Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '93 240 (Volvos can be cool too right?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
    As much as I would love to just slam the snot out of it, I have to be realistic and keep a bit of ride height so I can navigate all the terrible roads around me haha. That being said, I am planning on dropping the rear to the height of the front (maybe -2 or -3 inches). The big change will be the sawblades, which will need 50mm adapters at least. They are et56 I think, and the car uses et20 or et25 stock. So rolled fenders and stretched tires here I come. So I would say I am leaning towards functionality, but I definitely want some form in there too.
    Have fun rolling the rear fenders. Holy mother of god does it suck. I suggest cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch3d' View Post
      Have fun rolling the rear fenders. Holy mother of god does it suck. I suggest cutting.
      Really? Crap. Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely resort to whatever is easiest.
      My Build:

Comment

Volvo, turbo plans, whats not to love?! Looking forward to future updates!

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
          As much as I would love to just slam the snot out of it, I have to be realistic and keep a bit of ride height so I can navigate all the terrible roads around me haha. That being said, I am planning on dropping the rear to the height of the front (maybe -2 or -3 inches). The big change will be the sawblades, which will need 50mm adapters at least. They are et56 I think, and the car uses et20 or et25 stock. So rolled fenders and stretched tires here I come. So I would say I am leaning towards functionality, but I definitely want some form in there too.
          They're a tad expensive, but you could always go with the broadway statics with the 2 inch adjustable cushions. basically an "oh shit" cushion.

Originally posted by High_5er
          Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

Last edited by philohlean; 09-01-2022, 04:21 PM.
            My Build:

Comment

Looking forward to it! I can't wait for the day I can get a nice wheel. Before I lose the airbag, my dad is making me get a harness first. For that, I need racing seats and a harness bar -__-

needless to say, long way off.

Originally posted by High_5er
              Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnious View Post
                Looking forward to it! I can't wait for the day I can get a nice wheel. Before I lose the airbag, my dad is making me get a harness first. For that, I need racing seats and a harness bar -__-

needless to say, long way off.
                Hahaha actually my dad was reluctant to get me the wheel for my birthday for that very reason! But I figured what the hell, it's a volvo. Doesn't really get much safer than that, airbag or not. I'm definitely pumped to put it on
                My Build:

Comment

Wheel ideas?

My Build:

Comment

Update!
                    Did indeed get the steering wheel, however I am having difficulties installing it. Not positive the momo adapter will be quite as "bolt-on" as I was hoping........
                    Also began refinishing the wheels. Getting the clearcoat off sucked s***. They are all primed and waiting for paint, but I haven't decided what I want to do to them yet .
                    Also, running out of money quickly
                    Last edited by philohlean; 06-06-2020, 12:09 PM.
                    My Build:

Comment

volvos ARE cool!!!

this one is especially so. Nice work sir
                      Like a glove

Comment

My Build:

Comment

dig the color on the salad shooters. should look dope

Comment

cant wait to see them on. goo djob.

Comment

Get these wheels on! :-)

Transmetropolitan IG: Awful_Hero
                              FB: Unfriendly.Garage The Volvo Wagon Build *SW*

Comment

Originally posted by Awful Hero View Post
                                Get these wheels on! :-)
                                I am dying to at least test fit them in the few weeks or so. Have to wait until I go home. Unfortunately I don't have tires and can't figure out what size spacers I should buy so I get as close to flush as I can with rolled/cut fenders.

Originally posted by j.money View Post
                                cant wait to see them on. goo djob.
                                Thanks!

Originally posted by teejsauce View Post
                                dig the color on the salad shooters. should look dope
                                It definitely wasn't what I had originally planned on, but I like it a lot now. Thanks!
                                My Build:

Comment

Working...
                                X