Stupid shop stripped a bolt hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid shop stripped a bolt hole

Hey guys, I had my tires swapped out last week for a little extra clearance. In the process of doing so, this shop I had seen some good reviews for had stripped one of the bolt holes and half of my bolt. I'm pretty pissed off about it right now. What's the best way to handle this?
    Originally posted by cobrawannabe
    More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

I have no idea but i try to get more information about this.
    Last edited by mariomonti; 02-23-2015, 12:12 AM.
    www.rapidcarhire.net

Comment

Time to change the hub, and all of the bolts.
      Bolts are actually wear items, and need to be replaced from time to time.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

This is something you should take up with that shop if you dont want to pay out of pocket.

GL

Comment

Originally posted by mariomonti View Post
          I have no idea but i try to get more information about this.
          I've looked into it and I can either replace the hub (I think it's time to replace it anyways) or I can get a thread chaser
          Originally posted by Zic View Post
          Time to change the hub, and all of the bolts.
          Bolts are actually wear items, and need to be replaced from time to time.
          That's probably my best option right now. Just reached 180,xxx miles and my hub and bearings need to be swapped out. lol
          Originally posted by andyp.com View Post
          This is something you should take up with that shop if you dont want to pay out of pocket.

GL
          Thanks. I actually confronted one of the owners though, and I was just met with complete disrespect. He didn't even acknowledge that I was there half the time and would turn his back on me mid-conversation.
          More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by siopaolover View Post
            I've looked into it and I can either replace the hub (I think it's time to replace it anyways) or I can get a thread chaser

That's probably my best option right now. Just reached 180,xxx miles and my hub and bearings need to be swapped out. lol

Thanks. I actually confronted one of the owners though, and I was just met with complete disrespect. He didn't even acknowledge that I was there half the time and would turn his back on me mid-conversation.
            burn it to the ground.

that would be my next course of action.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
              burn it to the ground.

that would be my next course of action.
              That's honestly the first thing that went through my head. When I got home that day, I told my housemate and he told me I probably shouldn't.
              More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

I would not pay the bill.
                But you are in this situation now, the best thing would be changing the bearing and hubs on both sides.
                Are you mechanical inclined to do it your self? Or got some friend that can help you. It would save some cash.
                -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

You can repair the threads and add some thread locker when you install the wheels for some added protection. If the damage is severe then I would take Zic's advice and replace the hub. I would first repair the threads. After the repair If you install the lug and there is to much play (as in vertical/horizontal movement when its threaded) then the hub should be replaced. You must do this without the wheel - install all the lugs and check. You can easily tell if its to much play as soon as you being threading the lugs. GL
                  [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                    I would not pay the bill.
                    But you are in this situation now, the best thing would be changing the bearing and hubs on both sides.
                    Are you mechanical inclined to do it your self? Or got some friend that can help you. It would save some cash.
                    I wish I had called them out at the time.

But I should be able to swap the hubs out though. I've done all the other work on the car. I just need to save up a little for those hubs. lol
                    Originally posted by Hella_RICH View Post
                    You can repair the threads and add some thread locker when you install the wheels for some added protection. If the damage is severe then I would take Zic's advice and replace the hub. I would first repair the threads. After the repair If you install the lug and there is to much play (as in vertical/horizontal movement when its threaded) then the hub should be replaced. You must do this without the wheel - install all the lugs and check. You can easily tell if its to much play as soon as you being threading the lugs. GL
                    Thanks for the advice. I was actually looking at thread chasers and I'm not too sure which one to use. They're pretty common for spark plugs and that's what autozone and other stores around here carry.
                    More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

fuck. I now have a flat and it's on that wheel... I can't put my spare on because my bolt hole is fucking stripped. any advice?
                      More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

Force it off and run 4 bolts until you can get whatever you're thinking of replacing.

Comment

Working...
                        X