Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW E81 Build

Default BMW E81 Build (with a few tractors)

Hey Guys,

So I bought my car about a year ago and its still a work in Progress, So I thought I would start a build thread to show you my current progress,

Here is the car the day I got it, as you can see my girlfriend is very well trained.

Okay, so the first modification to the car was on the interior, when I had the car it had a horrible walnut dash insert etc. so I got them wrapped in carbon and and bought myself some alcantara Extras.

The next thing was to lower the car and buy some new shoes. I am currently running on Weitec coilovers, soon to be KW V3 and VMR replicas, FOR NOW.

So after I had lowered the car it was time to concentrate on the body work. I bought myself some Msport Front and rear Bumpers and some Halo Headlights.

Next was the carbon bits, Bought myself some BMWP Carbon Mirrors and Splitters.

Okay as im a keen cyclist, trying to get my road bike in the back of the car was not a pretty sight, so I set out to buy myself a roof rack, here is the result.

Don't think it looks to bad with the roof rack, look pretty mean. Next was a carbon rear diffuser.

Think this really sets the back end off, I need to get a 130i exhaust system, the car looks stupid with the tiny diesel exhaust. But I haven't got round to doing this yet however it is on the list. The next mod was Matte black kidney grilles.

Think this makes the whole front end look so much more aggressive.
    The most recent purchase was some Recaro Buckets out of a Corsa VXR, Looking to fit them this weekend.

Think these will look awesome in the car, i'm then going to get the whole interior retrimmed.

Hope you all like what iv done so far.
    Last edited by Ratcliffe33; 01-07-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Looks pretty good dude, all I would say is maybe throw some spacers on!
    Instagram: @ask83n

Quote Originally Posted by DragginWagon View Post
    Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
    This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Quote Originally Posted by BenVAG View Post
    Looks pretty good dude, all I would say is maybe throw some spacers on!
    Thanks dude, im looking at getting some new wheels soon anyway, looking at some Rotiforms, then I shall set it up properly, camber, spacers etc.

Nice one. I was thinking about getting one of those instead of the passat a while ago.

Is it a petrol or diesel?

G.

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Quote Originally Posted by Zacne_4 View Post
    Nice one. I was thinking about getting one of those instead of the passat a while ago.

Is it a petrol or diesel?

G.
    Its a really nice car to be fair! Its a diesel, does around 650 miles per tank! love it.

Well tried to fit the seats last night and they are too wide, they were catching on the centre console. so now im on the hunt for some 1M seats.

1M seats?

Good on you for taking up the challenge! Rocking horse and poo spring to my mind though...

I know it would not be nearly as 'special' but why not try to get some nice sport leather seats? Normally they are pretty good. You may even get lucky and get them in the right color?

Greg

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Yeh they are a straight swap, no hassling round re drilling etc.

I am looking at some Recaro CS seats and the right base frame for my car and then I'm going to get the whole car re-trimmed in alcantara and black!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratcliffe33 View Post
    Yeh they are a straight swap, no hassling round re drilling etc.

I am looking at some Recaro CS seats and the right base frame for my car and then I'm going to get the whole car re-trimmed in alcantara and black!
    From my understanding the 1M seats and 128i/135i sport seats are the same. The 1M seats are black with orange stitching whereas the 128i/135i seats come in multiple colors.

I wish the hatch had come over here to the states. I'll just have to stick with my coupe

looks good, I really love these cars

Quote Originally Posted by fifty3bags View Post
    From my understanding the 1M seats and 128i/135i sport seats are the same. The 1M seats are black with orange stitching whereas the 128i/135i seats come in multiple colors.

I wish the hatch had come over here to the states. I'll just have to stick with my coupe
    I cant believe you guys don't get them!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTynosaur View Post
    looks good, I really love these cars
    Thankyouuuu

So im getting quoted this week on the re-trim so hopefully get that done before christmas.

There is a few more things iv got planned.

First is to buy some Rotiform TMB's streched tyres etc. etc. Then there is the Miltek bmw 123d exhaust system, im not too sure about the BMW Performance front splitters, so im thinking about the 3D Design front splitter.

Love the route you're going with this, keep at it. Can't wait to see the TMBs. You're very lucky you can get the 1 series wagon, wish we had them in the states!
    Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
    Instagram: bmwforlife

Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post
    70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Quote Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
    Love the route you're going with this, keep at it. Can't wait to see the TMBs. You're very lucky you can get the 1 series wagon, wish we had them in the states!
    Thanks dude! Yeh my cousins wish they could get the hatch too, although I am jealous of their 135's! family of 1 series

I am ordering the Rotiform's today, not going for the TMB's I'm going to order a set of SJC's

Nice ride dude ! Keep this way !
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65440&dateline=142133  2508

|| - Lowered 320i E36 Sedan - ARKTISGRAU-Metallic - ||

Instagram :: district_ride

Quote Originally Posted by jeger View Post
    Nice ride dude ! Keep this way !
    Thanks man!

Been a while since I last posted anything so just thought id hit you with what iv got planned in the next few weeks.

The Rotiform SJC's are due in around 6 weeks (seriously cannot wait for these to arrive) Im getting the arches flared in a few weeks too, need to get his done before I put the wheels on!

I'm also looking at getting some 1M mirrors for her, something small but don't see too many people with this mod. I'm going to get the interior re-trimmed in a couple of weeks too, I like the lemon leather just don't think it suits what I am doing with the car so I'm going for a deep red leather. Going to take the BMWP Handbrake and Gear stick out and put in some MSport ones in and get them re-trimmed also. As well as getting the Msport Handbrake and Gear stick I think im going to get an Msport steering wheel, something iv been think about for a while and think it will transform the inside once its all done.

Outside its pretty much done, other than the wheels and flaring the arches the only thing I need to do is get the Miltek 123D exhaust system fitted and get the car re-mapped! Soooooooo within 2 months the car SHOULD be finished...

Well I thought id upload a few more pictures from my winter break. The weather here in the UK was awful over Christmas, I think we had two days without rain!

I was visiting a family member in hospital and got back and this douche had decide to park like this. Opened his door and dented my door! Not happy.

After I got over the shock of my car being hurt in the hospital I thought I would give it a long awaited bath.

Then Guess what?! It started to rain... and then hail.

And after one day of driving.... Its back to the state it was in before I washed it! The joys of living in Wales.

oh man this looks sweet!
    Not low, just slow.

Car' is looking great reminds me a lot of my ex e81
    Daily driver / track toy

2008 bmw e81 sportshatch

Project car

1985 mk2 golf

Quote Originally Posted by tundmatu View Post
    oh man this looks sweet!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by thuggie View Post
    Car' is looking great reminds me a lot of my ex e81
    Thank you! I love the car

Steering wheel is arriving today so should have a few pictures up tonight!

Good start already

As promised here is an update. Its not a very big one but i think its made a huge difference to the interior of the car.

This is before i took the wheel off, Standard es steering wheel.

Half way through the swap.

And here is the Msport wheel. Really happy with the outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Good start already
    Thanks man!