Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My '93 240 (Volvos can be cool too right?)

Default My '93 240 (Volvos can be cool too right?)

So I have been a lurker for a little while... but I think it is time to enter the scene. I got this car last year November, off a guy in MD for a good price. Paint is s***, body is dented, but there isn't much rust and it is mechanically sound. Good enough for me.
    It will not be a quick build (I am both poor and away from home in school haha, but I will work on it over breaks hopefully). This build may be quite disappointing, as I have can't really afford (time or money) to do what I want to right now.
    It isn't really low yet....... at all
    Hopefully it will be soon.
    About the car:
    m47 transmission (5 spd)
    chopped lowering springs in the front/rear
    strut braces
    pan-hard bar
    ipd front anti-sway bar
    voxx mg3's (I know I know) 16x7.5
    full pioneer head unit/stereo and JBL sealed 10" sub with boston acoustics amp
    I messed with the interior a bit, alcantara shift boot, painted trim etc. (but don't have interior pics atm)

Stuff to put on that I haven't yet:
    Garret t3/t4 .42/.48 turbo (#1 priority right now)
    C4 sawblades (17x8.5, 17x9.5)...have to get thick as hell adapter made somewhere.... haven't gotten around to it
    Bilstein HD's from an s10 for the rear

Here are some pics to start:

potential! cant wait to see that garret put in. sub'd

Quote Originally Posted by High_5er View Post
    Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

this is gonna be good
    Steelow
    IG: @al_swank

sweet, yeah i got my wagon last september or october haha, im planning on +T also, but i got stuck with lh3.1 so im gonna have to switch it to 2.4 first..

hell yeah for first car 240's sub'd

awesome...How hard is it to +turbo? I have a nice strong 93 b230f that i'd like to +t and drop in my 245. I think the only difference between a +t and n/a is sodium filled valves and dished pistons...maybe bigger diameter rods too...

heres mine

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=284295

Quote Originally Posted by volvo_dave View Post
    awesome...How hard is it to +turbo? I have a nice strong 93 b230f that i'd like to +t and drop in my 245. I think the only difference between a +t and n/a is sodium filled valves and dished pistons...maybe bigger diameter rods too...

heres mine

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=284295
    Car looks great! Definitely a fan of what you have done so far. I have a soft spot for the 240 wagons. Not hard, just a little aggravating I gather. The hardest part is just figuring out the oil return line honestly, but most people just weld a bung on to the oil pan. There are a bunch of threads on TB with a DIY setup for the +t, but I would DEFINITELY try and +t that b230f . Since it is a late year engine the rods are actually beefier than before (post 89 i think?) so you shouldn't really need dished pistons or bigger rods (not initially at least). From what I gathered, all you need is the computers out of a turbo car (740,940) and all of the physical turbo bits (IC, piping, oil lines, manifold etc.), and then you just plug it in and go. I was told I could run 12-14 psi on a stock intercooler, 740 turbo computers, 850r orange top injectors, with a ported 90+ manifold. and almost push the power to 200+ hp at the crank. Yay higher compression engine.

Volvos are very cool. Good stuff so far!

do you have a timetable for when you want the turbo in?

Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    do you have a timetable for when you want the turbo in?
    If I can help it, I want to have it done before spring semester. So hopefully by Jan. 15th-ish. I am going home for thanksgiving and will start tearing it apart then probably, but the brunt of the work wont start until around Dec. 15th. All of the oil pan work will kind of suck since I don't have a lift, I am trying to figure out if I can do the work somewhere that has one haha.

I love volvo's hince the name!
    my old baby

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6212/...04ffbb9fbd.jpg

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Quote Originally Posted by 244Brick View Post
    I love volvo's hince the name!
    my old baby

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6212/...04ffbb9fbd.jpg
    Do you still have it? Definitely like the look!

No, unfortunately! I slightly regret it. it was my swedish mobster!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Quote Originally Posted by philohlean View Post
    If I can help it, I want to have it done before spring semester. So hopefully by Jan. 15th-ish. I am going home for thanksgiving and will start tearing it apart then probably, but the brunt of the work wont start until around Dec. 15th. All of the oil pan work will kind of suck since I don't have a lift, I am trying to figure out if I can do the work somewhere that has one haha.
    fair enough haha. Cant wait! Do you have any plans for the stance? Keeping it more for function than form?

fair enough haha. Cant wait! Do you have any plans for the stance? Keeping it more for function than form?
    As much as I would love to just slam the snot out of it, I have to be realistic and keep a bit of ride height so I can navigate all the terrible roads around me haha. That being said, I am planning on dropping the rear to the height of the front (maybe -2 or -3 inches). The big change will be the sawblades, which will need 50mm adapters at least. They are et56 I think, and the car uses et20 or et25 stock. So rolled fenders and stretched tires here I come. So I would say I am leaning towards functionality, but I definitely want some form in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by 244Brick View Post
    No, unfortunately! I slightly regret it. it was my swedish mobster!
    Ahhh that's too bad. Sorry to hear that. It was definitely a mobster haha, and pulled it off quite well. I will either run my 240 into the ground or a wall haha.

As much as I would love to just slam the snot out of it, I have to be realistic and keep a bit of ride height so I can navigate all the terrible roads around me haha. That being said, I am planning on dropping the rear to the height of the front (maybe -2 or -3 inches). The big change will be the sawblades, which will need 50mm adapters at least. They are et56 I think, and the car uses et20 or et25 stock. So rolled fenders and stretched tires here I come. So I would say I am leaning towards functionality, but I definitely want some form in there too.
    Have fun rolling the rear fenders. Holy mother of god does it suck. I suggest cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch3d' View Post
    Have fun rolling the rear fenders. Holy mother of god does it suck. I suggest cutting.
    Really? Crap. Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely resort to whatever is easiest.

Volvo, turbo plans, whats not to love?! Looking forward to future updates!

They're a tad expensive, but you could always go with the broadway statics with the 2 inch adjustable cushions. basically an "oh shit" cushion.

Update..... well sort of. I am going home next week and will be getting some interior shots, as well as getting this (the blue one) hopefully:
    Aaaaand the necessary Kaplhenke adapter

I may get started on painting the sawblades too, we'll see.

Looking forward to it! I can't wait for the day I can get a nice wheel. Before I lose the airbag, my dad is making me get a harness first. For that, I need racing seats and a harness bar -__-

needless to say, long way off.

Looking forward to it! I can't wait for the day I can get a nice wheel. Before I lose the airbag, my dad is making me get a harness first. For that, I need racing seats and a harness bar -__-

needless to say, long way off.
    Hahaha actually my dad was reluctant to get me the wheel for my birthday for that very reason! But I figured what the hell, it's a volvo. Doesn't really get much safer than that, airbag or not. I'm definitely pumped to put it on

Default Wheel ideas?

So I am throwing around paint schemes for the sawblades... And I am looking for some input. I am working swedish-flag-blue accents around/in the car, and am trying to figure out how I can accomplish that with the cleanest results on sawblades. I am considering doing front 2 like this:
    and back 2 like this:

I am worried that fully blue rims especially with the broad faced sawblades will be too much for my muted silver car. Also toyed with minimal color, and simply doing a darker shade of silver/gray.... but that is a little boring. What do people think?

Update!
    Did indeed get the steering wheel, however I am having difficulties installing it. Not positive the momo adapter will be quite as "bolt-on" as I was hoping........
    Also began refinishing the wheels. Getting the clearcoat off sucked s***. They are all primed and waiting for paint, but I haven't decided what I want to do to them yet .
    Also, running out of money quickly
    Last edited by philohlean; 06-06-2020 at 12:09 PM.

volvos ARE cool!!!

this one is especially so. Nice work sir
    Like a glove