Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Classic? - 1967 Mustang Coupe

Hey folks!
    When I was 15 I bought my first car, a 1967 Mustang Coupe. My dad's and my goal was to rebuild the car from ground up, it originally had a 289ci engine but luckily this one had a 351ci in it!
    During all the time restoring it, I had many different ideas on how the car would look like when finished, Blue, Bullitt-like, Red, Grey... But now I made my final decision and want it black!
    The car will get its paintjob done soon, photos will follow, stay tuned!

(Don't think that this will be done tomorrow, I'm doing my last year in highschool and don't always have time to work bysides. And other than that I also want to spend some money on my Miata too..)

Video with photos:

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAB0Dihsw8"]1967 Ford Mustang Project - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    2. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GI9ZHbZBkc"]1967 Ford Mustang Project - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Back in 2010:

At home:

Starting to take everything apart:

Bodywork:

This is how she looks now:

This is the kind of look I want to achieve one day!
    Last edited by SBCriss; 01-15-2014, 12:19 PM.

My Builds
    1967 Mustang
    Miata

Instagram: crisseh95

Great concept. I hope it all works out.
    My build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

Good luck and that Fastback is sick!!

i love my bug more than my m3 haha

Comment

Originally posted by 2thousand2 View Post
        Good luck and that Fastback is sick!!
        fast backs are sick. this is not a fast back tho.

looks like you are off to a great start!

Comment

Surprised green with an RB wasn't in your choices of color... cuz you knowwww

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

[quote=TeckniX;1193343]Surprised green with an RB wasn't in your choices of color... cuz you knowwww

Haha well I had that in mind but I prefer the black one now

My Builds
            1967 Mustang
            Miata

Comment

black one is solid for sure! How much rust repair did you have to do?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                black one is solid for sure! How much rust repair did you have to do?
                Well not too much at all, the front had to be cut out and replaced, one door panel had to be replaced, the interior had a couple of small holes, also been replaced!

My Builds
                1967 Mustang
                Miata

Comment

Since I'm not from the US and I'm not aware of how much these bad boys cost, would you please give me a hint on the price?
                  Was it under 10k, mid 10's?

Seemed like a pretty solid car from what I could see.
                  They're very rare here in Europe. I saw one a couple years ago and I will never forget that day.

I was inside my mom's Mondeo(US it's a Ford Fusion) and I heard a big engine going up the hill ... when I saw it I couldn't take my eyes of the car. My jaw dropped and I was like:

If only...

Subscribed!

Comment

Awesome! I love 64-73 mustangs.
                    Volvo Build Thread
                    Bmw Build Thread
                    Toyota Build Thread
                    zanebonk instagram
                    Tumblrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOwl View Post
                      Since I'm not from the US and I'm not aware of how much these bad boys cost, would you please give me a hint on the price?

They're very rare here in Europe. I saw one a couple years ago and I will never forget that day.

I was inside my mom's Mondeo(US it's a Ford Fusion) and I heard a big engine going up the hill ... when I saw it I couldn't take my eyes of the car. My jaw dropped and I was like:

If only...

Subscribed!
                      Prices are all over the place, only from what i can see, but my guess was <$3k for what he got

Comment

If only...

Subscribed!
                        Well I'm not from the US either haha, I got the car for 3000€.. bought it in Germany and headed over to Luxembourg! I don't think that you would find another one in that condition for 3000€ nowadays!

(Anyone can help me with my signature, I simply can't upload a good quality image, 500x100 looks strange, and I see many other resolutions on here?)
                        Last edited by SBCriss; 10-03-2013, 03:15 PM.

My Builds
                        1967 Mustang
                        Miata

Comment

My godmother is living in Luxembourg ...

I never thought they would be this cheap here in Europe.
                          I saw some ads a couple years ago and they were cheap (2k cheap) but I always thought that taxes would kill the deal.

Well, you were really lucky to find this car.
                          Congratulations!

I will be camping over here waiting for updates.

PS: About your sig, try uploading it to photobucket or imageshack and use the img tags. " [ img ] "

Comment

My godmother is living in Luxembourg ...

I never thought they would be this cheap here in Europe.
                            I saw some ads a couple years ago and they were cheap (2k cheap) but I always thought that taxes would kill the deal.

Well, you were really lucky to find this car.
                            Congratulations!

I will be camping over here waiting for updates.

PS: About your sig, try uploading it to photobucket or imageshack and use the img tags. " [ img ] "
                            Oh that is great to hear!

I will be posting photos as soon as something new happens with this project!

My Builds
                            1967 Mustang
                            Miata

Comment

Bodywork on the back of the car has continued, god I can't wait to see this thing when painted!

My Builds
                              1967 Mustang
                              Miata

Comment

Working...
                              X