Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E81 Build

Hey Guys,

So I bought my car about a year ago and its still a work in Progress, So I thought I would start a build thread to show you my current progress,

Here is the car the day I got it, as you can see my girlfriend is very well trained.

Okay, so the first modification to the car was on the interior, when I had the car it had a horrible walnut dash insert etc. so I got them wrapped in carbon and and bought myself some alcantara Extras.

The next thing was to lower the car and buy some new shoes. I am currently running on Weitec coilovers, soon to be KW V3 and VMR replicas, FOR NOW.

So after I had lowered the car it was time to concentrate on the body work. I bought myself some Msport Front and rear Bumpers and some Halo Headlights.

Next was the carbon bits, Bought myself some BMWP Carbon Mirrors and Splitters.

Okay as im a keen cyclist, trying to get my road bike in the back of the car was not a pretty sight, so I set out to buy myself a roof rack, here is the result.

Don't think it looks to bad with the roof rack, look pretty mean. Next was a carbon rear diffuser.

Think this really sets the back end off, I need to get a 130i exhaust system, the car looks stupid with the tiny diesel exhaust. But I haven't got round to doing this yet however it is on the list. The next mod was Matte black kidney grilles.

Think this makes the whole front end look so much more aggressive.
    The most recent purchase was some Recaro Buckets out of a Corsa VXR, Looking to fit them this weekend.

Think these will look awesome in the car, i'm then going to get the whole interior retrimmed.

Hope you all like what iv done so far.
    Last edited by Ratcliffe33; 01-07-2014, 04:34 PM.

Looks pretty good dude, all I would say is maybe throw some spacers on!
    Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
    Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
    This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

Originally posted by BenVAG View Post
      Looks pretty good dude, all I would say is maybe throw some spacers on!
      Thanks dude, im looking at getting some new wheels soon anyway, looking at some Rotiforms, then I shall set it up properly, camber, spacers etc.

Comment

Nice one. I was thinking about getting one of those instead of the passat a while ago.

Is it a petrol or diesel?

G.

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

Originally posted by Zacne_4 View Post
          Nice one. I was thinking about getting one of those instead of the passat a while ago.

Is it a petrol or diesel?

G.
          Its a really nice car to be fair! Its a diesel, does around 650 miles per tank! love it.

Comment

Well tried to fit the seats last night and they are too wide, they were catching on the centre console. so now im on the hunt for some 1M seats.

Comment

1M seats?

Good on you for taking up the challenge! Rocking horse and poo spring to my mind though...

I know it would not be nearly as 'special' but why not try to get some nice sport leather seats? Normally they are pretty good. You may even get lucky and get them in the right color?

Greg

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

Yeh they are a straight swap, no hassling round re drilling etc.

I am looking at some Recaro CS seats and the right base frame for my car and then I'm going to get the whole car re-trimmed in alcantara and black!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratcliffe33 View Post
                  Yeh they are a straight swap, no hassling round re drilling etc.

I am looking at some Recaro CS seats and the right base frame for my car and then I'm going to get the whole car re-trimmed in alcantara and black!
                  From my understanding the 1M seats and 128i/135i sport seats are the same. The 1M seats are black with orange stitching whereas the 128i/135i seats come in multiple colors.

I wish the hatch had come over here to the states. I'll just have to stick with my coupe
                  2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

looks good, I really love these cars

Comment

Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
                      From my understanding the 1M seats and 128i/135i sport seats are the same. The 1M seats are black with orange stitching whereas the 128i/135i seats come in multiple colors.

I wish the hatch had come over here to the states. I'll just have to stick with my coupe
                      I cant believe you guys don't get them!!

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                      looks good, I really love these cars
                      Thankyouuuu

Comment

So im getting quoted this week on the re-trim so hopefully get that done before christmas.

There is a few more things iv got planned.

First is to buy some Rotiform TMB's streched tyres etc. etc. Then there is the Miltek bmw 123d exhaust system, im not too sure about the BMW Performance front splitters, so im thinking about the 3D Design front splitter.

Comment

Love the route you're going with this, keep at it. Can't wait to see the TMBs. You're very lucky you can get the 1 series wagon, wish we had them in the states!
                          Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
                          Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202
                          70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Comment

Originally posted by EDM92 View Post
                            Love the route you're going with this, keep at it. Can't wait to see the TMBs. You're very lucky you can get the 1 series wagon, wish we had them in the states!
                            Thanks dude! Yeh my cousins wish they could get the hatch too, although I am jealous of their 135's! family of 1 series

I am ordering the Rotiform's today, not going for the TMB's I'm going to order a set of SJC's

Comment

Nice ride dude ! Keep this way !
                              sigpic

|| - Lowered 320i E36 Sedan - ARKTISGRAU-Metallic - ||

Instagram :: district_ride

Comment

Working...
                              X