No announcement yet.

mk3 gti and an e21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing new. Just finished re-doing my fittis and go them back on. Put together a local bbq.

Picked up some new bushings, SS lines, porterfield pads, and new balljoint for the e21.

fixed some dash bulbs

Last edited by mk3f.t.w.; 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Consider me jealous of that e21. That would be a fun car to fix up. Put some kidney grilles on the poor thing! (:

IG: ryannnwith2ns

Comment

Maybe with my upcoming paycheck I will get a grill

Comment

Comment

Last edited by mk3f.t.w.; 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

picked up a spoiler and got a couple bushings in for the e21

Comment

So I put my SS braided lines on. The fluid looked like it was from 81. I took off the rear lines and it was none dry. Just dirt and air in there. My brakes feel amazing now with fresh dot 4, lines and no air. It great that u was able to use my brake bleeder as well

Comment

put in my stsuspension rear sway bar. will do the front soon. I cant really feel a difference because my rear subframe bushings arent made yet, therefore my rear subrame is all loose and sloppy. Looking forward for those bushings to come in

Comment

Your Mk3 is beautiful! I'm sure the E21 will turn out great as well
                    '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

Originally posted by stancefag View Post
                      Your Mk3 is beautiful! I'm sure the E21 will turn out great as well

Thanks!!!

Did a little more work today

Got my eurometric rear diff hanger in and front st suspension sway bar

Comment

nothing new. just a pic of the cars.

Comment

super pumped on these rear subframe bushings. I believe im the first customer to get the new 2nd gen bushing.

Then I decided to do my steering rack bushings. Those were a big pain to do without a lift and proper tools. And the darn spacers inside kept falling out.

The rear end feels much more planted. And the steering is much more responsive. Before my rack sliding around and the rear subframe shifting.

Comment

My BMW died on me. Lucklily my friend in berkley has big back yard and he is letting me work on my car there. His mom didnt seem to care that another car was being pushed into the back yard haha. He is fellow VW dude so he has a cherry picker and jacks which works out well for me.

mandatory bbq

i really dont like CIS. The car is very simple besides mechanical fuel injection.

found a broken valve spring. contemplating rebuilding the bottom end since the rings are worn and it drinks lots of oil.

If i can find a complete swap locally i might do that too. I found a couple complete m20 straight sixs for $300 for everything minus trans. I would do other swaps but i need it to be quick, simple and cheap. This was not planned financially and I dont want to leave a car in parts at my friends for too long.

Comment

contemplating a swap or just another M10?

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                                contemplating a swap or just another M10?
                                If I can find a complete swap locally and for the right price I would do it. I kinda need the car on the road. I can handle a basic swap, but I dont want to be searching for parts to complete the swap.

I would prefer the m42 but all that popped up was an m20 for $300. The m20 im looking at comes with everything (harness, ecu, accessories) minus the trans.

If nothing pops up in a week or 2 I will probably drop off the head at the machine shop. While that is there i will tear down the block to get it ready to be honed and refresh the bottom end.

I have looked at you page for the m42 swap
                                Last edited by mk3f.t.w.; 11-17-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X