No announcement yet.

Brickhouse VK56 240SX Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love it! making my want for an s13 grow even stronger!!
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Good stuff! I'm glad you're u didn't forget about the fans of this build.

Comment

Love everything about this build! Great fab work as well

Comment

Just finished reading the whole thread.
          Registered to comment and subscribe.

Awesome work guys!
          Hopefully you will have a swap kit fully developed by the time I move back to the states as I am planning to rock a V8-swapped S13.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzor View Post
            Engine looks great... makes that car look mean. More updates!
            Thank you! It really does give it a different presence!

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
            love it! making my want for an s13 grow even stronger!!
            This car, technically being Greg's car, makes ME want a hatch. It sounds arrogant to like what you've created but I love the way the overall look has come together!

Originally posted by Junya View Post
            Good stuff! I'm glad you're u didn't forget about the fans of this build.
            Never! You guys are really what drive us to get it wrapped up. Sometimes life slows it down a bit but it's nearing the end!

Originally posted by l2edken View Post
            Love everything about this build! Great fab work as well
            Thank you! I'll pass on the kind words to Greg - he's the man behind the mask.

Originally posted by Boosted_Monkey View Post
            Just finished reading the whole thread.
            Registered to comment and subscribe.

Awesome work guys!
            Hopefully you will have a swap kit fully developed by the time I move back to the states as I am planning to rock a V8-swapped S13.
            That is the biggest compliment of all - seeing people with one post comment on this thread! You and others above have made an account just to leave some kind words! It's the coolest thing ever! And hit us up when you're ready! The kit is going to be released in stages and the goal is to start soon! Would love to see a VK in your car!
            IG: @brickhouse_products
            brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

Progress in the shop continues...just hasn't made it here yet. Sorry! With the ease of uploading pics to Facebook, our facebook page has been getting all of the updates recently. If anyone wants to follow and give us a like, we'll love you forever!

https://www.facebook.com/brickhouseproductsllc/

And really if you have questions about anything, messaging the page is a great way to get a hold of us. Or if you're on Instagram, I'm @brickhouse_steve and Greg is @brickhouse_greg.

I'll get a proper update posted here hopefully in the next week or so, but the urge to get on the track has driven Greg to get back on what we've dubbed The History Hatch build. The black hatch shell he started tube fronting a few updates back. We literally had all of the parts to assemble it from various projects through the years just taking up space in storage so he's been putting in time getting it together to make a fun track car.

It already and fired and runs so it's just a matter of buttoning up loose ends to try and make the next drift event Aug 13th weekend! Once it's wrapped up, it's back to the VK build!
              brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

Hey all! Going to go back a fill in the blanks a bit with a proper post, but we've taken the build to youtube! We'll get better at the whole thinking and talking on camera thing, editing and such! It just seemed like a more interactive way to share the build/progress.

And for the most current progress, follow us on Instagram:
                @brickhouse_steve
                @brickhouse_greg

Or Facebook:
                facebook.com/brickhouseproductsllc

Those are just wayyyy easier to update on fly, so check them out! Everyone's support is greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epv--wcfLYs"]Brickhouse Ep.1 - S14 VK56 Swap START! - YouTube[/ame]
                Last edited by irritatedmax; 01-14-2017, 10:58 AM.
                brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

So to catch things up from the last post...

Greg pulled my 14 out of storage. It was wrapped in plastic and such as you saw but this was still the result of 6 years in a barn.

Looking a bit better after a hose off.

And about that time, we picked up another VK56 and CD009 for mock up.

Shortly after this, my family and I moved back to America from Japan. Day before Thanksgiving to be exact. I'm now in the shop full time. Greg and I spent a good portion of December revamping/organizing the shop. S13 and S14 under the same roof again. Now both with VK56's in their bays.

VK56 in S14 bay. Still working on final location.

We got the GK Tech high clearance front sway bar and shifter relocation kit to help give us more oil pan clearance and a reference to locate the engine in the bay.

Night and day difference comparing clearance of stock sway bar and the GK Tech bar. In the left pic, the left bar is the stock sway bar. Right pic is GK Tech.

I made up some S13 SR coilpack covers to get familiar with the CAD software and CNC plasma cutter. So much fun to be able to create whatever you want.

Next up was oil pan flange creation/testing.

And had to get the 13 out of the shop and had a nice 32 degree day so gave it a wash. Looking awesome.

Awesome transformation this car has gone through over the past almost 7 years. It was originally supposed to be a simple street car with S13 SR. Haha.

Lots more going on but progress is happening faster than ever. Have some other exciting projects and announcements coming soon as well. 2017 is off to a great start!
                  brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

The new look is phenomenal! Can't wait to see the vk all tidied up in the bay!

Comment

• OKAY boner alert

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• So epic! Love the rega's and the fact that you stuck with all Nissan drivetrain. 5*
                        sigpic
                        Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Haz.:R32 View Post
                          The new look is phenomenal! Can't wait to see the vk all tidied up in the bay!
                          Thanks! Much to do in the tidying department but we have some cool ideas in the works.

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                          OKAY boner alert

Hahaha. Thanks man!

Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
                          So epic! Love the rega's and the fact that you stuck with all Nissan drivetrain. 5*
                          Yo, Eric! What's up man! Awesome to see you on here and following the build! I trust your sense of style so it means a lot!
                          brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

• The build continues - Episode 2!

Last edited by irritatedmax; 02-09-2017, 12:40 PM.
                            brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

• Updates? Lol patience is a virtue

Comment

• Originally posted by AKToyotaluv View Post
                                Updates? Lol patience is a virtue
                                Video update happening now (working on it in the other window). But otherwise intagram gets the majority of on the spot updates - @brickhouse_steve.

There are a few cool VK56 things happening in the background that I'll hold off on commenting on until they're sorted. Don't want to jinx it! Haha
                                brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X