No announcement yet.

mk3 gti and an e21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I installed all new shift linkage. The shifter feels much better. The internals of the trans feel a little worn, but that's another issue.

Comment

showing the GTI some love

Last edited by mk3f.t.w.; 07-02-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Comment

So my original oil pump for the e21 had 330xxx miles and the pressure relief valve became permanently stuck. The pump I put in has 150xxx miles and the valve is sticky. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new pump.

Comment

A few pics of the Gti
            Last edited by mk3f.t.w.; 08-26-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Picked up some wheels for the e21. I need spacers for the rear, lower the front a lot more, and lower the rear a bit more. Also the tires I'm mounting have a bit taller side wall than the tires that came with the wheels.

Comment

So I installed my brand new pump. The other used pump I put in was starting to go bad. The new pump seems to be working just fine. I am havering a tough time finding a mounting adapter for my autometer pressure gauge though, but that will be going in soon so I can keep an eye on things.

And the other thing I noticed is my motor mount arm is broken. Good thing i didn't drive it very far. I had been telling harry for a week or two I noticed the car was more rumbly, and I assumed my trans mount collapsed because i knew it was going bad. my car surprised me haha.

Thankfully the guy on e21legion sent me a new one for free and it's the beefier steel version

Comment

Slamburglars fuck yea! The e21 is sickening man
                  Great neck

Comment

hopefully sickening in a good way haha. although many times i am sickened when all these arts break haha.

Comment

This thing is so sweet lol i hope its loud and shoots fire from the exhaust one day
                      IG: Dimitriantoniou
                      1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                      1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

you and me both! isnt that all anyone wants? and maybe to be low and do skids would be nice.

Comment

So I installed my steel motor mount bracket to replace my cracked aluminum bracket. I also installed a new center support bearing.

Comment

Comment

Another project I'm working on is upgrading the lights. I believe I have 5 series or 7 series buckets.

The guibo and trans mount were killed from some old trans leaks. I resealed the trans a bit ago but didn't have the funds to replace these until recently. New guibo, IE trans mount, sway bar end link upgrade for the engine damper. Since I have a newer e21 but older steel motor mount arm, I had to do some grinding to get the damper mount and steel motor mount arm to work together

Last edited by mk3f.t.w.; 11-05-2015, 11:51 PM.

Comment

the rides

Comment

Working...
                                X