No announcement yet.

Something Swedish that isn't a Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am excited for your progress. Working on an 0-9 wagon myself. Good luck bud
    '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
    '99 E36 Convertible

Comment

From one Swedish brand to another, I love slow progress build threads that actually go somewhere and you can see the progression (similar to my build thread). I drove my cousins 9-5 for about 5 hours during a road trip, very nice cars. I love the jet fighter mode or whatever it is that turns off all lights except the Speedo.

I just realized, I've seen your Tethys for sale on Craigslist... I search Volvo wheels all the time and just realized you're from Louisville!
      Last edited by JVC; 11-23-2013, 07:26 PM.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Originally posted by kpg2713 View Post
        I am excited for your progress. Working on an 0-9 wagon myself. Good luck bud
        I love wagons. If I ever sell this one, it will be in favor of a 2009 Aero Wagon.
        Originally posted by JVC View Post
        From one Swedish brand to another, I love slow progress build threads that actually go somewhere and you can see the progression (similar to my build thread). I drove my cousins 9-5 for about 5 hours during a road trip, very nice cars. I love the jet fighter mode or whatever it is that turns off all lights except the Speedo.

I just realized, I've seen your Tethys for sale on Craigslist... I search Volvo wheels all the time and just realized you're from Louisville!
        Thank man.

Yes, Night Panel, I love it. It's kinda gimmicky, but everyone that rides in it at night just loves it. Especially when the rest of the speedo fades in when you hit 90.

And yeah, those would be mine. haha. Trying to see what's out there right now. Like I said, might be getting a new set this week if I can arrange it.

It's a work in progress^
        Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
        Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Well, new wheels didn't happen...the guy still has them and I might be able to grab them next week when I'm done with finals at school. I did order the gloss black Vinyl for the roof today. It should be here next week so hopefully I can have it applied next week as well.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Roof vinyl came in! Don't know when I'll find the time to actually wrap it.

Also, lows are going to take a bit longer than I had initially thought. Lets just say, I've decided to get low in a little bit less static way.... So I have a little more saving up to do....

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Just registered for Water by the Bridge here in Louisville. I have 2 months to:
              -Wrap the roof
              -refinish my Volvo wheels
              -Paint my Aero kit
              -Try to find some H&R or Eibach lowering springs on the cheap. Springs will only be temporary.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Well, I **** to call this an update, because it isn't... But I painted my Volvo wheels.

IMG_8082 by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

Also, wanted to let you all know why there's been no real updates: I'm currently an Accounting major in college, so I have no time for a job...blah blah you've heard it all before I'm sure.

If you didn't see above, the plan for this car is now to put it on air. As far as I know it will be the first bagged Saab 9-5 ever. I know, this sounds like it won't work out because air is expensive and I don't have a job...but there's hope! In the small amount of spare time I have, I have been doing the online work and setting up appointments (basically brokering) the sale of a houseboat. There seems to be someone genuinely interested in it at the moment, and my commission from the sale will cover most of the cost of bagging the Saab.

So for now, here are some photo shops of car:

Saab on TXWheels by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

Saab on Fururas by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

Saab on AMGs by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

Saab on WCI by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

Saab on Style95 Grey by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

Saab on CCW by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

Saab on Bentleys by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

This will probably be my last post before I have something actually worth updating. Comments welcome!

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Futura's would look great on there.
                  Instagram: lowtege

Comment

Hey mate, if your after some cheap lows until you get your bags just cut a coil off the stock springs. I've got a 2000 SE with a TD04 and stage 3, and I took a coil off all round last weekend. Not Stanceworks worthy but gets rid of the arch gap! Took me about an hour and half and drives so much nicer! (I am aware it's not the "correct" way to lower a car!)

Comment

If you ever wanna get rid of those Volvo wheels you should let me know, they look AWESOME!
                      Originally posted by JC.
                      'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhfuh.Focus View Post
                        Futura's would look great on there.
                        Futuras a definitely my #1 right now. Hoping to have this thing on a nice set of wheels for next season. I have another project car right now too, so I'll be tapped out between air for this and finishing the other project this season. (I'll have a thread about that project probably in the spring.)
                        Originally posted by easty View Post
                        Hey mate, if your after some cheap lows until you get your bags just cut a coil off the stock springs. I've got a 2000 SE with a TD04 and stage 3, and I took a coil off all round last weekend. Not Stanceworks worthy but gets rid of the arch gap! Took me about an hour and half and drives so much nicer! (I am aware it's not the "correct" way to lower a car!)
                        I had thought about grabbing a second set of springs for about $50 and chopping off a coil or two just to see how it would sit on the current wheel/tire combo to get an idea what size tires/spacers I'll need once I'm on air.
                        Originally posted by soab View Post
                        If you ever wanna get rid of those Volvo wheels you should let me know, they look AWESOME!
                        Might be next show season! I'll let you know. They'll definitely be posted up on TSL if I do.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Yeah definatley worth a go. I might take another 1/2 a coil off once my Audi wheels are finished at the machine shop. Just some 17's see how it sits. Once I've got them on I'll get a build thread going so you can see for yourself. There aren't too many 9-5's on a google image search with chopped springs!

Comment

Originally posted by easty View Post
                            Yeah definatley worth a go. I might take another 1/2 a coil off once my Audi wheels are finished at the machine shop. Just some 17's see how it sits. Once I've got them on I'll get a build thread going so you can see for yourself. There aren't too many 9-5's on a google image search with chopped springs!
                            There's a member here with a 9-5 wagon that's on cut springs right now. I think he's three in front and and two in the back. It's closed the gap a bit.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Nice! Wouldn't mind having a look, I tried the search tool but nothing came up, you don't know what te guy's user name is or have you got a link to it at all?

Comment

It's me.

Any more progress with the air setup? I think I've decided on parts, just saving up the cash right now.
                                '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
                                '99 E36 Convertible

Comment

Working...
                                X