Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '93 240 (Volvos can be cool too right?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '93 240 (Volvos can be cool too right?)

Last edited by philohlean; 09-01-2022, 04:22 PM.
    My Build:

potential! cant wait to see that garret put in. sub'd

Originally posted by High_5er
    Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

this is gonna be good
      Steelow
      IG: @al_swank

Comment

sweet, yeah i got my wagon last september or october haha, im planning on +T also, but i got stuck with lh3.1 so im gonna have to switch it to 2.4 first..

hell yeah for first car 240's sub'd

Comment

awesome...How hard is it to +turbo? I have a nice strong 93 b230f that i'd like to +t and drop in my 245. I think the only difference between a +t and n/a is sodium filled valves and dished pistons...maybe bigger diameter rods too...

heres mine

Welp nothing special but I figured I'd post a few pics on here. Got this 245 about 7 years ago, it had been sitting in the original owners yard for about a year. He bought in new jersey then lived most of it's life in Georgia. Have every single receipt from dealer for up until I got it. Needed a...

Comment

Originally posted by volvo_dave View Post
            awesome...How hard is it to +turbo? I have a nice strong 93 b230f that i'd like to +t and drop in my 245. I think the only difference between a +t and n/a is sodium filled valves and dished pistons...maybe bigger diameter rods too...

heres mine

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=284295
            Car looks great! Definitely a fan of what you have done so far. I have a soft spot for the 240 wagons. Not hard, just a little aggravating I gather. The hardest part is just figuring out the oil return line honestly, but most people just weld a bung on to the oil pan. There are a bunch of threads on TB with a DIY setup for the +t, but I would DEFINITELY try and +t that b230f . Since it is a late year engine the rods are actually beefier than before (post 89 i think?) so you shouldn't really need dished pistons or bigger rods (not initially at least). From what I gathered, all you need is the computers out of a turbo car (740,940) and all of the physical turbo bits (IC, piping, oil lines, manifold etc.), and then you just plug it in and go. I was told I could run 12-14 psi on a stock intercooler, 740 turbo computers, 850r orange top injectors, with a ported 90+ manifold. and almost push the power to 200+ hp at the crank. Yay higher compression engine.
            My Build:

Comment

Volvos are very cool. Good stuff so far!

Comment

do you have a timetable for when you want the turbo in?

Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnious View Post
                  do you have a timetable for when you want the turbo in?
                  If I can help it, I want to have it done before spring semester. So hopefully by Jan. 15th-ish. I am going home for thanksgiving and will start tearing it apart then probably, but the brunt of the work wont start until around Dec. 15th. All of the oil pan work will kind of suck since I don't have a lift, I am trying to figure out if I can do the work somewhere that has one haha.
                  My Build:

Comment

I love volvo's hince the name!
                    my old baby

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                      I love volvo's hince the name!
                      my old baby

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6212/...04ffbb9fbd.jpg
                      Do you still have it? Definitely like the look!
                      My Build:

Comment

No, unfortunately! I slightly regret it. it was my swedish mobster!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                          If I can help it, I want to have it done before spring semester. So hopefully by Jan. 15th-ish. I am going home for thanksgiving and will start tearing it apart then probably, but the brunt of the work wont start until around Dec. 15th. All of the oil pan work will kind of suck since I don't have a lift, I am trying to figure out if I can do the work somewhere that has one haha.
                          fair enough haha. Cant wait! Do you have any plans for the stance? Keeping it more for function than form?

Comment

Originally posted by Omnious View Post
                            fair enough haha. Cant wait! Do you have any plans for the stance? Keeping it more for function than form?
                            As much as I would love to just slam the snot out of it, I have to be realistic and keep a bit of ride height so I can navigate all the terrible roads around me haha. That being said, I am planning on dropping the rear to the height of the front (maybe -2 or -3 inches). The big change will be the sawblades, which will need 50mm adapters at least. They are et56 I think, and the car uses et20 or et25 stock. So rolled fenders and stretched tires here I come. So I would say I am leaning towards functionality, but I definitely want some form in there too.
                            My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                              No, unfortunately! I slightly regret it. it was my swedish mobster!
                              Ahhh that's too bad. Sorry to hear that. It was definitely a mobster haha, and pulled it off quite well. I will either run my 240 into the ground or a wall haha.
                              My Build:

Comment

Working...
                              X