I tried everything I could think of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried everything I could think of.

I tried to find a better location than trees. I shot in Raw. I tried different perspectives. I did some editing. (I didn't wash the car though)

What do you guys think? I'm trying to bring my pictures up onto a "higher" level if you will. Trying to see what I'm missing.

Shot with d40 and 18-55mm and 55-200mm. No really nice equipment here.

The pics look good to me, buuuuut I dunno shit lol

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      The pics look good to me, buuuuut I dunno shit lol
      Buuuuuuut you have a fucking sick car. Thanks!

Comment

I think the second shot is money.

Try to watch out for weird shadows and keep shooting. Your composition isn't bad at all and sometimes the best location is right in front of you. Don't get caught up in the setting, the car is the focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
          I think the second shot is money.

Try to watch out for weird shadows and keep shooting. Your composition isn't bad at all and sometimes the best location is right in front of you. Don't get caught up in the setting, the car is the focus.
          I have lots of shots of just the car but I've been trying to find background that bring it out or fit in more. Something different than trees or roadway. But yes, you're right.

Weird shadows were definitely a pain, an overcast day would ahve worked really well at this location...

And second shot is my favorite too, I got kicked off (apparently it's a top secret private building owned by... qwest. ) but ran back and snapped that shot really quick with a lens change.

Comment

One of my favorite shots.

5 feet from where I park.

Comment

Money.
              -Brandon
              E46 No More..
              Her Concise History:
              http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

Obviously try to avoid shooting in harsh sunlight. Morning, overcast, or dusk work great. Always have the wheels turned towards the camera. Use your flash for fill. Use rule of thirds...

Those are some off the top of my head. Honestly looks like you have them down. Maybe they don't look like Mikes shots, but hey, I still say they are pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
                  Obviously try to avoid shooting in harsh sunlight. Morning, overcast, or dusk work great. Always have the wheels turned towards the camera. Use your flash for fill. Use rule of thirds...

Those are some off the top of my head. Honestly looks like you have them down. Maybe they don't look like Mikes shots, but hey, I still say they are pretty damn good.
                  Thanks. I'm working on improving them... I guess practice is what it takes to get to the magazine level. It's not really a career I have in mind or anything I just want to keep improving.

Comment

Composition is good, lighting is good, exposure is good. 2 is your strongest shot and i'd say 3 is your weakest. But they're all good, i like em'!

Comment

Fuck I love your car.
                      Originally posted by da3bous
                      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                        Fuck I love your car.
                        That is because the only thing you can see are the pictures. Not the scratches, dents, etc.

Thanks for the input guys. Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                        X