• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Simps View Post
    Genuine csl
    Nice, looks great man!
    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Oh my god...This work is amazing. Also, thank you. You are the only reference I have found so far for a space frame. I am thinking of doing the same to my Celica, so thank you!
      -Tanner

1973 Celica
      Tanner Stinson
      ASU '19

Comment

• Originally posted by hackrtanman View Post
        Oh my god...This work is amazing. Also, thank you. You are the only reference I have found so far for a space frame. I am thinking of doing the same to my Celica, so thank you!
        -Tanner

Thanks

You space framing the whole car or just the front end?

Comment

• Built an exoskeleton tonight...

Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Exoskeleton got tagged into the shell at the a & b posts then the whole thing lifted and separated from the space frame

So chuffed, feels like I've hit a real milestone although the gf thinks its a step back and doesn't quite get it!
            Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Some further progress today.

With the shell off I could continue with the rear turret tops..

There's still finishing work to be done and tidying but I want to weld it up from the underside 1st before I make it look "pretty". Repeated on the other side then moved the shell away from the wall so I could continue welding up joints that were inaccessible with the shell on...

Then it was time to flip her over ready for the underside work to begin. I'll probably start from the front and work back.

Really happy with how things are progressing at the moment
              Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• This is going to be amazeballs...

Comment

• ^^^^^ what he said
                  [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                  [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                  Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

• According to the last picture: Error 404, Vauxhall not found.

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Simps View Post
                      Thanks

You space framing the whole car or just the front end?
                      Whole car. Progress looks great!

1973 Celica
                      Tanner Stinson
                      ASU '19

Comment

• So over the past few weeks I've been putting in hours where I can working from front to back welding up all the joins. I also tidied up underneath the turret tops front and back and welded the joins where necessary. Didn't take any pics of the fronts for some reason so will next time I'm up there. For now the rears...

Welded all the joins and stitch the large plate (its seam welded on top)...

That complete the car was flipped back over. I had left the rear turrets like so previously...

So I ground back the welds the went over every join with tidy (for me!) welds with an aim to be neat and finish them like the fronts...

Just trying to decide how to finish off where the surround plate meets the tube work. Think I might grind it back, see how it looks, but most likely lay down some finishing welds like on the turret plates. The aim being that the other panels that will need welding into the car will all be finished the same way.

Thanks for reading, its getting there slowly!
                        Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Well i havent popped on for a while and just had a good 2 page catchup.

loving the progress, seems to be getting somewhere now.

have you got a completion/onto the road date in mind?

also do you plan on having the frame powdercoated or something?

keep up the good work dude

Comment

• Originally posted by PurpleDrumstick View Post
                            Well i havent popped on for a while and just had a good 2 page catchup.

loving the progress, seems to be getting somewhere now.

have you got a completion/onto the road date in mind?

also do you plan on having the frame powdercoated or something?

keep up the good work dude

Thanks for checking in!

No completion date, gets done when its done.

Frame will be powder coated yeah.

Thank you

Comment

• Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• This is the greatest build thread I've ever seen. Keep on keeping on man, this thing should be awesome. Any idea on power goals?
                                then i smash yo corolla

Comment

Working...
                                X