1996 e36 308is 2 week build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 e36 308is 2 week build

Right guys I decided it was time to put the convertible away for the winter and get myself a cheap little winter runaround that i didnt mind getting grimey and knocked n banged about
    Had a call one morning from an old work mate offering me this 318is with 74,300 miles MOT'd and Taxed for £300! I couldn't really say no could I?!

Bought it, drove it home and instantly fell in love with it!

Luckily i had a few bits that I'd bought for a compact project that I unfortunately (or fortunately I suppose) got let down on, the story is that I went down to my local scrap yard and found a 318ti compact down there, managed to get the full M-tech kit for £100 including all the door mouldings. There was also an M3 replica coupe there with a full set of grey leather sport seats (Vaders as most people call them) so I gave them £130 for them I also got a genuine Nardi Woodline steering wheel with the boss off the same car for £20!

Biggest bargain was my mate though, he managed to get a set of genuine staggered 17x8.5/9.5 3 piece AC Schnitzer type 2 alloys off the same car for £100!!! I could not believe it!!!
    Anyway, I had all this sitting in my garage when i bought the 318 so it made sense to get bolting the bits on. Resprayed the front bumper in the same colour as the car which is called Moreagrun (pretty rare colour I assume?) and fitted it on

Realised the door mouldings fit the coupe but the wing and quarter panel mouldings didnt, so went back to the scrap yard and acquired the full set of door mouldings off the coupe as well for £20.
    Bought a set of coilies off of ebay, nothing special as it was just a little winter project nothing fancy and then I decided I needed a half decent set of wheels just so I wasn't rolling on shitty 15s lol. In the end I thought, well I may as well just use the wheels off of my convertible as its just sitting in the garage not being used, bought the car just over 2 weeks and this is how she looks now, not even got the log book back yet!

Pretty impressed with it so far, but she does still need a few things like an m3 rear bumper and black/grey leather door cards and black roof lining but this will all come soon enough i'm sure.

Comment

Super jealous of all your finds! Car looks great, not a fan of the body colour but well for the money spent this is perfect.
      slamburglars.com

Comment

Such a bargain. Looking good!

Comment

Looks great! Nice work
          -SW|UK-
          Education - Knowledge - Power
          insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Looks great man! Jealous of the bargin parts
            Dont suppose you would be interested in selling that steering wheel and boss?

Comment

That is a bargain, and looking lovely. Not sure I'd be brave enough to run those wheels ove rthe winter though!

Comment

No I'm gonna keep the nardi wheel forever i think! It really is perfect in every way, so comfortable and nice to dive with it! I wouldnt normally run BBS Wheels as winter wheels, but luckily my best mate refurbs wheels for a living so if I ever have any problems I just take them to him for a weekend then they'll be like new again. If anyone wants their wheels refurbed I can get you a great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Pete View Post
                  No I'm gonna keep the nardi wheel forever i think! It really is perfect in every way, so comfortable and nice to dive with it! I wouldnt normally run BBS Wheels as winter wheels, but luckily my best mate refurbs wheels for a living so if I ever have any problems I just take them to him for a weekend then they'll be like new again. If anyone wants their wheels refurbed I can get you a great deal!
                  Im guessing your mate is 'rusty rimz' haha i recognise that touring! Had some wheels refurbed by him only a few months ago, when i went to pick them up i saw a few bmw's outside, yours might of even been one haha

car looks good bro, especially for the amount you have spent!
                  Last edited by BenVAG; 10-28-2013, 06:08 AM.
                  Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
                  Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
                  This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

Looks good! Im from Ips and from the rusty rims comment i think you must be from round the area! Bimmer parts have an m3 rear for like £35 at the moment.
                    Low Expectations

E46 static and undrivable Build

Comment

Ello Pete car is spot on buddy

Comment

Wow, that's what I call fast moving.

Great Work Mate

Comment

cheers guys, got another set off BBS splits that Rusty Rimz is currently refurbing so once they're done they will bolted on and new pics will be uploaded.

Comment

Finally got round to putting the rear m3 bumper on.
                            Apart from that I've done very little to it, but thought I'd update the thread with some more pictures.

Comment

Changed my wheels. Found a set of Racing Dynamic RGRs on eBay for £300 and had to have them! Much prefer them to the BBS

Comment

Working...
                              X