice, but God I **** those e46 rep wheels with a passion, so youre parting the 328?

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

yea man the car actually is sitting on 18x9 on rears and the 16x8 up front ima do a few photo shots tomorrow the car also has a green hood on it now and i put the ACS roof lip on.

and yes i am parting the 328is. im some what looking for a good set of 16s or 17s
    ill prob through on the eyelids i just painted black to match the car.
    but i love the coil overs rides and handles so nice ouh and the flushness doesn't hurt

figured id put this up i got the boson green hood on. theres a night shot and one quik snap from when i wa out side working on the cars today.

Why did you swap the hoods? planning on going lower?
    E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
    E36 M3 Mugello rot
    GEN2 TUNDRA CM
    https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

the black one had some rust on it im going to fix, im also going to make a boser style hood. yea i could realistically go lower at any time,but the road are very bad where i live so i cant go low and drive as a daily. why you don't like the Boston green hood? i have defiantly never seen another e36 with this combo. the trunks will also be swapped so i can fix the rust areas on the black one. i also don't really care for the wing.
    Last edited by mo diesil; 04-03-2010 at 06:30 PM.

ohh yea props to the person who spots what type of wing is on my car!!!!!!!

just a few snaps from today

these are the seats ill be takeing out of my other car. im thinking about getting them reapolstered, but i will have to see what funds are looking like. Most money im saving for parts to rebuild my m52 motor and put it in the 325is
    Last edited by mo diesil; 04-03-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mo diesil View Post
    the black one had some rust on it im going to fix, im also going to make a boser style hood. yea i could realistically go lower at any time,but the road are very bad where i live so i cant go low and drive as a daily. why you don't like the Boston green hood? i have defiantly never seen another e36 with this combo. the trunks will also be swapped so i can fix the rust areas on the black one. i also don't really care for the wing.
    Don't play the my roads are shitty game... I'm from MA and my gf is from western ma. You said you were on PSS-9's? slam it... then go rage rt. 202
    E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
    E36 M3 Mugello rot
    GEN2 TUNDRA CM
    https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

yea im trying to get different rims as of now, yea i remember trying to go look at you e36 you were selling but you sold it and then i picked this one up.

Looks like a good start. Keep up the good work....

i rewired the whole speaker system. the PO really messed up the wiring so i just ran all new wires. i also put a sub and amp in that my friend gave me for a tv i got for free. any one need a coupe interior? im swapping in my other interior. ohh my car had a fat lip so .........
    got the 235's on back pretty low

not bad. Looks good. I just clean up my wiring also on mine. Cant wait to see it finished

thanks, much appreciated ive seen your M3 and thats done clean, i sometimes question what people are thinking when they do wiring. yea this should a fairly long build, im rebuilding my m52 motor for a turbo setup and it will be in this car.
    ALSO in one of these picture you see the roof lip on the car and i lost that going down RT.21 i might find it as i drive this road regularly but who knows. it no big loss really.

if anyone has some input on things to do to the car let me know im open to suggestions.

Honda Civic wing

Have Paypal ready

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

lol wrong not a honda wing close though

Quote Originally Posted by mo diesil View Post
    i rewired the whole speaker system. the PO really messed up the wiring so i just ran all new wires.

Nice! I'm about to tackle the same issue. What gauge(s) did you go with?

Looking good

-Paul

i believe it was 3. actually once you start you can push right through the long process. i had to do every speaker, tweeter and head unit. i also took out the crappy speakers/tweets that the PO had in stalled. they weren't even the right size. so i swapped in the ones from the 328. really wish i could of use the factory wiring

Almost looks like an old Volvo 850 wing... not sure on the center part but it looks similar to the wing that came on the Turbos...

Project looks good, making progress is key and not allowing the car to sit untouched for too long and get sidetracked. Just keep chugging along and it'll be done in no-time.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

so yesterday i spent some more time on the BG e36 then i clean up the exhaust system. i only got this half off now as im going to be pulling the motor of the 328 to rebuild it. the 95 M3 exhaust that was on the car was have as hell. how much do these go for? im probably selling to someone, its all oem. new pypes are much much lighter .21
    i like the DTM tips, the exhaust is from UUC . ill try to get a video at some point

as for the wing no it is not from a volvo. think JDM......
    Last edited by mo diesil; 04-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.