this^^^

http://www.mvip.com.au
      clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
        we need more benz' on this forum!!!
        Originally posted by Marsss View Post
        this^^^
        You guys need to buy more benz' then? i already got 2 that both are shown here. so im doing my share of the benz'n around here
        Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
        Now: MB W211 320cdi
        Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

i like that you're working on a 190e
          i like that you're giving it a full overhaul.
          i've read your other build thread so i know you what you're doing.
          turbo 190e = sex
          but i just can't get into it. im not a purist at all (putting an ls1 in my 190e soon) but the idea of a bmw motor in a 190e isn't my thing.
          regardless, ill still be watching this and liking what you do. keep it up!
          Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
            i like that you're working on a 190e
            i like that you're giving it a full overhaul.
            i've read your other build thread so i know you what you're doing.
            turbo 190e = sex
            but i just can't get into it. im not a purist at all (putting an ls1 in my 190e soon) but the idea of a bmw motor in a 190e isn't my thing.
            regardless, ill still be watching this and liking what you do. keep it up!
            LS would be wicked! but the driverside manifold will be problem cause of the steering bits.

That kind of swap would not be street legal here. but the M50 Turbo will be which is kinda crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Exami View Post
              LS would be wicked! but the driverside manifold will be problem cause of the steering bits.
              There's a solution for everything...

HOOD-EXIT!
              Lucas
              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
              Originally posted by LCG
              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Bits n' bobs
                Not sure what to share or dare i share it.. i know my previous stuff have stayed together and worked well but this time I'm pushing my self and my skill to kinda limit. When ever it seems i might know even remotely that i know what im doing its not sure. But the sure thing is i know how to use caliper and take measurements..

So i started the rear sub frame modification first of all things bolt up the old diff, plan a some kind of jig to make the pieces stay as they 'should'?

Make sure the jig parts are welded properly!

And start hacking the subframe!

And after hacking fit the new diff and think "what the heck im doing? is there easier way?"

And for sobbing a bit you start getting hold of your self and start making new mounts for the diff!

Might not be the prettiest thing in the world but its welded pretty tough from both inside and outside to make sure. and its made out of 5mm thick industrial steel

Anyway after that i had to make a plan how to make it attach to the subframe once again..
                so making some kind of plan here..

At this point i all i knew i had to check all measurements after every single bit of weld many times. just to make sure.. after a while it started looking quite good, well im happy about it.

After that it was time for the rear 'mounts' as this diff sits in BMW its only by a 4 bolts on front and 1 from back.. well i needed to make a different plan as i hacked the subframes rear wall pretty badly i needed to get some strength to it and make sure the diff stays where it supposed.. I planned something like this:

So 4 bolts to diff and 1 for the rear cover.. and those 4 are the same that holds the rear cover of course, should stay on even on harsh ride?

End product before paint seems something like this:

And for the bobs of the update..

I started cleaning the shittiest rust fixes out, not going to weld them shut yet cause i need to drop the rollcage trough the floor...
                Start:

And the rusty bits out..

Woah that was a hefty story hope you like it

Comment

You are making good progress!

Keep up the good work!

G.

Sent from my mobile apple command iCenter

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

im gonna be doing something similar with the subframe, as i plan on using a 4:10 skyline diff. good work on that!
                    and steering rack is easy, rack and pinion rack from a w211 e class and shorty headers
                    Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
                      im gonna be doing something similar with the subframe, as i plan on using a 4:10 skyline diff. good work on that!
                      and steering rack is easy, rack and pinion rack from a w211 e class and shorty headers
                      I hope you start project topic aswell here in stanceworks! as you told about the W211 steering rack, i found out that some guys around the world has used W210 steering rack to fit V8 engines to W201, there is not whole alot information about it.

It will be quite a some project of its own to make sure the steering geometry stays the same with the steering rack. cause of that and as i've tested the MB oem steering system with BMW powersteering ill stay with things that will work for now!

Comment

Something, something
                        Not a real update, just about what i've collected

New M52B28 Crank.

New Borgwarner S300SX

Test on current benz enginebay :P

And also tested tig-welding rollcage pipes

Comment

Time to continue where we leftoff.
                          So last update was about fitting the new diff to subframe, now we are continuing with the chassis it self.

So after stripping it was time to start cleaning it!

Process started like this:

This was sodablast, it woudn't take the rust protection layers out from the chassis, but thats fine as it was in quite good shape, but on places where was rust it took everything out.

So after blasting chassis was pretty much full of soda.. so then i washed it just by water..

After that started planing for new engine mounts, will do them over the "original" motormounts, not like the previous build

Plan:

So i made the original hole for bolt bit bigger..

Welded 5mm metal plate over it to make the mount more durable.

Next up: Enginebay modifications, roof modifications, rear wheel housing to fit bigger tires

Comment

Another week another update
                            Seems this topic going to follow my other build topics, monolog updating. No matter. Updates will come.

So started to make some motormounts(altho i cannot mount motor before i get my gearbox)

How close they are to the mounts.

And same time test fitment looked like this

And i already knew there is small issue in engine bay.. here it is.

To solve the issue and make quite alot more room for manifold + downpipe..

And also started making somekind of plan for the manifold + downpipe
                            First i needed to take some measurements..
                            so test fitting the turbo in enginebay with engine

And after couple hours @ computer..

This is not the final as its too complicated, but the runners are pretty close to same lenghts etc.

will see what i get done this week for the weekend update
                            Last edited by Exami; 11-26-2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Love the build, and keep the updates coming,
                              You would have more action in here, if you got a better thread title. Something that tell better what you are doing here with all the turbo, bmw power and chassis awesomeness.
                              To be honest i just clicked on here by accident But i was surprised how cool this is.
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                                Love the build, and keep the updates coming,
                                You would have more action in here, if you got a better thread title. Something that tell better what you are doing here with all the turbo, bmw power and chassis awesomeness.
                                To be honest i just clicked on here by accident But i was surprised how cool this is.
                                Nah, those who has followed my stuff previously might find this aswell. If the build is awesome enought action will come

Comment

Working...
                                X