bent fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent fender

So during a long drive, I hit a bird in the middle of the road. Once I got home, i realized both of my fenders look like this. I told my other automotive friend what happened and he said that a plastic bumper would never be strong enough to bend the metal fenders. So I guess my first question is, how the hell did this happen? I bottom out every now and then, but my tires never touch the front fenders. Could the front bumper bend the fenders by coming into contact of the ground? And also, could I neatly fix this with a heat gun and rubber mallet, or would it be best to just leave it alone?

Originally posted by High_5er
    Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

First of all, you're not off to a great start under your new username, this is another pointless thread that could've been solved with some Googling. I'm sure they've told you this on every forum you've been on, SEARCH.

Second, because I'm nice, I'll help you out. Your fenders look like that because they've been rolled. The arches of your fenders have been pulled out, but down in the corner there wasn't, so it doesn't have the same line as it used to. This happens on almost every car that has rolled fenders. Just leave it alone. If you plan on getting the car painted (at a quality paint shop, no MAACO) have them fix all the dings and dents at the same time, and they should fix this for you as well. It's no use in fucking up your paint further with a mallet and heat gun, or even taking the risk.
    Originally posted by Kyle_Eagleton
    Come to America. We have no rules. And plenty of fast food.

Comment

Hey celi's back! Go away.

But in all seriousness, just leave it alone. Attempting to fix it yourself will only make it worse.
      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Codidly View Post
        First of all, you're not off to a great start under your new username, this is another pointless thread that could've been solved with some Googling. I'm sure they've told you this on every forum you've been on, SEARCH.

Second, because I'm nice, I'll help you out. Your fenders look like that because they've been rolled. The arches of your fenders have been pulled out, but down in the corner there wasn't, so it doesn't have the same line as it used to. This happens on almost every car that has rolled fenders. Just leave it alone. If you plan on getting the car painted (at a quality paint shop, no MAACO) have them fix all the dings and dents at the same time, and they should fix this for you as well. It's no use in fucking up your paint further with a mallet and heat gun, or even taking the risk.
        Thanks! I do plan on getting it painted in the future. But as it will be a buddy giving me a good deal, I won't ask him to fix anything, and I'll do the body work myself. If I fuck the fenders up, theres actually a scrap yard a few miles down the road with multiple celicas totaled from behind, which means their front fenders are good.

edit: you mentioned that it's because the fenders were rolled, but not the corners. If I get my hands on a fender roller, do you think I'd be able to pull that out a little? or just straight up don't touch it? keep in mind i'm not completely mechanically inept. If someone gives me the steps and the tools, as long as it's not welding, I can pretty much do it
        Last edited by Omnious; 11-03-2013, 05:42 PM.

Originally posted by High_5er
        Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

Like what was already said dont mess with it.

If anything you will make it more noticeable. The only way to "fix" this problem is to get new fenders
          Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

wait, did you buy the car already with rolled fenders?
            if not...
            how would you not notice that the fender/ bumper gap changed when it was done?

if the fenders are actually not rolled it is possible that from entering/ exiting steep driveways at an angle for it to push in the fender and/or possibly warp the bumpers ends due to it flexing and mess up the gap. just depends on how the car was constructed.

but judging by how much i can see under your car i would say that you would not have much trouble with getting out of driveways
            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
            Got Drop??

Comment

So did you take the sig pic after the 'incident'? The gap looks the same to me, maybe it was just that you have noticed it now and it was always like that

Comment

Working...
              X